• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Did they improve the framerate for the menus? Even on PC they're laggy without the 60fps mod.

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
Why did I read this thread.
I bought it. Played 15m. It's absolutely disgusting looking. It can be Witcher 3 it's really ugly. Amazon don't take back opened game do they ?

You saw the screenshots and videos? You really have no one to blame but yourself. You knew what you were getting into

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not sure if it'll be a big enough difference, but visuals did seem better outside of the initial tutorial area.
I skipped to go straight to the forest Asap. It's very difficult. I mean even today Witcher 3 on one X at 4k is a sight to behold even when you have behemoths like the other games we know. I have dq11 on PS4 pro and I like the switch much better. Its still very good looking beside the softness. But Witcher 3. Wow. I didn't expect that bad. Will try to sell it somehow for 40 bucks fast

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Any idea what the battery life is on a new switch?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I bought it. Played 15m. It's absolutely disgusting looking. It can be Witcher 3 it's really ugly. Amazon don't take back opened game do they ?

I mean it doesn't look good by normal standards no matter what people say, especially on TV. DF already have the resolution numbers up. 720 - 540p will never look good on a TV especially in a game with huge draw distances. From what I've seen cutscenes in TW3 look significantly sharper but then the frame rate struggles.

As I said a few pages ago DQ11 looks a lot better. TW3 is good for what it is but don't expect much IQ wise.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it doesn't look good by normal standards no matter what people say, especially on TV. DF already have the resolution numbers up. 720 - 540p will never look good on a TV especially in a game with huge draw distances. From what I've seen cutscenes in TW3 look significantly sharper but then the frame rate struggles.

As I said a few pages ago DQ11 looks a lot better. TW3 is good for what it is but don't expect much IQ wise.
I guess you can have all games even god of war running on switch if you drop the resolution so low and everything else. It's about scalability. But it's just not worth it. Anyway have fun people I'm gonna sale mine

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
I guess you can have all games even god of war running on switch if you drop the resolution so low and everything else. It's about scalability. But it's just not worth it. Anyway have fun people I'm gonna sale mine

Again you have no one to blame but yourself there were plenty of videos and screenshots showing you what you were getting yourself into. Your post history is also talking negatively about the switch port so I'm not sure why you went ahead with it

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
So people using headphones and dedicated speakers how noticeable is the audio compression? The sound design/mixing plays a huge part in the immersion while exploring so I hope they didn't gimp it too much.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit it looks way better with the modded settings.

Sharpening in particular makes things look way better. This really should be in the game.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Holy shit it looks way better with the modded settings.

Sharpening in particular makes things look way better. This really should be in the game.

I might raise a stink about this. How did they get access to these settings? If the menu and everything exists in the code why can't we have access to it as it clearly gives us more options? Did they forget? Dammit. I'm fine with the graphics being reduced for the game as it's on Switch but I have to wonder why we don't have these options like we do in Warframe.

Maybe if enough people shout about it they'll put it in officially?

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The Witcher 3's sharpening filter is disgusting though

I might raise a stink about this. How did they get access to these settings? If the menu and everything exists in the code why can't we have access to it as it clearly gives us more options? Did they forget? Dammit. I'm fine with the graphics being reduced for the game as it's on Switch but I have to wonder why we don't have these options like we do in Warframe.

Maybe if enough people shout about it they'll put it in officially?
It's a config tweak, you can do the same thing on PC to expose more visual settings.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
The Witcher 3's sharpening filter is disgusting though

It's a config tweak, you can do the same thing on PC to expose more visual settings.
I'd rather have sharp low polys than blurry low polys. Love the game and cutscenes look fine but if it meant the moment to moment gameplay could be clearer I'd happily take it. Really annoying that we can't get access to this. Just let me turn off TAA and turn on sharpening and I'd be happy.

I don't want to have to have some kind of hacked hardware to do it though.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
For those wondering, it took me 279 hours to fully 100% this game on PS4. Single play. Hardest difficulty only.

That includes every point of interest visited, every quest, every DLC, every trophy, literally no content left to see and do...(except crafting all DLC high grade armor, which is too grindy and unnecessary). Also lots of faffing about and not including time from deaths and reloads I think.

Also I'd easily spend another 300 hours playing if there was anything more to do.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
For those wondering, it took me 279 hours to fully 100% this game on PS4. Single play. Hardest difficulty only.

That includes every point of interest visited, every quest, every DLC, every trophy, literally no content left to see and do...(except crafting all DLC high grade armor, which is too grindy and unnecessary). Also lots of faffing about and not including time from deaths and reloads I think.

Also I'd easily spend another 300 hours playing if there was anything more to do.

Good work, would be a pretty rare achievement you'd think. Those treasures scattered around Skellige are annoying as fuck.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Good work, would be a pretty rare achievement you'd think. Those treasures scattered around Skellige are annoying as fuck.

Yea the sunken treasures are a waste of time and I implore anyone to avoid those ?'s entirely. Literally the low point of the game design and though optional, it's all pointless.

I played this for over 2.5 years off and on with limited time after work to do everything. From launch day in May 2015 to holiday 2017 when I...sadly had finished all of Blood abd Wine. I didn't want it to end.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Again you have no one to blame but yourself there were plenty of videos and screenshots showing you what you were getting yourself into. Your post history is also talking negatively about the switch port so I'm not sure why you went ahead with it
Impulse buy. Thanks to this thread and amazon D-day delivery :(
« Order within 16 minutes to get it today ». Pressure pressure

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yea the sunken treasures are a waste of time and I implore anyone to avoid those ?'s entirely. Literally the low point of the game design and though optional, it's all pointless.

I played this for over 2.5 years off and on with limited time after work to do everything. From launch day in May 2015 to holiday 2017 when I...sadly had finished all of Blood abd Wine. I didn't want it to end.

I did those while waiting for the two expansions to release.Just a (boring) way to get some gold while also erasing the question marks.But since everything is available day 1 i wouldn't recommend going after tthem.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Um, anyone else having problems locating the game on the eShop in EU (Finland, to be exact)? It's not showing up for me in recent releases or when searching for "witcher 3".

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
As promised, some screens of Witcher 3 running on my Switch Lite.

z1JuXYp.jpg
1zKpdOZ.jpg

HdtAaL5.jpg
IPm2Bsv.jpg
9lEKaMp.jpg

AZ6zJ2T.jpg

Switchcraft.

It seems to me that the Switch Lite screen looks way better than the original Switch. I would have to compare them in person to conclude.

I like the appeal of the smaller screen, more PPI, and colorwise it seems more accurate to me.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems to me that the Switch Lite screen looks way better than the original Switch. I would have to compare them in person to conclude.

I like the appeal of the smaller screen, more PPI, and colorwise it seems more accurate to me.
There's not a significant difference. The Switch Lite screens also vary temperature wise. I had to go through a few of them, they ranged from cooler than my OG Switch to warmer than my revision Switch. PPI difference is very slight, I wouldn't go in expecting it to be noticeably sharper.

Deleted member 18847

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i was looking for some videos on the Tube and i've found this

the visual is a lot clearer than what i've seen around....someone with a 4k tv can confirm?
i mean if it's so clear i could buy it now, cause i prefer to play in front of my tv.

It's pretty rough on my 4k oled. I'm only going to play it handheld.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Buys game after reading a single thread.
Wants to sell the game after playing it for 15 minutes.

Mate, you should try to slow down a bit. That fast paced life can't be good

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
One thing to clear up the HUD a little is turn off "control hints". Never really understood why that's on by default.

Turning off the fish eye effect also makes using your witcher senses much easier on the eyes.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Do you guys I recommend I jump straight into the DLC? I played the base game for 20 hours on the PC years ago (but did not complete it) and not sure if I would want to go through the same thing again

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Do you guys I recommend I jump straight into the DLC? I played the base game for 20 hours on the PC years ago (but did not complete it) and not sure if I would want to go through the same thing again

Main game has a lot good story moments (main and side quest) and character moments so imo it's totally worth it. Flip side is that if you can't be bothered then totally check out at least HOS as it's really good and more compact story. B&W is more in lines on main game with its own open world to explore while questing, also really good DLC.

Ninman

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna bite after reading some impressions... but it's sold out on amazon México, happy for that.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Main game has a lot good story moments (main and side quest) and character moments so imo it's totally worth it. Flip side is that if you can't be bothered then totally check out at least HOS as it's really good and more compact story. B&W is more in lines on main game with its own open world to explore while questing, also really good DLC.

Thanks - really wish they had included some stats modifiers of sorts!