• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sakuyahime

Sep 21, 2019
Argentina
Well deserved! CDPROJEKT RED's games are something else... You can always see the passion behind them.
I can't wait to play Cyberpunk 2077, one of my most anticipated games this year.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
Wow that's amazing. 50 million made 3 and a half years after launch. The witcher 3 sales must be absolutely amazing by now.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I've just started replaying the Witcher 3 and rediscovering what an incredible game it is. Never played the expansions. Guess I'll pick them up on the next Steam sale.

Looking forward to Cyberpunk.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
What is the point of providing preferential splits to already successful products?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
So they'll remain on your service
If they're that successful on your service, they will remain anyway.
And you think that will stop Epic or others from buying exclusivity?
If Sony comes next gen with a jewel encrusted crown for an exclusive on ps5 they will refuse because of that?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
If Sony comes next gen with a jewel encrusted crown for an exclusive on ps5 they will refuse because of that?

Ubisoft was one of the most successful publishers on Steam and they stopped releasing their games on Steam.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017

They will refuse because they don't need Sony to make games.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Ubisoft was one of the most successful publishers on Steam and they stopped releasing their games on Steam.
That's kind of because Ubi is big enough to be able to support their own platform.
They probably would have done it regardless of a meager 10% more they get out of Steam.

They will refuse because they don't need Sony to make games.
Yeah companies do exclusive deals because they lack funds, good one.

no that's long term rational thinking that many suits don't have in the 21st century
Hey someone has to.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of those games that I always hear people LTTP about outside of the internet, and we see a lot of that chatter in places like here too.

It's one of those landmark games that needs to be at least tried.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
That's kind of because Ubi is big enough to be able to support their own platform.
They probably would have done it regardless of a meager 10% more they get out of Steam.

Siege is in top 5 games on Steam by concurrent players for years now. People have choice and still pick Steam. Their games are sold as UPlay keys everywhere (not anymore, tnx Epic) and people still picked Steam. Going off Steam will impact them, how much we will never know.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it took a mega hit like w3 4 years to finally hit the barrier for the marginally better rev share on steam?

Or I guess Valve didnt retroactively add games to that list once they introduced the changes last year?

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So it took a mega hit like w3 4 years to finally hit the barrier for the marginally better rev share on steam?
Witcher 3 has been on a higher-than-base revenue share for some time now. As a result, CDPR gets a higher percentage of revenue per sale on Steam than anywhere else the game is sold digitally besides CDPR's own platform.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
That's a shit ton of money, wow.
Say that to Bethesda lol

*14% more, to be pedantic

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

Or I guess Valve didnt retroactively add games to that list once they introduced the changes last year?

It only counted since October 2018. CDPR made 50 Million bucks with a 4 year old game on Steam in the last 15 months.
EGS only made 125 Million in 12 months storewide. THATS why the store cut doesn't matter overall.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Only because of the multi-game deal with Epic, though. Since signing said deal, Ubi has actually released three-and-a-half games on Steam (the "half" being Anno 1800). The whole "70% is unrealistic!" spiel was nothing more than PR chest-beating, not an indictment against Steam as a platform Ubi considers relevant.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Only because of the multi-game deal with Epic, though. Since signing said deal, Ubi has actually released three-and-a-half games on Steam (the "half" being Anno 1800). The whole "70% is unrealistic!" spiel was nothing more than PR chestbeating, not an indictment as Steam as a platform Ubi considers relevant.

Yeah but it looks like that they are not returning. The Division 2 depot wasn't touched since removal and exclusivity for that game will end soon and still no announcement about Steam release. And Ubisoft removed all of their new games from other stores. So i think that they will still stick with Epic Store/UPlay co exclusivity.