• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Picked up the physical release today and downloading the day 1 patch now (a two hour wait *sigh*). The "Witcher Universe Compendium" is fine -- it's just a short black and white story manual, but the map is really quite nice. Reminds me of using the physical Golden Sun 2 map back in the day.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I'd say skip W2. Just read up on the story and start from W3 if you want to immerse yourself in the characters and story. The Witcher 3 plays so much better, and is an overall better game imo. And that's without the DLC, which elevates it much more.

Did you finish the campaign already? Recommended you do campaign and HoS first before Blood and Wine.
Yes, I finished it on console but never got the addons.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to buy this digitally but I forgot this game is huge. 32GB plus you need an SD card to download it. I didn't see it chart digitally but that's most certainly due to the fact that its a huge file that can't be downloaded on to a standard Switch without an SD card. Will go physical for this one and the cart will probably stay in my Switch for a long while replacing Zelda botw.

Jesse

Oct 28, 2017
I just bought the game on my phone on the loo at work and it started downloading the game at home.

I feel like I'm living in the future!

Oni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else's kaer morhen armor bugged? Mines got blue lines at the seams and in the chainmail.

Oct 26, 2017
Started a Death March play through yesterday on TV, continued for a bit in Bed, then played a bit after Breakfast and currently play a bit during my break at work. It's fucking amazing that I can cram a bit of playtime whenever I get the chance. Performance is mostly fine, some stutters here and there and the resolution sometimes does look extremely poor, but man the game is so much fun still. I don't know who it was that made the comparison on here, but it really feels like Witcher 3 Monet edition lol.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Heads up - if anyone finds they love Gwent, an official client exists on GOG and is coming to iOS this week. The stand-alone game is amazing.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Good, I managed to get the box, I feared the physical edition would be on short supply, but nope, plenty to go.
I m eager to give it a spin

-this will increase my toilet time by quite a margin-

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would seriously triple dip so fast if cross save would work. With Xbox partnership on switch they should put it in. Handheld switch + Xbox couch

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
My shipment got delayed...Looks like mine is arriving just today.

Better late than never!

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
It seems people are too busy shitting on the other thread to actually talk about the game itself, instead choosing to tout how "inferior" this version is.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
CDPR has made a cute launch trailer:

Well, always knew I'm right in the target group of this port.

Last edited:

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I won't be able to boot it up for another hour. You know, on my break at work. Yup, gonna play Witcher 3, on my break, at work.

That's why this port is amazing.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
A hot tip for ye newcomers: don't use the roll in combat; instead, use the dodge step liberally. Also, be sure to enable the "alternate" movement in the gameplay settings menu if Geralt feels a little too weighty to control for you. That menu should also allow you to disable some of the visual effects of "Witcher vision" which I personally found a tad annoying when left enabled.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
Just played for 3hrs, absolutely amazing that I am playing this on a handheld.

Having completed the game on PC with a fast attack whirl build which makes the game kind of easy mode even on the hardest difficulty, I will try a heavy attack build with rend this time. Let's hope I can actually hit something lol.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Oooh this feels so good... what a sweet portable conversion :)
They even kept the high detail textures for the cutscenes, that's surprising... and it still has the blue line texture on the shoulder plate of the base armor xD ahaha... the old quirk is still there, full port.

A dream come true, really.

Last edited:

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I got around to playing it for a few minutes. I knew it was going to be Witcher 3 on a handheld, but fucking A. This is fucking Witcher 3 on a handheld.

This is so damn impressive.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks playing Witcher 3 for the first time: if you get frustrated with the combat, please don't give up on the game. Switch the difficulty to easy and you WILL enjoy the experience more. I played on Easy most of the way through the game and I still had an amazing time.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
This is really impressive, I'm having a blast (this is my second playthrough). My one hope for a future patch is PC cross-save.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, is the physical version that boxed set with the map, stickers, and game? And is that also the version we get in NA? Hate to make trip to BB and only find just a barebones version without the goodies.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Just finished the tutorial part, never played the original game. Boy oh boy I played for a very small time but I'm having a blast si far, still can't believe they managed to port this. I've only played in handheld mode and bar some framerate dips in the cutscenes, it's absolutely amazing, I'm really glad I decided to give CDPR my money.

Oct 28, 2017
I have the base game on PS4 and struggled to really get into the game, I did enjoy it but I think handheld will really help me keep at it.

I just have sooo much DQXI left to play before I can grad this.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
So, is the physical version that boxed set with the map, stickers, and game? And is that also the version we get in NA? Hate to make trip to BB and only find just a barebones version without the goodies.
I believe that's the only version. I'm in the US and just went to Walmart and that's all they had

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Performance seems really solid handheld. The only thing that surprises me is that actual gameplay seems much smoother than in-game cutscenes. I assumed those would be the easiest thing to optimize.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Performance seems really solid handheld. The only thing that surprises me is that actual gameplay seems much smoother than in-game cutscenes. I assumed those would be the easiest thing to optimize.

It looks like they prioritized resolution and texture quality for those, which makes sense to me.

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
I wish we had an option to mark all the question marks in the area on the map, I think we have that yet it doesnt display on the mini-map.
Its annoying that you just have to open the map everytime to see where to go next.

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So i must use a spell within the first combat tutorial, but it doesnt work. I've google this and it seems that other users had the same kind of thing on other consoles. Do i really need to start the game because of this?

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So i must use a spell within the first combat tutorial, but it doesnt work. I've google this and it seems that other users had the same kind of thing on other consoles. Do i really need to start the game because of this?
I had this happen to me as well. Game glitched out even though I was casting the spell. Reloading your last auto save should put you right before the combat tutorial and then it worked for properly me.

Bright

Sep 15, 2018
I envy all of you who are playing it for the first time. Truly a masterpiece and I'm so happy it's on the switch.