• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, this is strait up broken and makes the game, for me, unplayable cause the lighting issues are so big you can't unsee them.

Hope Dark1x heard about this and is looking into it.

Good good. Respawn got on it quick when DF had a video about the odd resolution issues and all that. Devs seem to listen to DF critique. :)

I was gonna say that if you have a hard copy you can always try uninstalling and reinstalling and play offline without updates. But I forgot that save games won't work then, plus you're stuck with the bad framerate stuttering.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Haven't experienced this yet in my new playthrough, though I am early on. I'm playing in performance mode if that makes a difference. Hopefully this gets enough attention and a patch is issued.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Weird, I have GotY edition and it seems fine:
8-18-2018_11-36-20_amkhexs.png

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Damn it. I've been flirting with going from the S to the X (if you know what I mean), and replaying through this was one of the reasons. I hope it gets fixed but it's been 5 months already so it doesn't sound good. Weird for such a major bug to be left to lie. CDPR always seemed better than that; GOG even lets owners control what version they use for in dev games, so they understand updates aren't always a good thing.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
It took them god knows how long to fix the original performance issues on the PS4. And then ages again after they broke the LOD in the Pro patch.

This will probably get fixed at some point, but given CDPR's history with W3, expect it to take two patches, not just one. The first one will claim to fix it, won't fix it, and will either make it worse or break something else too. Then the next patch will actually fix it.

It doesn't help that they're all probably busting their asses on Cyberpunk.

I think it's really important that the final version of W3 on every platform is the best one. It's a seminal game and deserves to be enjoyed by new players for many years to come.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely immersion breaking. I haven't really touched the game on my Pro because my pc version destroys it. I wonder if the Pro has worse issues than the X.

Oct 26, 2017
When did this issue start occurring? Was it the HDR update? I remember that when X finally got the patch all was fine. Guess there was yet another patch after it?

HockeyGuy412

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Odd that not everyone has these issues. Undoubtedly makes it more hard for the devs to fix it too I would guess.

Which digitally purchased games you can't on Xbox. If you have a hard copy you can play offline and then ignore any updates.
I think it effects everyone they just havent noticed it yet since they only show up in certain areas mainly indoors next to windows and doors

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
212aHkXl.jpg

From the witcher forums top is a ps4 pro bottom xbox one x

Yeah yeah, this is totally not game breaking.

/s

When did this issue start occurring? Was it the HDR update? I remember that when X finally got the patch all was fine. Guess there was yet another patch after it?

It's in the OT, it seems that the game got a little patch in March where not even the developer knows where it came from, that broke it, before everything was fine. The actual X patch came in December.

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah yeah, this is totally not game breaking.

/s

It's in the OT, it seems that the game got a little patch in March where not even the developer knows where it came from, that broke it, before everything was fine. The actual X patch came in December.
That should warrant a refund

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
212aHkXl.jpg

From the witcher forums top is a ps4 pro bottom xbox one x

Very good to know... I was actually so annoyed by the PS4 Pro glitches and patches that I already considered buying an Xbox One X to play the game at its best on console. I'm lucky I stumbled upon this thread.
If the handling of the PS4 Pro patches are anything to go by then I fear this won't be fixed short or medium term. :/

Weird, I have GotY edition and it seems fine:
8-18-2018_11-36-20_amkhexs.png

I'm afraid all texts glitched out though. O:

OP
OP
Fortinbras

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Four months after the X update there was another, much smaller patch which broke the game. This second patch is the mysterious ghost patch because according to the CD Projekt community guy not even the developers seem to know where it came from and what it included.

There's speculation that the patch could have been an Xbox Marketplace Error. Whatever that means...

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Four months after the X update there was another, much smaller patch which broke the game. This second patch is the mysterious ghost patch because according to the CD Projekt community guy not even the developers seem to know where it came from and what it included.

There's speculation n that the patch could have been an Xbox Marketplace Error. Whatever that means...

Probably going to sound like a conspiracy theorist but that almost sounds like some sort of sabotage of the X version by somebody who secretly pressed a button somewhere.

OP
OP
Fortinbras

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
They should be able to revert back to the previous version. The version number didn't change from X patch to ghost patch. Both are 1.60.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
They should be able to revert back to the previous version. The version number didn't change from X patch to ghost patch. Both are 1.60.

This whole thing is so odd, so the community manager knows about it, probably CD themselves too and they are also saying that they don't know who did this update and then they are shrugging it off and neither return it nor fix this stuff? How weird.

Last edited:

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
They screwed up the ps4 version earlier this year with that hdr patch too (hdr so mediocre they shouldnt have bothered, really!)

And it took them forever to fix. I think they musta hired folks from bethesda to do the testing or something.

CDPR is weird sometimes. Love em tho.

Ichi Fox

Aug 18, 2018
I've loaded up the game a few times since and the circles look to be getting worse. I've noticed them covering the exteriors of buildings to varying shades and the 'black holes' appear to be popping up everywhere. I'll take a few more pics tomorrow and get them posted.

HockeyGuy412

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I've loaded up the game a few times since and the circles look to be getting worse. I've noticed them covering the exteriors of buildings to varying shades and the 'black holes' appear to be popping up everywhere. I'll take a few more pics tomorrow and get them posted.
Also post them of the official forums and send them in a bug report with model and manufacturing date of your xbox to cd red

Oct 26, 2017

There's speculation that the patch could have been an Xbox Marketplace Error. Whatever that means...

Well that's incredibly messed up. So CDPR has kinda given up on even trying to fix it? It's their game, I'm sure they can get a fix for this.

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is weird.

Honestly it seems the developer doesn't care much about the people who bought the game.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
I don't *think* I'm getting this visual issue, on latest patch digital original version.

BUT it seems I am locked into performance mode. Even though ui says I am in "4k mode" frame rate is way > 30 fps and it is clearly 1080p (or less). Changing the display mode does nothing. What the hell?

They should just revert it back, wasn't going to replay anytime soon but what the fuck leave it alone.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

Marketplace only handles 360 games though. Impossible for it to be responsible for W3

CDPR goofed up and don't want to assume it for obvious reasons. Easier to say Casper the unfriendly ghost sent a spoopy patch while no one was watching and now they're too scared to enter the room and press ctrl + z

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I just loaded it up on my Xbox One S and it was fine. Only in the tutorial area though so can't say for sure it won't show up. Mine is a digital copy. Hope you get it sorted out. Odd if it's somehow an X only issue.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Mystery ghost patch ruining performance? That's one of the more bizarre things I've heard...

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 on console has always been in a endless cycle of CDPR breaking shit every time they try and fix something.

Its never been quite where it needs to be. Every time they go in they break something.

Ohhhht

Oct 29, 2017
BF1 (One X) also has some crazy lighting issues on Amiens at the E flag post the latest patch.

On top of that, its almost impossible to get into a game on the Oceanic servers since the last patch without disconnects, crashes to the desktop.

Needless to say, I hate patches.

Boss

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is unacceptable, such a great game and the atmosphere is a large part of it. Some of the pictures and glitches posted are just gamebreaking and the fact that a "ghost" patch did this means it absolutely has to be investigated. CDPR can't turn their backs and ignore despite them being in heavy development on Cyberpunk.