• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they're going to tempt fate and overextend. Even Platinum thinks this is a one-time thing. The only reason it seemingly worked out so well for TW101 is because the game sold awfully in the first place and this likely created an avenue for them to increase the brand value. Astral Chain on the other hand is now a million seller, so its more valuable, while Bayonetta is stuck between two publishers and is arguably the most valuable property they've created in terms of mindshare.
That makes it unlikely, sure, but it isn't impossible.

Oct 27, 2017
I should bring out the Wii U and finish this game.

I'm super happy that Platinum has made their goal. I'm super happy that the game gets to be played by more people. I just don't see myself buying it again to play it on a system with one screen.

I might still end up buying it...

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
It's already funny going back to the first page and seeing people laugh at the stretch goal numbers.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I admit, it's not the same, but it's silly to draw conclusions from this Kickstarter.
I'm not drawing anything, it probably won't happen but something like this where nintendo and platinum share the ip and are releasing it on ps4 and possibly xbox along with switch, it tells me a bayonetta 2 situation on more platforms is not impossible even if yesterday i would have assumed wonderful 101 would only be switch exclusive.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
PS4 players better enjoy the game now.
You don't have the touch controls on this version so no way to get confused too :p
IX0WNJU.png

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see this KS was apparently very successful - hopefully this game finds an audience this time!

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am disgusted to see them trying to put first party Nintendo characters on other platforms. This should be Switch exclusive. It feels so wrong to me. I would only give money if I knew it was going to stay below these "stretch goals" things.

I will make a petition I assume you will be my very first signature ?!

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
The Nintendo who let this happen and they have thanked? They could have sat on the franchise and never let it see the light of day. The devs wanted to give the chance to let the game have a second chance, Nintendo let them since it cost them nothing, and if it succeeds they have a far more valuable ip as a result that they could get an exclusive sequel for
That post is even worse considering that Nintendo offered to fund and market it if it was an exclusive, yet they still let them the chance to releasing it to other platforms when Platinum asked

Jan 2, 2018
I'm not drawing anything, it probably won't happen but something like this where nintendo and platinum share the ip and are releasing it on ps4 and possibly xbox along with switch, it tells me a bayonetta 2 situation on more platforms is not impossible even if yesterday i would have assumed wonderful 101 would only be switch exclusive.

Nintendo isn't releasing W101 on PS4, Platinum is. Nintendo is allowing Platinum, as a sign of good will, to do what they want with this one game. I don't think there is more to it.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lmao remember when people thought the PS4 version might not get funded all the way back.... two hours ago?

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
New stretch goals up. Sadly not an Xbox version so probably gonna pass on the Kickstarter.