• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is even more nakedly a pre-order campaign than most Kickstarters.

And I'm all for it. Bring me one of Platinum's best games, thanks.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
backed, should be able to hit the 50k easily. would love it on PC but as long as it comes to something im happy

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
50k$ for Switch port? Is that expensive or really cheap in terms of porting?
It sounds unbelievably cheap. All of these tiers are cheap. They're basically just locking in pre-orders at this price for all intents and purposes -- there's very little likelihood that you could actually port the game for that cheap. Even in Japan with lower salaries, that would surely be at the very least 1 person's salary for a year and you'd think it would require more folks than that.

Nice that they're only charging $35-40 for it.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Two months is crazy. However because I'm a fucking idiot I'm going to open my wallet

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
$50K seems like a pretty small amount for a port. Sounds like they already have done it they just couldn't get a publisher lol.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
seems like they bought the ip fro nintendo since they are not cited anywhere in the entire page (well except when referring to the consoles)

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I hope for the best but I think it will reach Steam but not PS4. I hope I can eat crow.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
EB275279-9975-45-FD-B757-EF38-B8-EE9-C8-F.jpg

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
50k is literally "we already ported the game we just want some money back before it goes on sale".

Which is fine considering I doubt it would ever recoup the costs on sales alone.
Yeah, this campaign is weird. Release in April (what, after you started in March?), $50k for a Switch port. I get a feeling the game is already ported tbh.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Damn thats pretty shitty from them to make "getting blocked by Kamiya" a reward.

People got that for free up to this point and now have to pay.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Backing that physical Switch version stat.

If it reaches Steam, I'm soooo getting it on that too.

Feb 5, 2018
50k is literally "we already ported the game we just want some money back before it goes on sale".

Which is fine considering I doubt it would ever recoup the costs on sales alone.

Also, licensing and publishing. Nintendo likely doesnt charge much to put stuff on their console, which is why it's Indie heaven

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, that's reasonable amount they can probably make.

Didn't see the stretch goals; not coming to anything but Switch, huh?

Oct 25, 2017
Well... I was wrong.

So what's the ownership status?
It's being published by Nighthawk Interactive. Which tells me Nintendo did something crazy and licensed it out.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
PC more attainable than PS4, is a pleasant surprise seeing as it didn't even seem it was in the cards from the original reports

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Looks like the Switch version is 99.9% likely since they're already a fifth of the way there.

PS4 might be tough.