• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Witcher 3 or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild?

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Votes: 303 50.5%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Votes: 297 49.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how games like this split the crowd.

They're obviously both wonderful and it's clear that people love the respective games tremendously.

For what it's worth, BoTW was, until last Friday, my favourite game of the last decade or so, and now it Odyssey. That said, I can't STAND Witcher III. I hate, hate, hate the controls. That little slide that Geralt does before and after any action, like controlling a slightly tipsy ice skater. I can't get past it. And I can clearly see who wonderful and rich the world is. But I don't need that in a video game. I get that satisfaction in books. The absolutely fundamental principle that, for me, needs to be crafted in a game, is control and responsiveness. That's the magic of videogames (I also put Uncharted into that category - absurdly well made, but what they're making isn't for me).

Also, not quite as important, but the fact that Geralt sounds like an intense Hollywood action hero and everyone else is a Cornish simpleton seemed odd.

If you are on PC, there is a glorious mod called Immersive Motion that, together with alternate movement response, makes control of Geralt feel perfect. There is also Alternate Horse control which vastly improves control over Roach.

orthodoxy1095

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
BotW is the polar opposite. It's so open-ended and loosely written that I struggle to find motivation behind any of the side quests. Some random kid wants me to bring him a Traveler's Sword because... why exactly? No freaking clue, he just tells me he wants a sword. Get lost kid, I'm not your FedEx driver. The writing in this game is amateurish, and I'm not finding myself invested in any of the lore or plot. So yes, I'm sure there's a lot of content in the game, but there isn't really any emotional incentive for me to participate in it.
I loved BOTW, but I think the key thing that dragged it down for me was this. I could write an essay about all the things that TW3 does wrong or poorly, but the things it excelled at were making me at least believe that my actions had some consequences, and making me care about the people in the world.

BOTW felt like a fun, creative sandbox...but without enough drive for me behind that creativity. The closest you get to creativity and stamping your mark on the world are probably
upgrading your house and building Tarrey Town.
But even those are pretty on-the-rails experiences.

Sturm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I had to choose, I would stay with Witcher III. I find it much better game than Zelda in general and all its sections, graphics, music and others.

I liked Zelda, but I do not even think it's the game of generation. That title at the moment has it for Person 5 together with Mario Odyssey and will surely go to The Last of Us 2

Max Payne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both are great games, but if I could have only one, retrospectively, I would pick The Witcher 3. For me, a good story in a game is the most important part of the game. And Witcher 3 did a perfect job in that regard. It's still one of my favorite stories ever told in a video game. I also had more fun exploring the Witcher 3 world, than I did in BotW. The wold felt much more alive, the random npcs created an immersion of actually doing their own thing, instead of just hanging around like in BotW. Walking around Kaer Morhen at night with cracking wood and the strong wind blowing felt so breathtaking. BotW just can't compete with that for me.

Oct 28, 2017
I would very much like to not make a choice! They are different but not to the point that a comparison can't be made.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
I'm not saying BotW doesn't have fantastic art design, because it does. Revali & Prince Sidon are probably two of my favorite characters from that game. Both of them just look so dope. But if I'd have to give the edge to one, it's the Witcher. It's world is so big and unique, and it fills every nook and cranny with unique characters, NPCs, and enemies. Even the weapons have unique characteristics!

I like you.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Witcher linearity is boring.
Zelda exploration and climbing is fantastic
HOW is the Witcher 3 linear outside of the main quest and locking new areas behind main quest?

You could literally get to an area, go do everything you wanted to and return to the main quest then. Only in very small sections did the game have you follow a long story linear section, and they were most if not all while you were in the middle of a main mission.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't find any particular payoff with Zelda's exploration. Like, what's over that hill? A shrine, ok. A few korok seed puzzles maybe some bokoblins. I'm not saying it was boring but I found myself getting in all manner of interesting scenarios in TW3. The coolest thing I remember from BOTW was when I found The Lord of the Mountain. Exploration was not why I bought a Zelda game, I wanted some freaking dungeons. In that respect BOTW was kind of a letdown.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
Witcher 3 is filled with great writing, great voice actors, a world full of content, and the best questlines seen in an RPG in years.

I enjoy BotW, but Witcher trounces it in pretty much every way possible.

Imtehman

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i haven't played breath of the wild but i can say with certainty that The Witcher 3 is one of the greatest games ever created and is my personal top 3 game of alltime. For reference, my first console ever was the regular nintendo and ive own every major console since then.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3: Characters, Writing, Voice acting, World Building, Music, Creature/character/costume designs, comedic elements, a great ending to a long running series. The way the paths and plantlife are layed out is very natural feeling and trees move a lot when its windy which looks cool :)

Zelda: General gameplay is very polished, completely optional plot, completely reworked franchise (these can be positive or negative depending on the person), one of the worst endings and last boss of the series, framerate issues (especially on Wii u), largely sparse looking open world with the same trees scattered about.

Probably W3 although BOTW is going to do more good for videogames while The Witcher is being made into a tv series. BOTW wins if you're one of those gameplay purists who like to say "games shouldnt be movies"

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Witcher 3 PS4 at launch :

- Mario Kart hitbox
- Shuffkepuck Cafe physics
- Dungeon Master UI with a joystick
- Pinball Deluxe collisions
- Marble Madness inertia and velocity for Geralt and his horse
- Barbarian melee gameplay
- Magic/consumables gameplay that transform the game into a turn-by-turn

I was really angry because of the press coverage that did not inform me of this. I tend to not care about graphic fidelity if it do not serve something else, storytelling, level design, gameplay or anything. That's the problem I have with Assassin's Creed Origins now, it's like having the production design of Apocalypse Now, but the storytelling of a Police Academy 2.

So I enjoyed BotW a lot more, even if I am not entirely convinced, it looks like a prototype where the step of creation had to be artificially interrupted. And at the end, gave me impression to visit an empty World of Wacraft unofficial realm. Combat are so-so, bosses fight embaressly easy and the beastiary ridiculously limited. But sure it's amazingly pretty and a great exemple of Nintendo's talents, produce a lot with little means.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
Tough choice, but for me narrative based games are more my jam. Witcher 3 set an impossibly high standard for having so much well produced content in an open world RPG, or any game really. It is the gold standard to set all open world games to.

Last edited:

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
HOW is the Witcher 3 linear outside of the main quest and locking new areas behind main quest?

You could literally get to an area, go do everything you wanted to and return to the main quest then. Only in very small sections did the game have you follow a long story linear section, and they were most if not all while you were in the middle of a main mission.

I think a lot of the complaints about it being linear are to do with levels, sure the game is massive and open, but you're pretty much screwed if you run into 1 skull-marked enemy, unless you want to spend 20mins fighting it spamming Quen.

Personally, I don't think it's comparable in any way other than they're both fantasy games with action. I preferred Witcher 3 by far (I have no nostalgia towards LoZ, grew up with Sega consoles), but for me it's like comparing Gears of War to Vanquish, similar in 1 aspect, but completely different.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of the complaints about it being linear are to do with levels, sure the game is massive and open, but you're pretty much screwed if you run into 1 skull-marked enemy, unless you want to spend 20mins fighting it spamming Quen.

Personally, I don't think it's comparable in any way other than they're both fantasy games with action. I preferred Witcher 3 by far (I have no nostalgia towards LoZ, grew up with Sega consoles), but for me it's like comparing Gears of War to Vanquish, similar in 1 aspect, but completely different.
how is Zelda different if you run into one of those higher level lion dudes or tougher bosses with low level armor and/or weapons if that's the case.

Kriegshand

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo should look at their 2D efforts. Link's Awakening is probably the best Zelda game of all time. There is a lot exploration, a compelling story, character progression and great dungeons. The problem is breath of the wild lacks every aspect except for exploration.

There is basically no story in this game.

In terms of character progression link can find the master sword, heart containers ans stamina containers. At the end of every other Zelda game you have the feeling of advanced skill and depper gameplay. The old games are constantly evolve in gameplay due to new items/weapons. This is really a missing feature.

The dungeons in breath of the wild are short and there are only 4 of them. The bossfights have no special hook like in other Zelda games.

This game was simply to ambitious. Development time was mostly spend into creating the game world. But other aspect suffered.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But they're not generic enemies, they're bosses and mini-bosses.Compared to running in to a skull-marked Drowner.
I don't think I ever met skull marker drowner in 560 hours of two playthroughs. Usually enemies like Fiends and Leshens had skulls.
However it is not a problem either way. The game is designed so that some enemies are powerful and you are meant to run, get stronger and then come back and kick their ass. Like in the classic RPGs like Gothic 2.
Personally I agree with Joe

japkjgb.png

ja2jaj7s.png

PunkMilitia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me, Witcher 3 was a game of the year.

Breath of the wild, however, is a top 5 game of ALL time.

I feel the voting is better than I thought it would be, as you can imagine a lot of people who never Ed played BOTW have probably voted witcher in here.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I ever met skull marker drowner in 560 hours of two playthroughs. Usually enemies like Fiends and Leshens had skulls.
However it is not a problem either way. The game is designed so that some enemies are powerful and you are meant to run, get stronger and then come back and kick their ass. Like in the classic RPGs like Gothic 2.
Personally I agree with Joe

If I remember right, South of Condyle, there's 3 bandit camps, the southern most camp is very close to a hidden treasure guarded by drowners, if you go there too early I think the drowners are skull-marked..I might be wrong, if so, then there goes my explanation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Witcher 3 is linear, it was just me thinking of how people might consider it to be. (I do know for a fact there is a couple of Imperial Knights very early on that are way higher level than the rest of the area, though I think it might just be 1 or 2 elite skull-marked with lvl6-8ish grunts, which in a way would make them as much a mini-boss as the Lynels).

conman

Oct 27, 2017
The Witcher 3 for story and lore.

Breath of the Wild for exploration and experimentation.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I remember right, South of Condyle, there's 3 bandit camps, the southern most camp is very close to a hidden treasure guarded by drowners, if you go there too early I think the drowners are skull-marked..I might be wrong, if so, then there goes my explanation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Witcher 3 is linear, it was just me thinking of how people might consider it to be. (I do know for a fact there is a couple of Imperial Knights very early on that are way higher level than the rest of the area, though I think it might just be 1 or 2 elite skull-marked with lvl6-8ish grunts, which in a way would make them as much a mini-boss as the Lynels).
It's possible, maybe I went there later. Still though, I don't mind encountering an enemy like that. I try to defeat them, and if it proves too hard I just come back later.

jeffrockz312

Oct 27, 2017
Witcher is just better all around personally since I like to be immersed in the game especially on the narrative side of things. BotW on the other hand is like a physics playground which bores me. Don't get me wrong, both games are excellent. I just prefer Witcher.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I played Witcher 3 for 3 hours and BOTW for 375 hours (so far).

Guess which I voted for.

I find Witcher 3 to be pretty janky and I didn't like the feel of the controls or combat much at all.

I don't understand the acclaim for Witcher 3 to be honest.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I played and loved both, but at hour 120 I was ready for TW3 to end, whereas I was dreading the end of BotW, because I wanted to keep playing forever.

BotW had some kind of magic that made every play session in the game feel like setting off an adventure into the great unknown.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm honestly shocked that The Witcher 3 is currently ahead.

The gameplay aspects of Witcher are mediocre at best, it only succeeds in being an interactive movie. Whereas the dynamic flexible gameplay of Zelda is superb.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to salvage my monster post from a certain other forum so that I can illustrate here why I feel BOTW falls short in so many aspects where it could have far exceeded many other games like it, including The Witcher 3 which is my favorite game of the gen thus far...

I'm over 120 hours into the game, and my thoughts and feelings on BOTW bounce back and forth between complete adoration and total bafflement.

At it's very best, BOTW is exhilarating in how open and freeing the world is. There is no open world game which encourages exploration as much as BOTW. For this reason alone, BOTW succeeds in many respects and happens to be the best Zelda game I've played. It is pure adventure, and it's glorious. The game rewards experimentation; wander in any direction with no purpose and you're going to find something cool, eventually.

This is why, when it comes to the portions of the game that funnel you into linear, "story-driven" events, things get bogged down in tedium. There's no emotional thrust to the narrative, no sense of urgency to the unfolding plot points due to the anachronistic template they chose upon which to lay the story. Characterizations are thin and rely wholly on exposition. Therefore, there's no one point in time during the story-driven events where I feel I should be compelled to care, and so the linear bits of gameplay become a chore to slog through so that I can get back to the freedom of my open world adventuring. The Divine Beasts are, essentially, just slightly bigger puzzle rooms than the myriad of puzzle rooms you're already tackling. The only game mechanic they offer that helps to delineate them from their smaller counterparts is the ability to change the orientation of the room. Yay?

That's not to say the Divine Beasts don't provide moments of "ohhh, so THAT'S how that works!"

They have hints of cleverness to them. But at the end of the day, I just want to get them out of the way. Maybe the last one I have to do, Medoh the flying beast, will prove to be the best of the bunch.

I didn't even touch on the LAME boss battles that have zero nuance and have been bested by my basically knocking down xblight Ganon and slashing the fuck out of him. It's really disappointing, especially considering none of these bosses incorporate more than one game mechanic as a strategic means to win.

If BOTW is, as many people say, the "sum of it's parts", maybe we'd just as soon leave these particular parts on the floor? They're not awful. Not by a long shot. But they are wholly unremarkable and hamper the overall presentation of a game that's supposed to be endlessly epic in scope and mythology.

I need not say more about the story or characters, because the centerpieces of the narrative are tied to the beasts, and so I feel I've managed to cover why I feel the elements of the story that are present don't really lend themselves to the world or mythology. It works, to a degree, but it's not a complete success and feels more like an afterthought.

What's really worth talking about when discussing BOTW is obvious: the world. That's what it's all about. And for all of the dynamic and wondrous aspects that are present in this world, there are some major grievances that hold it back from feeling "complete".

Take the posts you showed me about the "post apocalypse" trope in gaming, and how BOTW offers a vibrant and refreshing take on this. I agree. To an extent.

This version of Hyrule, making its slow recovery from total devastation, is massive, sprawling and beautiful. Terrain is varied. Traversal is fun, relaxing, and oftentimes rewarding.

However, this sprawling expanse comes with a tradeoff; for long, long stretches you can wander without ever finding anything truly remarkable. Yes, the way you interact with the environment has an effect; but to what extent? To what extent is the player influencing the game environment? I blew open a hidden cave buried in rubble. I chopped down some trees for some firewood. I ignited a bomb barrel at an enemy camp by shooting down a flaming lantern.

When I'm not walking through large patches of flat grass, or climbing a mountain to see what might be at the top (50% of the time it's nothing, the other 50% is a Korok seed), what am I actually DOING? Attacking the 125th moblin camp? Finding a shrine?

My biggest hurdle in finding my way to the "GOAT" status that many people bestow upon this game is, what are some truly deep and intricate ways in which the game mechanics affect the world, and vice versa?

Enemy types are extremely limited; almost embarrassingly so (consider Horizon, as the inverse of this). Weather is dynamic and changes frequently, yes, but how much does it really affect the player apart from making climbing pretty much impossible when it rains, or avoiding lightning strikes that are attracted by metal weapons? Does weather force the player to seek shelter? Not really. Are there massive snow storms that cause visibility to be severely limited? Nope. Do the rain storms affect the waters when you're on the open ocean? Probably want to play ACIV for something like that.

This is just one area in which the game is dynamic...on a surface level. It's dynamic...until it isn't.

So the world tells its own little mysterious stories? Bits of the landscape have remnants of a devastated world. Okay. The post-apocalypse has never been more beautiful...or more bereft of detail.

The game world is not detailed (to say nothing of the actual in-game textures being used on the ruins). It's not lined by ruins that have meaningful visual details or hints of lore. They pretty much all look the same, varying only by size.

Last night I found the "Forgotten Temple". I was tracking a shrine which lead me to it. I actually landed on top of the temple. This was probably the most boring bit of walking I've ever done. I had to walk the length of the roof, all the way to the front of the temple where there's a drop off down to the entrance. Every. Single. Bit of that geometry was a prime example of "cut and paste".

What did I find once I was inside the "forgotten temple"? A bunch of Guardians shooting at me which I had to cut down. The shrine was a blessing shrine. And so I was rewarded for surviving the guardians. What else did I find in the temple? Nothing. It's massive. It's empty. There's a single chest containing yet another, rupee, opal, sapphire, amber, etc

The length of the canyon that leads to this temple (and it is one long-ass canyon) plays host to nothing but a few packs of wolves, 6 or so hidden Korok seeds...and that's it.

For nearly ten minutes l walked through this canyon, and when I finally got back to my original path all I could think of was "that's it?"

I had fun exploring, to be sure, but there's not a whole lot more here that makes it anymore dynamic or interactive than the next world, aside from the "go anywhere, anytime" angle.

Your exploration, however, is hindered by the stamina system. In concept, the stamina system lends itself to the survivalist urgency the gameplay boasts. It's great. But it's not doing anything remarkable. It's actually a shame they didn't try to do more with the food/stamina system.

Take MGS3, for example. The hunting and foraging in that game is how I would define "dynamic" or "nuanced". The implementation of this system in MGS3 deserves to be lauded, more so than any one thing BOTW is doing.

In MGS3, the stamina gauge is crucial to Snake's ability to function. Not only does he need to eat in order to keep the stamina gauge up (the very basic execution of the idea found in BOTW), but if his stamina gauge runs low, Snake's abilities take a hit. His stomach growls, and enemies who are close to him will be alerted to his presence. Aiming weapons becomes difficult because he gets "hunger shakes". Soon, his health gauge slowly begins to deplete. Wounds don't heal as fast if he's running on an empty stomach.

THIS is something that, back when Snake Eater was first released, had me feeling like the developers were thinking 2, 3, 4 layers deep.

I've not encountered anything even close to that in my 120 hours with BOTW.

The food and stamina system don't coalesce in any meaningful way.

I've got all of this food...why doesn't Link get hungry?! Lol

It would be sweet if Link had hunger tied to stamina, and so eating occasionally helps to maintain the necessity for food. I could see something really cool where, if you go hungry long enough, Link passes out from exhaustion and when he wakes up he's surrounded by moblins and has to fight (or try to flee) in a weakened state. That kind of shit would really make the food/cooking system meaningful.

This isn't to say that hunting and cooking aren't fun, because they totally fucking are. Very fun.

But to say that any of these mechanics come together in a deep and meaningful way that goes beyond surface-level implementations is hyperbolic. Or maybe I'm just blind.

The game is also held back by baffling technical inconsistencies. I consider the "approach the combat in a number of ways" to be a farce, since the abysmal draw distance doesn't allow me to use the Sheikah Scope to see enemies at their camp until I'm close enough to be spotted by them. This isn't MGS5, to be sure. I can't plan an approach or know the threat a camp is housing because I can't see the fucking moblins due to the draw distance.

I won't go into the button-mashing combat, countless fetch quests (shrine quests are awesome, though), the sparse population of the game world with travelers who pop in and out while only a few feet away as you trot along the road, the godawful disguised Yiga clan members who are fucking EVERYWHERE and get tiresome after your first two dozen (awesome the first few times, now it's just a fucking ridiculous chore)....I have a long list of gripes. The basic enemies are cheap and some of them can take down your hard-earned hearts (a row and a half of them) in just two hits...

In conclusion (lol), The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is still a fantastic game and is best when taken as a straight open-world exploration game, and nothing more. This is the definition of a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. It's still one of my ten best games of the generation, but falls somewhere in the bottom half of that list.

It's still pretty crazy to me that this will most likely sweep most of the GOTY awards.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Wow I like W3 as much as the next guy but in almost every aspect BOTW is better. The combat in W3 is awful and it's just a very janky game that took a lot of patches to be passable compare that to Zelda and the gameplay and polish blow it away.

The combat in Zelda is pretty damn awful as well. Especially since the movement etc almost requires a 150$ controller to even be remotely playable.
The story and characters in Zelda are so bland and unimaginative that it borders on non existent.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
As much as I like the setting, the characters, writing, the level of side quests etc. I still find BOTW to be the better video game, but it just boils down to one's preferences. They are vastly different kind of games, both being open world games is the only common ground.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Breath of the Wild, i prefer it's world, exploration and smooth gameplay.

While Witcher 3 sure is fantastic i ultimately play games for gameplay and fun, and Breath of the Wild was more fun to me to play.

I just love mechanics like the climb anything and the paraglider and those runes, you can do the most crazy things. While the dungeons were meh the shrines made up for those, those should be a series mainstay now with improved main dugeons next. Hopefully the story dlc's dungeon is more oldskool or like hyrule castle.

coffee_man

Oct 28, 2017
I really wanted to like the Witcher 3... but I hated it. Felt like I was fighting the controls at every step. Even if I were interested in video game stories, I don't think W3 had enough to force myself through the game.

I loved BotW. I even bought a second copy when I bought a Switch, to play it on the go (and play in Hard mode).

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Zelda has the best gameplay by far but no matter how good the gameplay is, I will get bored if that's all the game has to offer. Witcher 3 on the other end has frustrating gameplay and some daft design decisions but the world and the story are so good that I've spent over 200 hours in that game and I've now started a new game + to go back and experience all the side quests I've missed and make the decisions I didn't make the first time around.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
The Witcher 3 for me in the end will be the one I remember the most. Fantastic characters with a fantastic story tends to dig itself deeper into my noggin. The tale of Von Everich and his deal with the devil will be fondly remembered for me. The Bloody Baron and his harrowing story of loss, family abuse and more is a haunting one. This shit sticks with me hard. Ciri, Jennefer, Zoltan, Dandelion, these are all lovely characters that you wanna spend time and do spend time with, getting to know them.

Zelda, while a pretty good game, just wasn't as memorable. The story was boring. The characters were boring. The only group of characters that came close to being fleshed out were the Gerudos but every time you approach a new tribe it goes like this:
"Meet tribe, meet person, do person's quest, now you're best friend ever with person, do the tribe associated dungeon, NEVER TALK WITH THESE PEOPLE AGAIN K-BYE!"
It seriously bothers me that I can't understand why people liked these characters when they were barely characters. Like, what's Sidon? He miss his sister and does a pose. That's it. He's the "sister pose guy". That is a very poor character and this just repeats itself with many of the "characters" you meet throughout the game. The godawful voice acting doesn't help anyone here either. Also fuck Calamity Ganon, the worst and most boring Ganon ever.

So while the gameplay of The Witcher 3 may not have been as open ended or polished as Zelda (and there were quite a few problems there as well for me), I will have my adventures of The Witcher 3 memorized due to how memorable CD Projekt's writing team made them.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Both games are amazing and completely different outside their open world nature. They're going for different things, I don't see why one has to be better than the other. Just enjoy things, man.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted to like the Witcher 3... but I hated it. Felt like I was fighting the controls at every step. Even if I were interested in video game stories, I don't think W3 had enough to force myself through the game.

I loved BotW. I even bought a second copy when I bought a Switch, to play it on the go (and play in Hard mode).
Change control setup in the menu to alternative and if you are on PC, get Immersive Cam and Motion mod. Controls are perfect with that:
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/689/?

Enzo88

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
My two favorite games of the last 10 years. They clearly have different aims, but if forced, i would go with Zelda. The way you can mess with that world It's just absurd, world's interaction to me is more important than story i guess.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what bothered me about witcher 3 is that it somehow managed to have more handholding than any nintendo game i remember ever having played, and that is just baffling. it's not just that pretty much every quest boils down to following that smoke trail, but every "puzzle" or whatever was absolute nothing (walk to a spot and press a button and geralt does everything automatically), or geralt even flat out starts musing what you're supposed to be doing before you've even had time to do anything ("maybe i can use this crossbow to shoot the panels", thanks a bunch you fuck).

still a very good game, and its writing did make the side quests superior to those of breath of the wild, but overall zelda was a more pleasing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.