• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Depends. Put the settings down to ps4/xbox base graphics with a GTX 1080/1080ti and you can get a very smooth mostly 60fps experience.

He said 60+. A mere 60fps is not enough for the vision. And dropping settings? No way, Jose.

Basically, you have to play the game at settings that weren't possible on hardware that didn't exist when the game actually released in order to achieve the developers' vision.

I'm pretty sure he was joking

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Wow what? That can't be right. The entire w3 complete edition on 1 single game card???

From rpgsite which they say from the cd project red's press release about the game :

Here's a little bit more about the release from CD Projekt. One of the most interesting tidbits is the last section of the press release, identifying The Witcher 3 as being responsible for more than half of the series' total of 40 million sales, putting the 2015 release at a pretty staggering 20 million copies sold.

Winner of over 800 awards, including 250 Game of the Year awards, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is an RPG set in a fantastic open world full of adventure, danger, and mystery. As professional monster slayer Geralt of Rivia, gamers must set out to find the Child of Prophecy — a powerful entity that may send the world spiraling toward destruction. Along the way, the witcher will find himself facing not only mighty foes, but also difficult choices, the consequences of which will ripple throughout the game's epic narrative.
Set to launch this year both digitally and in retail, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition for Nintendo Switch comes with the base game, as well as every piece of additional content ever released. This includes both story expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, as well as all 16 free DLCs. In total, the Complete Edition offers over 150 hours of gameplay, for the first time playable truly on the go. The game is being ported to Nintendo Switch by Saber Interactive in close cooperation with CD PROJEKT RED.
In addition to the game card housing the entirety of the Complete Edition's content, the box will also come with a set of physical goodies: The Witcher Universe compendium, game map, and stickers.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the first game from the franchise to be released on a Nintendo console, introducing the series to brand new audience, as well as giving anyone who already played Geralt of Rivia's final adventure a chance to experience it again on the go. The release of the game on Nintendo Switch is also bound to further cement Wild Hunt's status as the best-selling title of the franchise, which currently makes for more than half of the series' 40 million copies sold.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Lol, so many people acting like they've never seen a console game before. Yes console games run and look worse than PC games, what else is new? It's still game of the generation, even with 30 fps. 30 fps isn't great, but something most of us have learned to live with right?

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
He said 60+. A mere 60fps is not enough for the vision. And dropping settings? No way, Jose.

Basically, you have to play the game at settings that weren't possible and hardware that didn't exist when the game actually released in order to achieve the developers' vision.

I'm pretty sure he was joking
I was making fun of mostly console players coming in here with "MUH EXPERIENCE" posts.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
It's like people have forgotten the long history of downports to portables. I think it's great that these kind of games are finding a home on the Switch, if no one else is going to make any handheld machines then what's the problem? If Nintendo go ahead and make Switch games compatible with the next generation of their line, these will look miles better in a few years.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
I want it but I needa see how it runs undocked since that's how I play most of my switch games. I really don't wanna experience another Xenoblades 2.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want it but I needa see how it runs undocked since that's how I play most of my switch games. I really don't wanna experience another Xenoblades 2.
I don't think it will be much better than Xenoblade 2 portable, to be honest. Xenoblade 2 ran as badly as it did because of poor optimization, and while I am sure that won't be the case with The Witcher 3, it's also just a far more demanding game than Xenoblade 2 was.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted.

720p docked/540p undocked with dynamic res.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018

Wtf, amazing!! Might be expected but that's pretty damn good.

I'm sure the dynamic res is going to be heavily used, though. Man A hypothetical SP version would be awesome.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Lol, so many people acting like they've never seen a console game before. Yes console games run and look worse than PC games, what else is new? It's still game of the generation, even with 30 fps. 30 fps isn't great, but something most of us have learned to live with right?

my laptop isn't the most powerful hardware, even by 2016 standards...

...it still managed to, somehow, be able to run TW3. With less-than-720p resolution, and not-even-30fps framerate.

I still managed to beat the base game, plus Hearts of Stone and get to Blood and Wine having an absolute blast. Amazing fucking game. Would I have preferred to have experienced it in ultra-crisp HD with max graphical settings? Of course! Did I have the chance? Not at all. I took what little I could and still had HOURS AND HOURS OF FUN. I'm pretty sure the Switch version will run better.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Wow that looks rough as hell. I mean, obviously cool that people will get the choice to play it on their Switch.

But it really does look like some YouTuber took the .ini file and tried to make it as low poly and minimalistic as possible.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man some of y'all never would've made it during the 8-bit and 16-bit eras, lol, remember playing "arcade ports" of Ninja Turtles Arcade Game on the NES and Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat 1/2/3 on SNES and Genesis, and DOOM on the SNES or DKC (er, DK Land) on the Game Boy.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
You underestimate how much people underestimate Switch. A few folks in a thread recently legitimately tried to argue the Switch can't run the PS3 version of GTA5 without compromises.
People have tried to imply that the Switch can't run GTA V and that's also on last gen systems. At any rate, I certainly expect people would be surprised to see it running better

Oh, I'm aware of how much people underestimate the system, still most people would agree Alien: Isolation is not a problem, I think.

Most of the media shots are native 720p, I think, the one from the Blood and Wine expansion was lower, but not 540p I think.

This really looks like a version that has a lot of care put into it. I'm very glad.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that looks rough as hell. I mean, obviously cool that people will get the choice to play it on their Switch.

But it really does look like some YouTuber took the .ini file and tried to make it as low poly and minimalistic as possible.

Not even a little bit close:

I put together a quick comparison video of moving footage shown in the initial trailers for both Switch and PC. The Switch version looks pretty good, IMO. vestan

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018

Aliens.jpg

I'll buy it... but... 540p...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.