• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
First impressions were that it looked ass docked/undocked

30 minutes later...I'm seriously impressed, it's easily more than a serviceable port, performance is solid too. Good job Saber.

Already spent 200 hours on PS4 and finished the DLC's on PC but wanted to support CD with this haha

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
My copy finally arrived! Packaging is great!

Downloading patch as we speak!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Another underrated thing about the game people don't mention is that Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) voices one of the side majorish characters.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
For anoyone who is invested in the lore: which (Witcher) books should I read by Andrzej Sapkowski?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm so jealous of people playing this for the first time.

Buckle up and get ready to experience the greatest game ever made.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I died in the tutorial...

What the hell's up with this fall damage?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Ooooh yeah I had forgotten that haha

Yeah Geralt can safely fall like 5 feet but if you fall like a foot farther he dies. Or gets injured badly.

Coming from a JRPG like DQXIS that's gonna take some getting used to.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Planned to give this a little bit of time and ended up playing about an hour. Pretty fun so far, I'm still wanting to finish Dragon Quest before I sink my teeth to far into this, but I might sneak some Witcher 3 in from time to time.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this sells well. It's a great port of a fantastic game, CDPR and Saber have hit the ball out of the park.

vicarino

Aug 31, 2019
I'm enjoying the f**k out of it so far. There are three things I wish we get in the near future though:

1) being able to download "language packs". The option was in the game before the 3gb patch but didn't work. I thought it 2as because i didn't update, but after the update the option disappeared :(. Am I the only one who enjoys playing games in the different languages he speaks?

2) All the graphic options pirates are getting from modding the game that are apparently working great. They unlocked some graphic setings menu done by the developers of the game, so it could be easily patched back into it.

3) Freaking cross-save. Man this would give them an extreme boost in both sales and reputation.

Please CDPR!!

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Finally got a chance to sit down and explore a bit more.

Getting read to take on the Griffin and I'm a little scared.

I love this game so far. It FEELS a lot better than I was expecting it to.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to sit down and explore a bit more.

Getting read to take on the Griffin and I'm a little scared.

I love this game so far. It FEELS a lot better than I was expecting it to.

Is this your first time playing it? Because if you are loving it now, I cannot imagine how you'll be after a certain quest completes in Velen.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Checking in because I'm curious about impressions Ms even though I don't plan on buying the Switch version, but reading these comments makes me eager to play the copy that's been sitting in my PS4 for a while. I still need to finish Witcher 2 though, haha (I know I don't NEED to, but i want to).

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The Witcher 3 is a really special game to me, so I'm really happy to have a portable version.

I'm less than an hour in, but so far I'm impressed! It looks fantastic on the small screen. Can't wait to play more.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Side not to everyone: Remember all new Switch games seem to be $49.99 at Walmart. Just picked this up. It was in the back but they were good about it.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Cd Projekt heard that people were buying Cuphead for pennies at the Argentinian store and decided to put their game for over $80.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually really pleased how this looks in portable mode. That said, I actually find it looks noticeably better on the regular Switch than my Lite. I think it's much easier to pick out details from the low res on the bigger screen. On the Lite, all the blur sorts blends together more, I don't know how to really explain it. Just noticeably looks better to my eyes. Usually, it's the opposite for me.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
2) All the graphic options pirates are getting from modding the game that are apparently working great. They unlocked some graphic setings menu done by the developers of the game, so it could be easily patched back into it.
Is there a thread or something for this? Curious to see what they're able to accomplish

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
This is quite impressive. After slaying the griffin did everyone have like a 10 minute loading screen?

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, I just started my 5th Witcher playthrough on the switch and.. I'm really enjoying playing this game in bed, in the sofa, everywhere! I honestly think it looks great, this looks way super faithful considering. After seeing how XC2 runs docked, I was expecting the same muddy mess but nope!

The only things I still haven'g gotten used to is the switch of the A -> B buttons, sometimes I jump when I want to run and vice versa; the other thing I'm missing is seeing the world map when I hold Start (+).

I also wanted to play in another language and the 'download other languages' option doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Ooooh yeah I had forgotten that haha

Yeah Geralt can safely fall like 5 feet but if you fall like a foot farther he dies. Or gets injured badly.

Coming from a JRPG like DQXIS that's gonna take some getting used to.
The fall damage is definitely excessive. However, I'm pretty sure you can negate a bunch of it by rolling the instant you hit the ground.

Yes! just hold the jump button as you're about to land and Geralt will roll, It'll mitigate a lot of the fall damage (but it also kills you if you fall from way too high)

the option even disappears from the game after the day one patch :(

Dang they're removing it? I wanted to play in either polish or japanese.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple of hours this evening in handheld, really impressed by the game. It looks great (albeit kind of blurry, as expected) and feels good to play.

Also, I saw on the back of the box that the game supports single Joy-Con play? That sounds awful lol.

Deleted member 21326

User requested account closure.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First time playing it. Im at the griffen quest, but i keep getting sidetracked by different quests :D picked the second hardest difficulty, havent even leveled up yet. Will there be a tutorial for creating potions?

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First time playing it. Im at the griffen quest, but i keep getting sidetracked by different quests :D picked the second hardest difficulty, havent even leveled up yet. Will there be a tutorial for creating potions?

If you open up the inventory -> alchemy, the mini tutorial should pop up. There's a herbalist in one of the abandoned places that once you liberate it, it will sell you potions, that should bring the tutorial up as well when you purchase it.

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil
ZXwpr1Q.png

Excuse but me what the fuck? R$ 349 is like ~83 US dolars. Who decide this price?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just chasing a big griffin at the moment. I'm enjoying everything: story, combat, exploration… it just feels great. I know this game must be gorgeous in other platforms, but I'm really happy CDPR put the effort to make this into existence.

You're still super early, so you've got a lot more to see. Enjoy the ride!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just chasing a big griffin at the moment. I'm enjoying everything: story, combat, exploration… it just feels great. I know this game must be gorgeous in other platforms, but I'm really happy CDPR put the effort to make this into existence.

You're still in the tutorial area mate. Wait tell you move on to Velen, Skellige and then eventually Toussaint.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Side not to everyone: Remember all new Switch games seem to be $49.99 at Walmart. Just picked this up. It was in the back but they were good about it.
I might bite at $49.99. I am a graphics whore, I admit it and I play my Switch Docked mode 90% of the time, have a very high powered PC, Xbox One X that I have the game on as well. I have not played a lot of the game...but something is making me want to get it on the Switch. I know in Docked mode on my 4k TV it is not going to look that great...but those times I need to play portable it would be great to have such a great, huge game to play.

Oct 27, 2017
Got this coming my way, amazon discount and free one-day shipping. Fired up my PS4 post-everything save today, went walking around Novigrad a bit, fell off a few steps and died. Yup, good old The Witcher 3!

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to first time players exhausting White Orchard, exploring and finding side quests, only to then arrive in Velen and compare the map sizes.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If a walmart isnt near you guys and you want this game, go pricematch the game at a best buy (match it to amazon or walmart)

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

It's normal, you must double press jump before reaching the ground, Judoboy style... Geralt is old, he has backaches, it hurts a lot, but he can fall from quite high by judoing his way out of the fall.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
To anyone who hasn't followed the original marketing campaign: this trailer aleays gives me goosebumps, even to this day (no spoilers at all):

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon mesed up my pre-order :( guess i gotta wait another day.

Gotta say I'm surprised this game is no where on the eshop best sellers. Hope it does well

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Amazon mesed up my pre-order :( guess i gotta wait another day.

Gotta say I'm surprised this game is no where on the eshop best sellers. Hope it does well
It's very high up on the Amazon chart (currently above the leading SKU for COD preorders). I think retailers selling it for $50 whereas the game isn't a voucher game makes that it is being bought physically a lot. Also the fact that you get all the extra physical goodies.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
How's the framerate?
I have to say framerate has been very stable!

I've only seen a somewhat 20fps range but only during a cutscene
when you and Yeniffer are on horseback heading to Novigrad
, but gameplaywise its been very steady, and not once did I find things distracting from my play experience.

I manage to complete all the sidequests in the small starting area, but I feel more might unlock later. I've never have gone this far in the PC release!
So, I just started my 5th Witcher playthrough on the switch and.. I'm really enjoying playing this game in bed, in the sofa, everywhere! I honestly think it looks great, this looks way super faithful considering. After seeing how XC2 runs docked, I was expecting the same muddy mess but nope!
I don't know is it's the lack of TAA, but Witcher 3's image quality on Switch looks even better than Xenoblade Chronicles 2's...docked!