• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna do everything within my power to get this. Somehow. Someway. My quest for this garage kit will last far longer than today.
LOOK AT HIS TINY LITTLE BUTT!

If they ever release these things anywhere else I'm going to have to get one and display it exclusively facing away. CHEEKS: UNITE UP!
This is why they should have been amiibos hahaha
I also really want it but im not gonna pay the probably exhorbitant price if this actually releases in their website.

Also the quality of the figure in the photo doesnt seem that far off of amiibos, painting in this one was probably done fast on a 3d printed model but the quality is quite botched and something that the amiibos actually do very good is the painting of materials like metal.
They really should have asked Nintendo for permission for this, just like shovel knight and solaire.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Steam version being kick-started is all I need to see 😌.

I'll pick it up on the official release since I burned on kickstater in the past (Might No. 9 was not the move unfortunately).

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017

I'll pick it up on the official release since I burned on kickstater in the past (Might No. 9 was not the move unfortunately).

You will not get the free DLC if you do that. Besides, if the target release is April, the game is probably done 95% by now. This is not really a MN9 situation where they are making a game from scratch.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
just ANY AA + 1080p/60fps will be amazing

imagine this game not breaking down to 28 FPS any time shit goes crazy on screen

Considering Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Switch didn't manage a completely locked 60 FPS on Switch despite mantaining the 720p resolution, and considering that this game will run at 1080p on Switch, AND considering that the framerate of the game on Wii U is even worse that Bayonetta's, I don't trust this game one bit to actually run at 1080p on Switch. PC was an easy choice for this game IMO.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Switch didn't manage a completely locked 60 FPS on Switch despite mantaining the 720p resolution, and considering that this game will run at 1080p on Switch, AND considering that the framerate of the game on Wii U is even worse that Bayonetta's, I don't trust this game one bit to actually run at 1080p on Switch. PC was an easy choice for this game IMO.

It has me wondering like, was Bayonetta's strain on the GPU the problem or something, and W101 is less demanding there? Or was the Wii U's CPU just that pants for a game like W101? Or is it going to aim for 1080p but drop juuuuuust as badly as the Wii U version did, rather than see any proper performance improvement? Definitely gonna need the DF analysis on it

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Perhaps Bayonetta 2 and 1 could have been further optimized, but Bayonetta and w101 are two completely different games. IIRC, Bayonetta 1 and 2 are bandwidth starved and have a lot of alpha effects that prevent it fr going 1080p

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Platinum games on consoles are never a locked 60fps. Even with XBO BC Bayo 1 still had rare drops here and there.

If you want a locked 60fps then PC is the probably the only safe option.

Oct 25, 2017
This has really slowed down
Campaigns will slow down quickly after the first 3 days and then pick up again towards the final 3 days (usually). Though now old data and Kickstarter trends have changed (generally for the worse when it comes to money wise), here are charts I made back in 2016 showing the breakdown of when funding came in for other big kickstarter campaigns.
GL7hrzv.png

How strong the legs are, tend to very much correlate with the stretch goals coming up and having an active campaign that interacts with the users.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum games on consoles are never a locked 60fps. Even with XBO BC Bayo 1 still had rare drops here and there.

If you want a locked 60fps then PC is the probably the only safe option.
Locked 60 on PC isn't always a guarantee (like Neir Automata and its inconsistent frametimes), although if Vanquish is any indication, they can just leave the framerate unlocked and use driver-level VSync (Enhanced Sync and whatnot), or maybe properly control frametimes to prevent spiking.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Since I can only seem to see the current amout the Kickstarter has amassed in my own currency. :S
How far are we from getting 1.5 mil?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Since I can only seem to see the current amout the Kickstarter has amassed in my own currency. :S
How far are we from getting 1.5 mil?
It's dumb they put the targets in USD. They should've used Yen so no matter where someone was they'd be able to see the targets by hovering over the converter from their own currency to Yen.

Last edited:

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Campaigns will slow down quickly after the first 3 days and then pick up again towards the final 3 days (usually). Though now old data and Kickstarter trends have changed (generally for the worse when it comes to money wise), here are charts I made back in 2016 showing the breakdown of when funding came in for other big kickstarter campaigns.
GL7hrzv.png

How strong the legs are, tend to very much correlate with the stretch goals coming up and having an active campaign that interacts with the users.
I loooove those charts!!! Thank you for doing this

Jun 22, 2019
My only worry is going for the Switch version but the PS4 version running with far more stable frame rate, thus making me regret going the Switch route for the full option of controls.
It's a pretty small worry though. I also feel like if Platinum really botches anything, they'd fix it in post.

I'm waiting until later to pledge to see if they reveal the custom box art (seems unlikely if they haven't done so at the start). If I really like it I'll go physical, otherwise I'll go digital. Preferably I'd love to see the tiny art that'll end up on the cartridge itself.

Also, as soon as that 1.5mill is reached, they better announce at least 2 extra stretch goals to motivate people rather than just 1.

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Never kickstarted anything before but backing this on PC/Steam :) just to support the platform, dev, and a good price for digital.

Couldn't stand the demo on the U and wasn't crazy about the game but look forward to the remaster with full PC support.

Backed!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
GL7hrzv.png

I'd like to see one for Shadowrun Returns. That got funded in like a day, and it was my first Kickstarter.

They had a HUGE push in the end, though, to hit the 5th class stretch goal (Adapts). So glad they did, since that was the class I ended up rolling for the entire trilogy.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I'd like to see one for Shadowrun Returns. That got funded in like a day, and it was my first Kickstarter.

They had a HUGE push in the end, though, to hit the 5th class stretch goal (Adapts). So glad they did, since that was the class I ended up rolling for the entire trilogy.

You can check most Kickstarter metrics at Kicktraq.

Typically most Kickstarters are front loaded and have a lull in the middle and then picks up right near the end of the campaign, of course there are outliers occasionally. Shadowrun Returns seems to be one of the outliers of a crowdfunding campaign that was strong upfront and just gradually petered out with no big rush towards the end.

www.kicktraq.com

Shadowrun Returns

Shadowrun Returns brings back one of our most original & cherished game settings as a 2D turn-based RPG for tablets & PC.