• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It should be noted that the 32GB cards were not available to Western developers for awhile (although costs were a concern, I had heard awhile back Nintendo's western branch wasn't making them available for reasons that weren't specified), so if this is truly on a 32GB, something must've changed recently. Hopefully this is a good sign of things going forward.

EDIT: And yeah, as someone mentioned, Asian and Japanese releases of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD on Switch are on the 32GB card.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
Great news for Switch owners that haven't played this gem. I'm still cautiously optimistic about the performances though.

Wrong thread.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting the need to download at least 10GB of extra data to get access to the complete game. This is a very welcome surprise.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It has to be Nintendo's doing. They probably charged CDPR same price for 32GB as 16GB cards.

We already have budget priced 16GB cards in games like Tales of Vesperia so it couldn't have been that expensive for 16 GB

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
Actually this is not true. Final Fantasy X/X2 use a 32GB cart. I did a vid on this awhile back

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I bailed on this game on PC, but I'll admit that I'd give it a second look on Switch just to support these kinds of releases done right. That, and maybe the game is better suited for consumption in small doses.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
This needs to be shown to every whiny third party company. Now, and after it sold around 2m more on Switch.

Especially Ubisoft. They couldn't even port a simple game like Steep.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see any of this as "confirmation" that there won't be at least some of that content included in a day one update.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Weird that there is not even a release window for this game, it says 2019 but it's not like there are many months left in 2019 after all

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Even as someone who is all-digital on Switch, this is good news, and it helps to set a positive precedent. All of these massive publishers cheaping out on cards for their physical releases despite stupidly strong sales on Switch software are a disgrace.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
dang witcher twitter account doing work! lol
They did a good job Clarifying the most salient points to avoid rumors and misunderstandings spinning out of control

But i think this is the case of the port being fairly strong to begin with so all the fine print keep painting the game with a better light.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NICE! getting more and more 32GB carts out there will result in their price decreasing and more games being able to take advantage of them. i wonder what nintendo's first 32 GB games is going to be. probably prime 4 (if it makes it to switch) or botw 2.

i think these are the games that have used a 32 GB cart so far:

- dragon quest heroes 1 & 2 (japan-only launch game)
- resident evil revelations 2 (japan-only physical release, download code in other regions)
- final fantasy x/x-2 (japan and asian releases, other regions have one game as a download code)

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Very nice! CDPR bringing the respect with a great port of a massive current-gen game as well as being the first to use a 32GB card. They get my money!

It's not technically the first game to release on a 32 GB card: DQ Heroes 1+2 did - but that retailed for 9k+ Yen ($80-ish) in Japan.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2 and the Asian-region versions of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD used 32GB cards as well, but it's definitely good to hear that the 32GB card is being used by someone in the west. I hope Nintendo will incentivize the option more in the future, cause there's already a lot of games that really could have used that size card (L.A. Noire, NBA 2K19, etc).

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna guess 32GB cards are now the same price as 16GB was in 2017/18. 64GB would be the new 32GB tier, hence no one is using that one yet.

Annoying Old Party Man

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is one of those projects that you want to buy just because they attempted making it. Something like Donkey Kong Land for the original GB - you think it couldn't be made, and then they go ahead and do it.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
This is one of those projects that you want to buy just because they attempted making it. Something like Donkey Kong Land for the original GB - you think it couldn't be made, and then they go ahead and do it.
Doom for the GBA, Bioshock for iPhone, Borderlands 2 for the Vita... it shouldn't exist, but it does, so you need it. I love these sort of versions.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Seeing that this is possible and remembering that VV had doubts over porting Crash to Switch....

Annoying Old Party Man

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Doom for the GBA, Bioshock for iPhone, Borderlands 2 for the Vita... it shouldn't exist, but it does, so you need it. I love these sort of versions.

Exactly - you buy it just for the absurdity of it. I mentioned Donkey Kong Land because that was the impossible game. This was supposed to be almost impossible to handle by the SNES, and the madmen ported it to an 8-bit old crank.

Anyway, I think I'm going to give the Witcher one more chance...

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Exactly - you buy it just for the absurdity of it. I mentioned Donkey Kong Land because that was the impossible game. This was supposed to be almost impossible to handle by the SNES, and the madmen ported it to an 8-bit old crank.

Anyway, I think I'm going to give the Witcher one more chance...
My man. I know exactly what you mean. That aforementioned Doom port was a revelation to 10 year old me.

You a "tried it, didn't like it" Witcher player too? I put about 30 hours into the PS4 version but it never held up for me. Going to jump back in if the price is right.

(The price won't be right)

Annoying Old Party Man

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My man. I know exactly what you mean. That aforementioned Doom port was a revelation to 10 year old me.

You a "tried it, didn't like it" Witcher player too? I put about 30 hours into the PS4 version but it never held up for me. Going to jump back in if the price is right.

(The price won't be right)

Yeah, I tried but movement was too clunky, felt like a "PC" game if it makes sense, combat was a little bit sluggish and I was a little disappointed by the technical performance on base PS4 (compared to what was promised). But I would really love to give it a chance again.

And yeah, price won't be right.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I tried but movement was too clunky, felt like a "PC" game if it makes sense, combat was a little bit sluggish and I was a little disappointed by the technical performance on base PS4 (compared to what was promised). But I would really love to give it a chance again.

And yeah, price won't be right.

The games strength is it's worldbuilding. Once you've done a few Witcher contracts and become familiar with the different oils and potions the game transforms. You are also quite flexible in how you want to approach combat. You can focus on sword skills, signs, potions or a combination of those.
There are some crazy powerful builds.
Side quests are amazing and flesh out the world, the lore and the characters.

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
what about the DQ japan exclusive game at launch? I thought h that also was in a 32gb card.

edit: I missed the 'since launch' part. Apologies.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019

I'm guilty of this too. Gave it a go in a Steam sale and used my Xbox One S controller. It didn't feel good in the slightest (In fact it felt worse than TW2)

I want to try again, maybe I'll wait until the Switch version is for rent on game