• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
So a bit of fog, low res textures, reduced foliage and a worse draw distance. Meh. Even if it runs at 20fps, I still get to play Witcher 3 on my switch, which means I get to play it while commuting, while watching tv(or when someone else is watching tv), in bed, on the couch, on a plane, whatever. Which is the whole point and exactly why this is awesome. I'm there day one.

Skyrim was also a much worse version of the game that I already had on my pc, without mods, without pretty graphics, same game I played years ago and already dumped hundreds of hours into, etc. Yet I still added another 150+ hours into it because it's super convenient and still fun. This will be exactly the same; maybe I'll actually get around to playing the DLC or finishing the game now(stopped on pc when I started sailing around the islands and got bored).

Also, Gwent. Likely to spend more time playing it than the game proper anyway.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Well if we wait and its fine will you cry after? Please...

Obviously "fine" will mean different things to different people. Personally I have never doubted you could put TW3 on a Switch; it's a computer after all. It's just a matter of how much of the experience you sacrifice.

Heck, you could even put Skyrim on a PS3.

I'll save my tears for something that matters, which definitely is not TW3 on Switch.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I will buy it just to show my support

Having this game running on the switch is no easy task, o think

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish I understood this mentality of handheld somehow being more comfortable or convenient.

How is dedicating 120 hrs fo a game like FF12 more comfortable on a small screen vs on a big screen on the couch ?

In reality most handheld gamers simply play their handhelds at home on their couch anyway and I struggle to understand how that is somehow superior to playing on a TV.

This is not directed to you..My friends say the same shit and I just don't get it..

Same. I cannot fathom playing big games on handheld.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
That's insane. I don't have hope for the framerate though once you leave the starting area.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
So it's real. At least we now have an answer as to what a Witcher 3 port on the Switch would look like.

baltikr1s

Banned
May 24, 2019
I can't wait for Digital Foundry saying that switch port doesn't look that bad compared to ps4 pro version, which is what they said about Warfame, but... It was massive bullshit.
I have downloaded Warfame on Switch and it looks and runs horrible, so can't wait!

On the other hand, if it will run bad and look shit, it will be funny to read and listen to witcher fanboys who might try to defend it at all costs haha

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
This is pretty much what I thought it would have to look like to run on the Switch, but I'm still suprised they pulled that shit off.

same here. still nervous about framerate/how it will run overall, though. it already struggles to run on consoles and with all of the processing that has to go on during world roaming, it will be interesting to see what happens. CD Projekt needing that extra cash flow lol.

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait for Digital Foundry saying that switch port doesn't look that bad compared to ps4 pro version, which is what they said about Warfame, but... It was massive bullshit.
I have downloaded Warfame on Switch and it looks and runs horrible, so can't wait!

On the other hand, if it will run bad and look shit, it will be funny to read and listen to witcher fanboys who might try to defend it at all costs haha
Not as funny as when people eventually go on to say that of course a not so demanding game like The Witcher 3 could run on the Switch

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

Warframe looks pretty good. Are you thinking of when it was released?

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I did some Witcher 3 on PS4 but never got more than maybe 5 - 10 hours in. Having the option of playing this on Switch sounds pretty great...I'm sure I'll buy it and never finish it.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Please don't let Potatoble Edition be your first experience of this game. For the love of god.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a "play docked at your own risk" kinda game since the graphical downgrades will be extremely apparent on a 35"-65" screen.

I'm very much in for a replay on-the-go of this game. It's so good.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
You know what's worse than being excited about a port you'll never play? Whining about a port you'll never play.

I think the graphics look surprisingly acceptable, so this could be a great option for Switch players who might not have any other means of playing it.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Will be nice to play this for the first time without loud as fuck PS4 and without trophies. Day one.

Matterhorn

Feb 6, 2019
United States
So a bit of fog, low res textures, reduced foliage and a worse draw distance. Meh. Even if it runs at 20fps, I still get to play Witcher 3 on my switch, which means I get to play it while commuting, while watching tv(or when someone else is watching tv), in bed, on the couch, on a plane, whatever. Which is the whole point and exactly why this is awesome. I'm there day one.

Skyrim was also a much worse version of the game that I already had on my pc, without mods, without pretty graphics, same game I played years ago and already dumped hundreds of hours into, etc. Yet I still added another 150+ hours into it because it's super convenient and still fun. This will be exactly the same; maybe I'll actually get around to playing the DLC or finishing the game now(stopped on pc when I started sailing around the islands and got bored).

Also, Gwent. Likely to spend more time playing it than the game proper anyway.
Couldn't have said it any better myself!

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since it's running at 1/10th of the original resolution it's going to be a lot smaller obviously.
Not having 1080p assets (I assume) obviously means it's smaller, plus some cool compression tech can help further, but the largest available Switch cartridge right now is 16GB. 32GB is available in limited quantities, and extremely expensive.
NO compression could bring this down to 16GB.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Not having 1080p assets (I assume) obviously means it's smaller, plus some cool compression tech can help further, but the largest available Switch cartridge right now is 16GB. 32GB is available in limited quantities, and extremely expensive.
NO compression could bring this down to 16GB.
Steam install is showing 51GB for me.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
This includes both story expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, as well as all 16 free DLCs.

In addition to the game card housing the entirety of the Complete Edition's content, the box will also come with a set of physical goodies: The Witcher Universe compendium, game map, and stickers.

Now, the real question is, can they really do all these without requiring a mandotary download later ?

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Please don't let Potatoble Edition be your first experience of this game. For the love of god.

Why, not everyone has a top of the line PC. I played the game on my launch model PS4 and that's far from the best version of the game. If the Switch is the only system a person has, I'd rather they get to enjoy the Switch version rather then miss out on the game entirely.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Never thought era would be a place where people seem to be actively disappointed and angry that The Witcher 3 is being released on switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.