• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
We need more views in that video, we want kamiya to unblock us all
From P*
>We've received a lot of questions regarding the Kamiya Block reward and the final Blossom City challenge unblock reward, and understand that these two might be a little confusing.
>To clarify, when the final social reward is completed, Kamiya-san will unblock only the backers that were blocked via the Kickstarter rewards.
>We hope that clears everything up!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
awesome vid, thanks for sharing :)

Frankly I wonder (heh) if it might be a good idea to add it to the OP. There's so much depth to TW101 and Saurian's videos do a great job of explaining it all in such a short amount of time.

There's two more videos after that one with even more stuff; I've just rewatched them and man, I had forgotten like half of it all. :D

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
From P*
>We've received a lot of questions regarding the Kamiya Block reward and the final Blossom City challenge unblock reward, and understand that these two might be a little confusing.
>To clarify, when the final social reward is completed, Kamiya-san will unblock only the backers that were blocked via the Kickstarter rewards.

A walk back if I've ever seen one. Makes no damn sense since you have to choose to be blocked by Kamiya if you're a backer

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it's going too slow. I wonder is that all the game's dynamic? No way to promote it more?
It would help if it was publicized/talked about in non-super gaming enthusiast circles I guess. Still it's a massive success even now. We all just hope it becomes even more of a success so we can get to that undisclosed additional content that they want to do.

Jun 22, 2019
From P*

I know it's just a dumb gimmick based on what is essentially an inside joke if you consider the gaming population at large, but geez are they botching this...

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
So will getting the game through Kickstarter be cheaper than what it will cost on the store? Or have they not said?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So will getting the game through Kickstarter be cheaper than what it will cost on the store? Or have they not said?
They haven't said what the retail/digital MSRP will be yet, but considering digital here is ~$36 and physical is ~$41, I highly doubt the launch prices will be cheaper than the KS prices are. At minimum the KS prices will be the same as day 1 retail prices, but more likely yes they are a bit cheaper. There's no real reason to not put the money into the kickstarter now if you're interested in getting the game -- especially since it helps the game out and potentially funds more content.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Guess they reveal the next set of stretch goals in the near future. I'm guessing it's a Vita port at 2 million

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Congrats PlatinumGames. Anoter goal reached.

They updated the strech goals already.
2 mio for Luka's second adventure. I'm ok with that, but I'd like to know more details about this lol

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Wow these stretch goals are basura

I guess that's what happens when the game is already 100% finished and is gonna ship in less than 3 months. Typically kickstarter games like haven't even started development so stretch goals tend to be very ambitious (often times too ambitious imo)

The Remixed sound track should be cool though.

EloNoolah

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope they add a digital + physical option or include the digital version with some of the pricier tiers at some point (I backed at the $250/Wonderful Pendant level myself). I'd really like to be able to keep my physical copy sealed if they're doing the whole "backer-exclusive packaging" thing and still be able to play the game itself. The convenience of having such a replayable game downloaded onto my system and not having to switch cartridges when I want to come back to it wouldn't hurt either.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I just hope they add add-ons :/ Nothing yet exists where I can get everything I want, without making MORE than 1 tier...

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Brand new W101 content is the stuff of dreams, even if it's more like a spinoff addition. Seriously considering upping my donation tier.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
sold my Wii U copy for 50 bucks today, backing this project to get a ps4 version. Putting my grain of help.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
e7d52536144364314bd2ed2f3fd8d442_original.png

This might be the closest Kamiya gets to directing a sequel to one of his own games, though I don't know whether it counts as a sequel to TW101 or Viewtiful Joe :P

I was expecting an Xbox One version as the $2 mil stretch goal, but at this point I think it's probably off the table, at least for this Kickstarter campaign. I'm guessing that the Switch, PC and PS4 ports were basically 100% complete before the Kickstarter campaign ever went live and the time between the Kickstarter ending and the April release will just be spent manufacturing physical copies and getting them sent out. An Xbox One version would probably need to be built from the ground up and would never be able to release alongside the other versions.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
2 millions for "Luka's second mission".

Well, and that's where the Kickstarter died. These guys really don't know how to keep a hype up and keep something like this rolling.

Ideally, you have to add something for that people say "damn, I really want that" and make it reachable with a number where people also say "oh man that's so close, come on I pledge something/get a higher tier". They fail in both things.... for the second or third time in a row even.

Adding freaking Time Attack, 500 thousand away from the PS4 goal, as the very first new goal, was the first huge cockblock that gave this basically a full brake. Then the first adventure sounded nice, people thought about Viewtiful Joe but 500k again was kinda insane for the step speed they already reached.
Then they learned a bit and made the next only 250K away, for a remix soundtrack. Still not the hottest thing in the world but slightly better, would have made it a 100K goal tho cause it will be already hard to reach and now where it's almost standing, they added a second mission which will kill the progression completely.
Cause this will give people the inner feeling of "I already pledged for that", it's nothing new, it's not exiting anymore and it won't make people spend either more, or making them pledge in the first place.

A shame, still a massively successful Kickstarter, but it could have been so much better if they didn't took the wind out of their sails with these goals.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
so is this remastered a port with better resolution and framerate? nothing else right?
Well via the Stretch Goals at least we're getting a time attack mode and a 2D platformer starring Luka, and I think we may get the remixed soundtrack stuff before the Kickstarter is up, but yes it's mostly just a port of the original game as far as we know.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
so is this remastered a port with better resolution and framerate? nothing else right?
Kamiya mentioned that he wanted to tweak a couple of things as he noticed it wasn't always clear what you needed to do. But in terms of content, it's essentially the same outside of the stretch goals.

Still no Xbox stretch goal, maybe Kamiya really is holding a grudge, lol.
I honestly just think there's very little demand for it.

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
The youtube view keeps losing views... it was at 48000 24 hours ago, then dropped to 38k and now down to 31k WTF?!
Hopefully we can skip the mission and move onto something else...

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Well via the Stretch Goals at least we're getting a time attack mode and a 2D platformer starring Luka, and I think we may get the remixed soundtrack stuff before the Kickstarter is up, but yes it's mostly just a port of the original game as far as we know.
Kamiya mentioned that he wanted to tweak a couple of things as he noticed it wasn't always clear what you needed to do. But in terms of content, it's essentially the same outside of the stretch goals.

Thanks, hopefully controls are super smooth! Only 2 months to go

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I do hope they add a digital + physical option or include the digital version with some of the pricier tiers at some point (I backed at the $250/Wonderful Pendant level myself). I'd really like to be able to keep my physical copy sealed if they're doing the whole "backer-exclusive packaging" thing and still be able to play the game itself. The convenience of having such a replayable game downloaded onto my system and not having to switch cartridges when I want to come back to it wouldn't hurt either.

this so much. Can we request that somehow?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft should pledge 1.000.000$ to check the next goals and take it back if no Xbox is found

Anyway hope they do demonstrate the 2d missions stuff before the campaign is over. It could attract more people.
I know this is just a joke, but Kickstarter actually has a system if there's someone who kickstarts an absurd amount higher or above a certain sum they have to validate they really have that much money to Kickstarter privately and really want to pledge that much to the Kickstarter before it goes through, but also can't take the pledge back so people can't just troll the system.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
I know this is just a joke, but Kickstarter actually has a system if there's someone who kickstarts an absurd amount higher or above a certain sum they have to validate they really want to pledge that much before it goes through, but also can't take the pledge back so people can't just troll the system.
I am fairly sure this was in response to a project failing because of someone doing just that?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I am fairly sure this was in response to a project failing because of someone doing just that?
A long time ago there were some troll people who did stuff like that, so this system was introduced to prevent it. Now if you want to pledge an absurd amount of money you need to
A. Validate you actually have that much money privately to Kickstarter.
B. You really want to go through with pledging that money to this Kickstarter.
C. You cannot cancel the pledge once validated.

Of course this doesn't apply to most backer stuff as most can cancel anytime, but this is for people who pledge thousands of dollars or more so both people don't like accidentally put on an extra zero than they intended to by mistake or for troll pledges to make the Kickstarter seem much better performing than it actually is.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
A long time ago there were so troll people who did stuff like that, so this system was introduced to prevent it. Now if you want to pledge an absurd amount of money you need to

Of course this doesn't apply to most backer stuff as most can cancel anytime, but this is for people who pledge thousands of dollars or more so both people don't like accidentally put on an extra zero than they intended to by mistake or for troll pledges to make the Kickstarter seem much better performing than it actually is.

That's a nice system.
I don't even have the money right now on my card lol.
I can't validate i have 40 bucks there atm LOL

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
2 millions for "Luka's second mission".

Well, and that's where the Kickstarter died. These guys really don't know how to keep a hype up and keep something like this rolling.

Ideally, you have to add something for that people say "damn, I really want that" and make it reachable with a number where people also say "oh man that's so close, come on I pledge something/get a higher tier". They fail in both things.... for the second or third time in a row even.

Adding freaking Time Attack, 500 thousand away from the PS4 goal, as the very first new goal, was the first huge cockblock that gave this basically a full brake. Then the first adventure sounded nice, people thought about Viewtiful Joe but 500k again was kinda insane for the step speed they already reached.
Then they learned a bit and made the next only 250K away, for a remix soundtrack. Still not the hottest thing in the world but slightly better, would have made it a 100K goal tho cause it will be already hard to reach and now where it's almost standing, they added a second mission which will kill the progression completely.
Cause this will give people the inner feeling of "I already pledged for that", it's nothing new, it's not exiting anymore and it won't make people spend either more, or making them pledge in the first place.

A shame, still a massively successful Kickstarter, but it could have been so much better if they didn't took the wind out of their sails with these goals.

Tldr; how dare platinum charge in the region of what it will actually cost them for additional gameplay segments.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Tldr; how dare platinum charge in the region of what it will actually cost them for additional gameplay segments.

Let's be honest though, Platinum Games is being greedy af here. Heck 2M should literally fund TW102.
If I were in charge of the KS, it'd be like this:
50k Switch
100k Steam
150k PS4
200k Xbox One
250k Mobile
300k Time Attack + Boss Rush
350k Remix
500k Luca's stand alone adventure
750k online coop mode
1M Bonus ops 1
1.25M Bonus Ops 2
1.5 M Bonus Ops 3
2M The Wonderful 102 funded

Yeah, just in case, I'm being sarcastic. People should stop eating up all those KS stretch goals that promise you another world or a new chapter for 10k dollars.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Well, they can do whatever they want, still doesn't change the fact that they killed the progression of the Kickstarter with how they balanced all the goals. 🤷‍♂️
They took the steam out of their sails, that's all I said.
So I don't know what you want from me with this comment.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I know this is just a joke, but Kickstarter actually has a system if there's someone who kickstarts an absurd amount higher or above a certain sum they have to validate they really have that much money to Kickstarter privately and really want to pledge that much to the Kickstarter before it goes through, but also can't take the pledge back so people can't just troll the system.
A long time ago there were some troll people who did stuff like that, so this system was introduced to prevent it. Now if you want to pledge an absurd amount of money you need to

Cool. I remember that story, had no idea about the system.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The best theory regarding Xbox version is that it's due to Microsoft stringent parity requirements. We hit those as well and it was rough. They also vary based on the whims of the specific handlers you will get. Releasing same date as another platform and/or having exclusive content is usually required.

This was a while ago when we hit it, but it was even after the news of parity clauses blowing over. So maybe they are either being held to them (since presumably switch releases first this April) or even just not wanting to take the risk as a publisher that they come up.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels a little like this. Should it not have been the goal after PS4? Seems like he really does not care about it. Ahh well, will skip this one I think, unless something happens in the meantime. Shame.
Maybe Xbox will fund that port themselves so it releases straight to Game Pass. The only reason to leave off a single platform.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best theory regarding Xbox version is that it's due to Microsoft stringent parity requirements. We hit those as well and it was rough. They also vary based on the whims of the specific handlers you will get. Releasing same date as another platform and/or having exclusive content is usually required.

This was a while ago when we hit it, but it was even after the news of parity clauses blowing over. So maybe they are either being held to them (since presumably switch releases first this April) or even just not wanting to take the risk as a publisher that they come up.
There is no parity clause any more. That shot was 6-7 years ago now.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There is no parity clause any more. That shot was 6-7 years ago now.

That can't be entirely true, because we hit them after that. Not saying that's never the case today of course. We did hit parity even after hearing it was relaxed, though, which was a bit of a shock.

Edit: anyway, I'll drop this line of thought. It's not entirely helpful as I haven't seen the absolute latest guidelines. More just speaking as a self-published developer who went through this situation, but it might not be relevant.

Oct 25, 2017
It's clear that the Switch and PS4 versions are already done and they wanted a minimum amount of funding to actually publish it, or maybe they have an investor who's willing to put a portion in if they hit their goals. The stretch goals feel kind of worthless and I kinda feel like they should have just stopped the kickstarter as soon as the PS4 goal was met. Now they're on the hook to provide content for the stretch goals and remixed music at 1.75 million dollars is a joke. It's a shitty situation as I'm sure there will be no Xbox port no matter what and this is just taking advantage of hype to get more money for dumb bonuses.