• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be literally Viewtiful Joe but with Luka/Wonder Goggles and when he transforms he's gonna say "henshin-a-goggles-baby!"

Honestly the only way I'm gonna go out of my way to play a Luka spinoff game.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It's going to be literally Viewtiful Joe but with Luka/Wonder Goggles and when he transforms he's gonna say "henshin-a-goggles-baby!"

This would be ideal but hopefully also with heavy stencil/cellshading to make it look less like that garbo mockup.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It seems pretty clear it is going to be Viewtiful Joe-esque, though probably with slightly different abilities.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Jeez why are people complaining that people are giving them too much money? They dont need to add a bunch of new content if that was never the plan, they have a long schedule ahead of them with the Platinum 4 thing and this has probably the least amount of people working on it.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
You know what would be way more hype (and less resource intensive) than new Luka missions?

Bayonetta Wonderful One Expansion
- Wonder Madama Butterfly (Unite Hand)
- Wonder Alrauna (Unite Whip)
- Wonder Grace and Glory (Unite Claw)
- Wonder Rosa (Unite Bomb)
- Wonder Lumen (Unite Naginata)

A few new models, reused voice lines, a couple extra visual effects where they make sense. Throw them in as part of the existing unlock system.

Bam. 3 million easy.

(There are probably legal hoops to jump through here, but still, no one likes Luka.)

Last edited:

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
is this I presume also getting released? as I wish they would say what price. Will it be cheaper to buy from KS or wait for it to be on the e-shop

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is this I presume also getting released? as I wish they would say what price. Will it be cheaper to buy from KS or wait for it to be on the e-shop
Yes it will be released apart from just people who fund on the kickstarter. The KS price will almost certainly be cheaper. If it isn't, it will be the same price as the eshop, not more. If you're interested, I would encourage you to try to buy it now, especially since the money goes towards helping the project as a whole. After all, it's only $36 digital.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely getting released, otherwise all this effort would be pointless.

My guess is that the price will be $39.99 across the board.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today's funding is already an increase from yesterday and we're only a bit over halfway through. Very positive to see.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Of course they don't but obviously they don't care enough about the franchises. It would just be cool to put it in the hands of the fans of the series.
I get what you're saying, but I think the ideal situation would be for someone to kickstart their own "F-Zero" style game, show there's still fans of that style of game AND provide some competition for F-Zero.

Either way, I just want more F-zero, haha.

Dec 23, 2017
I get what you're saying, but I think the ideal situation would be for someone to kickstart their own "F-Zero" style game, show there's still fans of that style of game AND provide some competition for F-Zero.

Either way, I just want more F-zero, haha.
Yeah but that has happened already. Look how many f-zero clones to a certain degree have released in the past couple years? It was just a thought by me.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Even if the eShop launch price is the same as the KS price the KS is a better deal because it includes free DLC. If you don't plan on buying through the KS then you'll probably have to wait for an eShop sale to pay the same amount for the same amount of content (game + DLC).

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today was a good day. More money than either Saturday or Friday. Hopefully this uptick continues.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
New Update: Physical/Digital tier is here!

www.kickstarter.com

Update 7: Magnificent Monday: Fan Art and a New Tier! · The Wonderful 101: Remastered

New Combined Digital/Physical Tier We’ve been watching your comments, and we hear you loud and clear. We’re introducing a brand new tier that will knock your socks off! Starting today, backers will be able to pledge towards a digital/physical tier that includes one digital copy of The Wonderful...

New Combined Digital/Physical Tier

We've been watching your comments, and we hear you loud and clear. We're introducing a brand new tier that will knock your socks off!

Starting today, backers will be able to pledge towards a digital/physical tier that includes one digital copy of The Wonderful 101: Remastered, and one physical copy. This is the perfect tier for backers looking for a copy for their collection, and a quick access copy on-the-go.

Defense of Blossom City Update

Over this past weekend, we saw The Wonderful Ones fighting against Laambo and his goons in the Blossom City shopping mall, and while we believed the task would be a difficult one, we didn't think the GEATHJERK Federation would be this formidable.

This mission's success was being measured by the number of views on the Kickstarter announcement video here. However, something strange was afoot.

Word has come down from the top brass at CENTINELS: it seems Trollkami has been trying to undermine your efforts from behind the scenes, but you were ultimately victorious!

That means another 31 stickers have been added to the sticker set! Up next, your next mission will be posting 60 pieces of fan art, brought down to 32 by your current Wonder Power. We believe in you, Wonder-Backers! Unite Up!

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Next social reward is lame but at least it's easy this time. If people repost their existing art that hasn't been highlighted by the Kickstarter yet it should be cleared no problem. At least we don't have to fight the youtube algorithm anymore.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Next social reward is lame but at least it's easy this time. If people repost their existing art that hasn't been highlighted by the Kickstarter yet it should be cleared no problem. At least we don't have to fight the youtube algorithm anymore.

I do wonder if Trollkami was made partly with these sorts of shenanigans in mind, or if that was just a handy stroke of luck

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
New Update: Physical/Digital tier is here!

www.kickstarter.com

Update 7: Magnificent Monday: Fan Art and a New Tier! · The Wonderful 101: Remastered

New Combined Digital/Physical Tier We’ve been watching your comments, and we hear you loud and clear. We’re introducing a brand new tier that will knock your socks off! Starting today, backers will be able to pledge towards a digital/physical tier that includes one digital copy of The Wonderful...
Trollkami is fucking terrifying.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know what would be way more hype (and less resource intensive) than new Luka missions?

A few new models, reused voice lines, a couple extra visual effects where they make sense. Throw them in as part of the existing unlock system.

Bam. 3 million easy.

(There are probably legal hoops to jump through here, but still, no one likes Luka.)
But they need the rights of Sega to put more bayo in W101

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
You're being way over-dramatic. The KS hasn't had the steam taken out of its sails at all. It is just following the same trajectory of dropping off after the first 36 - 48 hours that ALL KS projects do.

No, not this kind of bad. If we're taking this statistic screen as example that someone here posted:

GL7hrzv.png

Then we're seeing that on average around one quarter of the whole money comes in at the beginning, half of the total amount, half, in the middle and around 1 quarter at the end. On average.

So this would mean that after 1.5 millions in the first 3 days, with this logic, they would make at least another 1.5 millions at the end and more importantly half of the total amount, which would be another 3 million, in the middle part until the end. Let me repeat, 3 million until the last 3 days.
Are you seeing that currently?
Cause I don't. I don't even see them getting to the 2 million mark in the next 2 weeks at this point with the speed they currently have, which would be a f'n train wreck if we go by the other KS statistics.

And like I said, that's what I meant with "they took the wind out of their own sails".
They on their own killed it a little bit with how they balanced their Kickstarter goals. Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to put spectacular or expensive stuff in, I never said that, I'm just a statistics guy and love to analyze stuff, they also already got me, I pledged and will even double that today because of the new pledge categories they added, but I just wish they did the stretch goals a little bit smarter with maybe some small things or changes in between that they maybe already planned and made for the game but with adding them here would, unconsciously, give people a better feeling and made them feel more connected to the KS and the current hype around it.

At least that's my impression from it. I personally think that the stretch goals and how they specifically did them, slowed the whole KS way faster down than how it would have normally.

It's like, god, here comes another bad example, when Twitch streamer have a "sub train" going, people sub like crazy cause there's hype, there's excitement, there's a specific atmosphere inside that "bubble" and that's where shit is running like magic, but once you "lost" that moment, everything goes back to normal or less.
And I kinda think that's what happened here, once they unveiled the new stretch goal and then the ones after that, they lost this special moment they had with the start and everyone kinda went back to real life.

I'm really interested in seeing how the next week's look like and wish them nothing but the best, don't get me wrong please.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Bam. 3 million easy.

You'd need Sega to sign off on that first.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, not this kind of bad. If we're taking this statistic screen as example that someone here posted:

GL7hrzv.png

Then we're seeing that on average around one quarter of the whole money comes in at the beginning, half of the total amount, half, in the middle and around 1 quarter at the end. On average.

So this would mean that after 1.5 millions in the first 3 days, with this logic, they would make at least another 1.5 millions at the end and more importantly half of the total amount, which would be another 3 million, in the middle part until the end. Let me repeat, 3 million until the last 3 days.
Are you seeing that currently?
Cause I don't. I don't even see them getting to the 2 million mark in the next 2 weeks at this point with the speed they currently have, which would be a f'n train wreck if we go by the other KS statistics.

And like I said, that's what I meant with "they took the wind out of their own sails".
They on their own killed it a little bit with how they balanced their Kickstarter goals. Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to put spectacular or expensive stuff in, I never said that, I'm just a statistics guy and love to analyze stuff, they also already got me, I pledged and will even double that today because of the new pledge categories they added, but I just wish they did the stretch goals a little bit smarter with maybe some small things or changes in between that they maybe already planned and made for the game but with adding them here would, unconsciously, give people a better feeling and made them feel more connected to the KS and the current hype around it.

At least that's my impression from it. I personally think that the stretch goals and how they specifically did them, slowed the whole KS way faster down than how it would have normally.

It's like, god, here comes another bad example, when Twitch streamer have a "sub train" going, people sub like crazy cause there's hype, there's excitement, there's a specific atmosphere inside that "bubble" and that's where shit is running like magic, but once you "lost" that moment, everything goes back to normal or less.
And I kinda think that's what happened here, once they unveiled the new stretch goal and then the ones after that, they lost this special moment they had with the start and everyone kinda went back to real life.

I'm really interested in seeing how the next week's look like and wish them nothing than the best, don't get me wrong please.
You're still being over-dramatic. Your math is way off, to start. It took them longer than 3 days to get to 1.5 mil, which throws off all your numbers. Those charts also don't show that kickstarters generally make a quarter/half/quarter at all. It shows that they VARY -- but most often we're dealing with thirds here, not quarters.

They absolutely are getting to 2 million in the next two weeks. That is exactly what they will achieve at the current pace. And most kickstarters stick pretty closely to their daily pace after the first 48 hours. What that means is we're looking at about 31k - 45k per day until the last couple. There's 25 days left, so let's say that is an average rate of 38k/day, and applies for 23 of them. That's 874k. Which would put us at around 2.4 million BEFORE the last two days. That is extremely realistic at the current pace and not bad at all. It means we will smash through the current goals and at least one other they haven't revealed yet (Assuming it is at 2.25 mil).

Now that said, once you factor in the last two days, which may well be up to another million, this kickstarter is still on track to potentially pass 3 mil.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
You're still being over-dramatic. Your math is way off, to start. It took them longer than 3 days to get to 1.5 mil, which throws off all your numbers. Those charts also don't show that kickstarters generally make a quarter/half/quarter at all. It shows that they VARY -- but most often we're dealing with thirds here, not quarters.

Yeah it's off, of course, but the middle bar is in most cases the biggest bar of all 3, which still would make this:

There's 25 days left, so let's say that is an average rate of 38k/day, and applies for 23 of them. That's 874k.

A huge failure. That's almost half of what they got the first 3 days and that only happened with Yooka-Laylee and Bards Tale, 2 out of 16.
Call me over dramatic but that's not a good look.

But yeah, you're right about what you also said in the rest, it varies hugely in all statistics, so we don't know what will happen. Maybe for some mysterious reason it will take off again on the weekend or on any other random day, who knows? Maybe the next goal will fire up this thing in spectacular fashion again, could also happen. It's definitely interesting to talk and speculate about.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Taking a pass on physical/digital despite wanting a PS4 copy for the shelf and Steam to play. Based on the preview image it looks like there's no problem getting physical for one platform and digital the other, but I do kind of want to keep that keychain on the tier I ordered. I couldn't justify the prices for the higher-level merchandise, but the silly little keychain was just enough extra that I could pretend it was a reasonable expense.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's off, of course, but the middle bar is in most cases the biggest bar of all 3, which still would make this:

A huge failure. That's almost half of what they got the first 3 days and that only happened with Yooka-Laylee and Bards Tale, 2 out of 16.
Call me over dramatic but that's not a good look.

But yeah, you're right about what you also said in the rest, it varies hugely in all statistics, so we don't know what will happen. Maybe for some mysterious reason it will take off again on the weekend or on any other random day, who knows? Maybe the next goal will fire up this thing in spectacular fashion again, could also happen. It's definitely interesting to talk and speculate about.
Point being that even in the cases where the middle section is the largest, it isn't typically by much. Whether it's slightly more or slightly less than the first couple days, the difference is negligible (though obviously slightly more is always better).

That said, I think the kickstarter is already a huge success. The game is coming to several platforms: the main goal. Everything else at this point is gravy. Probably getting to about 3 million is an even bigger success. There's no failure here, is my point.

What other goals would you have liked to see at these 2 million and under stages?

The truth is any substantial addition to the game as it exists would require many many more millions. I am hopeful that we might see some substantial additions beyond the 2 million mark, but it's certainly not a guarantee, and I completely understand these things likely would cost much more than whatever goal they do put them at.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I think it will pick up again with the physical + digital tier and also cause remixed OST is a better stretch goal than that Luka mock up they showed

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Point being that even in the cases where the middle section is the largest, it isn't typically by much. Whether it's slightly more or slightly less than the first couple days, the difference is negligible (though obviously slightly more is always better).

That said, I think the kickstarter is already a huge success. The game is coming to several platforms: the main goal. Everything else at this point is gravy. Probably getting to about 3 million is an even bigger success. There's no failure here, is my point.

What other goals would you have liked to see at these 2 million and under stages?

The truth is any substantial addition to the game as it exists would require many many more millions. I am hopeful that we might see some substantial additions beyond the 2 million mark, but it's certainly not a guarantee, and I completely understand these things likely would cost much more than whatever goal they do put them at.

The whole Kickstarter is a huge success in general, I agree. It's more money already than I would have thought they will get, and I was one of the positive voices here while almost everyone else thought this will bomb hard. With the last 3 days it should easily reach 3 millions and that's exciting.

I would have liked to see some small things in between, just to "keep the train rolling" and keeping everyone exited by the pure hype factor of "another goal reached" "and another goal reached". Small stuff like maybe a few new heroes to collect, which would be exiting for fans, some other new small unlockables in any other form (haven't played it so I don't know what would fit for this game, costumes? Screen filter? Sound effects?). Maybe just a little making of, behind the scenes, beta scenes, or interview series with a specific stretch goal, simple but also cool. Maybe a special printed manual for the backer versions or for the first print, stuff like this.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya from PlatinumGames will be giving an illuminating talk about how they united, where they're going, and what they have in store for the future. Attendees will receive a set of two The Wonderful 101: Remastered limited edition buttons, but supplies will be limited!

PAX Online

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get why they can't do it like most other Kickstarters where you just pledge an amount on top of your level and you get that money to spend on additional copies. The need for specific rigid tiers seems needlessly complex to address people wanting to pledge more for more copies and restricts backers from making the choice that fits for them.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't get why they can't do it like most other Kickstarters where you just pledge an amount on top of your level and you get that money to spend on additional copies. The need for specific rigid tiers seems needlessly complex to address people wanting to pledge more for more copies and restricts backers from making the choice that fits for them.

They say it's "complicated" for add-ons but I don't think I have ever backed something that didn't offer any (or at least eventually). It's pretty frustrating since we can't get such basics like digital + physical without waiting on them to make ANOTHER tier. Reward-wise this was not well thought out :/

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Still no Xbox stretch, huh? I would have thought that'd be a far better carrot than the additional Luka games.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Still no Xbox stretch, huh? I would have thought that'd be a far better carrot than the additional Luka games.

It's probably the goal that'd drive the most pledges but it also means you're on the hook for another version you have to put out and If they port it later they can probably still get mostly the same sales.

To be fair they could also make it a strech goal and specifically add that it'll come later than the other versions.

I guess we'll see because after doing the math they're probably going to hit 3 million regardless.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Not sure I'm super into Luka being the stretch goal content. Not sure what I'd want tbh.

I would want content that meshes well with the base game, so either more characters (to play the existing stages with) or more stages (to use the existing characters in). Although I love VJ as much as the next guy, a completely separate mode doesn't feel like the most efficient way to increase value for a game this rich in content and potential.

And, yeah, Luka is a supremely annoying character for 80% of the game. I'd rather have Red himself be the main character of the 2D sidescroller.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot find a link for the life of me, but I could've sworn I read an interview last week where Kamiya actually said he didn't want to add new characters or stages for fear of bloating the base game, and was much more interested in doing new modes using what's already there.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not sure what you'd even add to the base game. It's already pretty packed as it is.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot find a link for the life of me, but I could've sworn I read an interview last week where Kamiya actually said he didn't want to add new characters or stages for fear of bloating the base game, and was much more interested in doing new modes using what's already there.

That's ideal actually. Just adding more modes where we can enjoy the gameplay that it has already established.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I don't know why I find this particular post funny in retrospect: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ga...he-wonderful-101.167892/page-21#post-28752606

Additions to the game as we know it, not some weird spinoff that we have no concept of.