• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
General thread I guess.

Taken from Producer Lauren S. Hissrich's twitter.

dskjtw9vqaainulfsus3.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's a faithful adaptation, I know they can't do everything since some parts of the book series are proper out there. But for the most part it should translate well enough into a TV series.
I love the books and the games, if this is great then that's more great Witcher media for me, ha.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what they will base it on? I assume all the visual inspiration will come from the game. Can't wait to see who they cast.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
HBO should have gotten this, they really fucked up. I just don't have faith in Netflix pulling this off anywhere near as well as HBO would have. :(

also pls this

3004273-mads.jpg

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I just wish they don't fuck it up. I've read all the books and played all the games so The Witcher means a lot to me. Glad that Andrzej Sapkowski is involved in this.

Oct 25, 2017
That fella who played Charles Vane in Black Sails could try out as Geralt. Though I'm sure there are other suggestions.
It's just the one I hear about the most.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
So Lauren S. Hissrich was reported by Variety as having worked on The Defenders and Daredevil. Her twitter shows a picture of The Witcher novels. So she's got experience on the production side of Netflix series and appears to at least be researching the source material. She's going to be the Showrunner as well.

I'd say there's a decent shot it'll be good.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
HBO should have gotten this, they really fucked up. I just don't have faith in Netflix pulling this off anywhere near as well as HBO would have. :(
HBO already has Game of Thrones. I guess they could have bought the rights prematurely, so they could shift the production to The Witcher once GoT is done, but that would mean putting a lot of trust into an new IP that hasn't yet proven itself (in the TV space anyway).

OP
OP
EatChildren

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to get my hopes up, similar to Amazon's Lord of the Rings. Equivalent to Peter Jackson's work, my brain has so deeply associated CDPR's vision in character look, performances, and overall vibe with the series that I'm going to struggle to settle in on another adaptation unless they get it perfectly "right".

I'm also worried it'll be written for the modern early-20s e-culture audience, adapted for quick fix twitter fluffs, gifs, etc and other junk that utterly plagues modern cinematic writing. I don't want it neutered in content and themes, and it needs to appreciate the slow, brooding burn of the setting and story.

Icekilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to get my hopes up, similar to Amazon's Lord of the Rings. Equivalent to Peter Jackson's work, my brain has so deeply associated CDPR's vision in character look, performances, and overall vibe with the series that I'm going to struggle to settle in on another adaptation unless they get it perfectly "right".

I'm also worried it'll be written for the modern early-20s e-culture audience, adapted for quick fix twitter fluffs, gifs, etc and other junk that utterly plagues modern cinematic writing. I don't want it neutered in content and themes, and it needs to appreciate the slow, brooding burn of the setting and story.

Whats your favorite game of the Witcher series mr former mod? Witcher 1 was the best one for me.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super excited for this and curious about the casting.
I watched Hell on Wheels this summer, I thought the actor (or at least how he looked in HoW) kinda looked like Geralt?
how2-key-art-nologo-560.jpg
untitled-2xcrql.png

Also as someone already suggested, Denmark's National Treasure is also really good choice!

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping the choreography is top tier. Sell us that these are mutated killers and are fast af.

Also hoping the aesthetic is similar to this video.

Oct 27, 2017

I've said from the beginning that if Amazon wanted its own Game of Thrones, then The Witcher is the IP they should have gone after, not LOTR. Not only would the rights have been A LOT cheaper, but The Witcher fits much better with GoT in terms of themes and tones, not to mention it lends itself more readily to the long-form format of television.

Mr_Black

Banned for having an alt account
Oct 27, 2017
Don't like the witcher him and that fochen dwarf from dragon age 2 are the biggest edge lords ever.

Will give it a try though.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
That Logo sure looks like it's inspired by the Vikings Logo at least that's what instantly came to my mind.

0d0b7700789a78c0d2f25e674bbaf395.jpg

Watercolour

Oct 27, 2017
As a fan that read the books and played the games, I feel that the Witcher deserves an HBO style production due to the themes covered in its universe.

Not quite sure what to think on Netflix quality currently.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
The only thing I care about is whose playing Yennefer? A young Famke Jennsen would have been perfect

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forget but this is based entirely on the books right? If so that's too bad as there are some incredible antagonists in the games like the swolest Witcher ever in Letho:

letho_render_by_scratcherpen-d7eny76.jpg

or the best antagonist in the series in Gaunter O'Dimm

Status
Not open for further replies.