• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I'm trying to back it but it keeps rejecting my Spanish debit card for an "unknown reason". I have enough money and I've triple checked that everything is correct. Any ideas?

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe 5 years ago i would have purchased this instantly. My drive to try this game has all but extinguished despite my fondness of Platninum titles. Congrats to those who are still interested.

Stretch Goals Update #2
OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
6228a42c88b665c68ca25c8b2fb4deb6_original.png

Stretch goals updated!

Ecco45

Mar 19, 2018
Oh snap, Kamiya will unblock everyone if we reach Mission 12 on the social media challenge.

ddpqe1j-13830a2a-0fe0-45da-b54f-42d468856a09.png

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Kamiya will unblock everyone just to give them the joy of being blocked a second time

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the special guest for the soundtrack is Jamie Christopherson and we're about to get some new Revengeance-tier vocal tracks...

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Reaching a Kickstarter challenge milestone to be unblocked by Kamiya, only to be blocked due to reward tier...

...this...is true nirvana.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
Have they said any particular reason why they are skipping xbox when its a kickstarter and could quite easily be a funded goal just like the other platforms?

Edit: just seen that someone mentioned it is a stretch goal just haven't said how much for it yet? kinda annoying as i only really want to back if there's an xbox version.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Are they? I was assuming that since they're asking for 500k for the PS4 version it's not even started yet.

If they want to release the game on Switch PS4 and Steam in April you can be sure they are already >90% done with the ports, they were not going to wait for the end of the campaign in early March to port/develop and publish a game in just a few weeks.

This KS campaign is mostly for preorders/marketing purpose, like 50k doesn't cover how much it cost them to port the game on Switch, nor does 200k cover a PC port or 250k a PS4 port.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Special guest will obviously be Grant Kirkhope, because he's been the special guest so many times now. ;D

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
It's honestly surprising to see the support this kickstarter is getting. Congrats to Platinum I suppose.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Did my part. W101 is one of my favorite games ever and I've been begging for a switch port and Wonder -Red in smash since forever.

w101_pledge.png

Might get the steam version later on too. Hopefully that art book has a decent size and page amount.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
If they want to release the game on Switch PS4 and Steam in April you can be sure they are already >90% done with the ports, they were not going to wait for the end of the campaign in early March to port/develop and publish a game in just a few weeks.

This KS campaign is mostly for preorders/marketing purpose, like 50k doesn't cover how much it cost them to port the game on Switch, nor does 200k cover a PC port or 250k a PS4 port.
Then I'm just wondering why they need 500k for a PS4 version if the majority of the work is done. Surely it can't be that expensive to just publish it on PS4 when it seems they only need 50k for Switch?

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Then I'm just wondering why they need 500k for a PS4 version if the majority of the work is done. Surely it can't be that expensive to just publish it on PS4 when it seems they only need 50k for Switch?
Maybe it's because they have to buy the IP? Realistically though it probably just has to do with production costs and the 50k for just switch probably had Nintendo involved still.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Stretch goals don't work that way.

Each tier is not its own thing allocated at piecemeal.

Stretch goals are an incentive to get more pledges for the overall project. Also the price listed isn't an indicator how much that one thing costs.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Stretch goals don't work that way.

Each tier is not its own thing allocated at piecemeal.

Stretch goals are an incentive to get more pledges for the overall project. Also the price listed isn't an indicator how much that one thing costs.
So then let's say for arguments sake if the kickstarter made enough for the Switch port goal but failed the PS4 stretch goal, a PS4 game is released anyways?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Have they said any particular reason why they are skipping xbox when its a kickstarter and could quite easily be a funded goal just like the other platforms?

Edit: just seen that someone mentioned it is a stretch goal just haven't said how much for it yet? kinda annoying as i only really want to back if there's an xbox version.
They deem Switch, PC and PS4 as "safe" platforms, so I guess Xbox (if it's happening) will be at high stretch goal to offset being "unsafe".

C32558-B5-0082-4-D2-E-A708-BF190-D5-E9-DF8.jpg

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I guess I choose which physical version I want later? I pledged for it but didn't get the option to choose the Switch version?

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
I backed this, even though I remember buying and playing the Wii U release and not liking it very much. Hopefully my understanding of how the game plays is better here. Loved every other game Platinum has made, so hope my second try feels better.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
So there's a tangible benefit to at least SOME of the social media thing goals. At least for the higher tier backers.

Was hoping the last mission was an additional bonus character or something, hopefully that's not off the table (but it shouldn't be a stretch goal unless it's a new weapon type). Masked Lumen as a chewgi clone would have been cool.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Did my part. W101 is one of my favorite games ever and I've been begging for a switch port and Wonder -Red in smash since forever.

w101_pledge.png

Might get the steam version later on too. Hopefully that art book has a decent size and page amount.
yooo dude. how are you?
Nice to see you're a backer too :D

Wonder Red for Smash!

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Stretch goals are somewhat arbitrarily set and not directly related to the cost of the goal itself.

The project met it's initial pledge so the baseline production cost of the game is already considered but they will use any extra cash flow over and above this for other things. I have a much more elaborate post on this in the R-Type Final II kickstarter thread.

As I say in the linked post, stretch goals have always been a dangling carrot in the regard of getting something more if the dev has more money to potentially offer more. It's not always a guarantee.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
How is it unsafe if you are literally getting people to fund it? Still salty about Scalebound it seems...

How much do niche colorful Japanese games sell on Microsoft consoles vs. Sony? Actually serious question here. Even after they get funding to produce copies it'd be nice for them to sell them on store shelves.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
How much do niche colorful Japanese games sell on Microsoft consoles vs. Sony? Actually serious question here. Even after they get funding to produce copies it'd be nice for them to sell them on store shelves.

its really hard to know as literally no one bothers to release any Japanese games on xbox.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn I didn't think about that
(amazing) meme music trascending into its true self, just imagine.
If I was Kamiya and listened to this, I would totally try to go for it. Change the lyrics in the 10% skill, etc... part (that is the most hype) so it actually adds to 101% and to make sense with the game and it would be the best thing ever.