• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digital Foundry: How long did this take to develop?

Piotr Chrzanowski:
Over a year now. Well it depends on whether you want to add the business stuff, but then I would say it's around 12 months at this point.

SOURCE

The full interview is great, and has a lot of details about the kinds of challenges the team faced getting this to happen (RAM was, predictably, an issue, and getting Novigrad to run on Switch was a bit of a pain), so make sure to read the full thing.

But one year for the port is mad impressive. Some technical wizardry at work here.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
How it all fits on a 32 GB card amazes me a bit. I was a little concerned about the audio, too, knowing other Switch ports but it seems they've addressed those concerns.

One year is pretty quick to make it all work. I hope it runs well enough.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
If resolution and sound compression are the only trade-offs they've had to make, then this is going to be a seriously impressive port. Saber Interactive doing some solid work here.

KingE

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Good stuff. I find it annoying how people expect a port to switch right away. People just don't understand how hard porting or actually making games take. I can only imagine how much harder it's going to be next gen and going backwards to port for switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff. I find it annoying how people expect a port to switch right away. People just don't understand how hard porting or actually making games take. I can only imagine how much harder it's going to be next gen and going backwards to port for switch.
Tell Capcom to port 5 year old resident evil games faster then if the Witcher 3 can be done in a year.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tell Capcom to port 5 year old resident evil games faster then if the Witcher 3 can be done in a year.
And also to price them better...

How it all fits on a 32 GB card amazes me a bit. I was a little concerned about the audio, too, knowing other Switch ports but it seems they've addressed those concerns.

One year is pretty quick to make it all work. I hope it runs well enough.
Actually it seems like audio was one of the areas where they compressed the most. I can only hope the quality won't be too affected.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not only taking on a project most would dismiss as impossible but in a relatively short timeframe.

Absolutely putting other publishers to shame.