• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
There were cheaper tier options for them, but they were limited and sold out. The sold out tiers are listed below the still active tiers.

Yeah, the Toy set was included in the $326 tier before, but now with the new tiers, they're at $993. That's fucking ridiculous. 3x the amount. Feels like a complete ripoff for a few small toys.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Hmm I think it would have been better if they had announced the retail versions later and also to be on sale later on in the year.

I have backed this, ok an exclusive cover, but it does seem that they had this already to go anyway and it didn't need a kickstarter.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm kind of surprised they can release the game to backers first. I remember wondering why Bloodstained couldn't at least ship early so people could get their kickstarted game before (or at least at) the public release and not after, and the reasoning was that the B&M stores wanted everyone to stick to the same release date.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of surprised they can release the game to backers first. I remember wondering why Bloodstained couldn't at least ship early so people could get their kickstarted game before (or at least at) the public release and not after, and the reasoning was that the B&M stores wanted everyone to stick to the same release date.
They had a deal with a publisher, whereas Wonderful is self-published by Platinum.

Technically speaking, Bloodstained did ship to backers earlier, but that was about a week to 10 days earlier.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's not that absurd when you consider they will almost certainly never make more of these and so the price will only go up.

Yeah but most KS use add-ons to piece meal extra items you might want, but not pay the higher tiers to get. This one has still not announced any sort of thing.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Lol what does this even mean? I highly doubt they're going to give stores nearly the amount of copies Nintendo did, assuming it even gets a wide physical release.
I mean this game will almost certainly be featured for deep discounts in the regular sales periods a few months from launch. Nothing about this game in particular, it's just the way this market works with the exception of Nintendo evergreens.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I mean this game will almost certainly be featured for deep discounts in the regular sales periods a few months from launch. Nothing about this game in particular, it's just the way this market works with the exception of Nintendo evergreens.

I'd still say that it's not always the best to assume on non AAA titles. It's possible, but there's tons of niche games that disappear in stock before they even get deep sales. Will this actually be printed as hefty? Maybe a smaller print? Who knows. Might be more niche via retail, than the KS performance suggests.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd still say that it's not always the best to assume on non AAA titles. It's possible, but there's tons of niche games that disappear in stock before they even get deep sales. Will this actually be printed as hefty? Maybe a smaller print? Who knows. Might be more niche via retail, than the KS performance suggests.
I dunno, it still stung to see Bloodstained and Indivisible hit half price by the holiday same year when the Switch version I backed either didn't exist yet or was a trash fire.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno, it still stung to see Bloodstained and Indivisible hit half price by the holiday same year when the Switch version I backed either didn't exist yet or was a trash fire.

Different games, different publishers. Same with Shenmue 3. It just depends in the end what you would prefer; cheaper price, or making sure you get a physical copy at retail.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this is up for general pre-order at a cheaper price and is slated to be released a month later than the Kickstarter feels bad, like Platinum tried to unfairly take advantage of their fan community. The KS isn't even over yet!

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this is up for general pre-order at a cheaper price and is slated to be released a month later than the Kickstarter feels bad, like Platinum tried to unfairly take advantage of their fan community. The KS isn't even over yet!

The PS4 and PC ports literally would not happen if they didn't clear those tiers

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK

I agree, I only did the kickstarter a few days ago, it certainly shouldn't be cheaper.

The PS4 and PC ports literally would not happen if they didn't clear those tiers

I don't know, it seems ready to go for PS4 and PC, why didn't they just do a kickstarter for those formats.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
We don't really have confirmation of if it is or not, but Platinum's own announcement says the May release date is the "general release date", implying the release date for backers may be different:

The resolution is absolute trash, but you can already see in the credits at the end the name of Nintendo in the second line after Platinum in the first one.
Who is ready to see the big ass logo of Nintendo in the intro of the PS4 version lol

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

This. The Switch copy was always going to happen, but the ports were goals they did not yet get to. People can still cancel their pledge and get one at retail, if they choose. This does have an exclusive backer cover, so depends what you want.

(In almost all KS I've done, the game costs more via KS than the later retail release). You pay for it to get made, thus the additional "taxes" on it, really.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Then sell it as a project to fund PC and PS4 ports. Don't sell it as "we can't do this at all without Kickstarter because we're a small indie studio and we just hope to even put out the Switch version, but we'd like to come to more platforms if this does well".

Messaging and timing are important. At least with general preorders being available already, people can cancel their pledges easily.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I mean digital. No clue how physical stock/price dynamics work out.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
$36 digital and $40 physical for kickstarter... and KS isn't taxed.

Its not cheaper.

Oct 31, 2017

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
How do I change my tier? I want to go with Physical + Digital Soundtrack, that wasn't available when I first backed.

Also is the Kickstarter release pushed back to May too? It was supposed to release in April

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping they'd remove that weird plastic-y look the characters have in the game in favor of how they look in the cover. Disappointing. Did they even mention what they are actually changing in regards to the gameplay in this version?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Also, we finally passed the one stretchgoal I actually gave a fuck about so far with the remixed soundtrack. No interest in Luka's second mission so I hope they show something juicy with the next goal

Oct 31, 2017
Was hoping they'd remove that weird plastic-y look the characters have in the game in favor of how they look in the cover. Disappointing. Did they even mention what they are actually changing in regards to the gameplay in this version?

Kamiya talked about improving some things like the UI and other stuff but I don't think they'll change the gameplay.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The resolution is absolute trash, but you can already see in the credits at the end the name of Nintendo in the second line after Platinum in the first one.
Who is ready to see the big ass logo of Nintendo in the intro of the PS4 version lol
That's because they used the Nintendo Switch logo in the trailer. Sony and Valve are also credited there because of the PS4 and Steam logos being used. The only company actually credited for the game is PlatinumGames.
DjJfgTx.png

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
That's because they used the Nintendo Switch logo in the trailer. Sony and Valve are also credited there because of the PS4 and Steam logos being used. The only company actually credited for the game is PlatinumGames.
DjJfgTx.png
Mm, thought the trademark logos were all in the same line at the end seeing the nintendo one being small. My bad.
So IP completely sold then?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Iirc Platinum co-owns the IP. I don't know how things work out there but at the very least, Nintendo's alright with Platinum self-publishing it.
Yeah thats what I thought, but then things like a cowoning should have a credit in a trailer like that. Its strange the way they have been in interviews sayin, oh yeah Nintendo were amazing, they let us do this, and then the question about the owning is "we cant really talk about that"