• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Upped my pledge to the Digital/Physical tier. I'm really looking forward to seeing what that Remix Soundtrack is all about; hopefully we reach that tier before long.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole Kickstarter is a huge success in general, I agree. It's more money already than I would have thought they will get, and I was one of the positive voices here while almost everyone else thought this will bomb hard. With the last 3 days it should easily reach 3 millions and that's exciting.

I would have liked to see some small things in between, just to "keep the train rolling" and keeping everyone exited by the pure hype factor of "another goal reached" "and another goal reached". Small stuff like maybe a few new heroes to collect, which would be exiting for fans, some other new small unlockables in any other form (haven't played it so I don't know what would fit for this game, costumes? Screen filter? Sound effects?). Maybe just a little making of, behind the scenes, beta scenes, or interview series with a specific stretch goal, simple but also cool. Maybe a special printed manual for the backer versions or for the first print, stuff like this.
I see what you mean, though personally I prefer something like a new spin-off game/mode over an outside-of-the-game addition like interviews or printed instruction booklets.
I don't know why I find this particular post funny in retrospect: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ga...he-wonderful-101.167892/page-21#post-28752606

Additions to the game as we know it, not some weird spinoff that we have no concept of.
Sure, I'd like that too. But considering how packed the game is, I kinda understand why they are going this way. Especially given that a lot of Platinum fans want a new VJ too. This is kinda an inbetween step for both I guess, maybe not pleasing everyone. I still hope more goals are revealed that are actually utilizing the game's core gameplay.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
It's probably the goal that'd drive the most pledges but it also means you're on the hook for another version you have to put out and If they port it later they can probably still get mostly the same sales.

To be fair they could also make it a strech goal and specifically add that it'll come later than the other versions.

I guess we'll see because after doing the math they're probably going to hit 3 million regardless.
True, the current versions are probably already basically done. But it would be a good way to ensure at least a limited physical print of Xbox copies for those interested.

And I would rather see them spend resources developing an Xbox One port than the Luka titles. Especially since an Xbox version would also mean it'll be playable on Series X, so it's not just limited to Xbox One sales. But yeah, nothing's stopping them from doing it later outside of the Kickstarter.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
The Digital/Physical tier was a smart decision for them to add. I upped mine to that.

PS4 for digital for higher fidelity, trophies, and so I can play the game when it's actually released on time.
Switch for physical for collectibility.

I can't wait for this, it's amazing how much word of mouth has boosted this games popularity and interest.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Looking at the stats & what I know about Kickstarter campaigns, I'd expect around $2 million when the game reaches the final few days. If the $2.5 million stretch goal is particularly good, I could see it reaching that, but I don't think it'll reach $3 million.

I feel like the 2D mini-game stretch goal was a good incentive, but "we're going to make that 2D mini-game bigger" is a bad one since nobody knows if they like the 2D mini-game yet.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the stats & what I know about Kickstarter campaigns, I'd expect around $2 million when the game reaches the final few days. If the $2.5 million stretch goal is particularly good, I could see it reaching that, but I don't think it'll reach $3 million.

I feel like the 2D mini-game stretch goal was a good incentive, but "we're going to make that 2D mini-game bigger" is a bad one since nobody knows if they like the 2D mini-game yet.
You think it's only going to make about 425k in the next 22 days? It's currently doing over 31k a day. Even on the low end that is over 600k more.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think there's actually a decent chance of this, given that the first Luka goal was probably pretty barebones.
I think it will be a goal, but not the next one. They will break them up with something else, like they are doing with the remix tier. Assuming the pattern continues, it will probably be:

$2.25 Mil - Something new in the base game (ala Time Attack or the soundtrack remix)

$2.5 Mil - Final part of the Luka spin-off

$2.75 Mil - Something new in the base game

$3 Mil - New Content of some sort, which will be DLC

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scalebound was Kamiya's dream game he always wanted to do. I'm sure one of PLatinum's announcements is the revivals of that game for multiconsole, i'm not sure Microsoft wants to hold on to a cancelled game IP at this point.
I don't think that's likely given what's been said in recent interviews. I think the other 3 will be brand new IP.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think that's likely given what's been said in recent interviews. I think the other 3 will be brand new IP.

Even if Platinum doesn't necessary have IP rights to Scalebound, they can still do a brand new IP with a similar concept of 3rd party action game with a dragon pet or whatnot. If it's Kamiya's dream project, I don't think he'd be inclined to just let that dream go, even if under a different IP name but similar premise he can still fulfill this goal.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
In regards to funding projections.

If we go by Kicktraq
www.kicktraq.com

The Wonderful 101: Remastered

PlatinumGames' classic Unite Action Game, self-published and heading to multiple platforms!

On the lowend it's projection of 243 Million Yen is 2.3 Million USD. The highend for 340 Million Yen is 3.09 Million USD.

Even if we add the low and high end together and average them that is still an estimated 2.6 Million which is still a decent number. Of course this is only factoring for 6 days into the campaign, so I'd say by day 15 of the halfway point we can get a much more accurate projection to work with.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States

If we go by Kicktraq
www.kicktraq.com

PlatinumGames' classic Unite Action Game, self-published and heading to multiple platforms!

On the lowend it's projection of 243 Million Yen is 2.3 Million USD. The highend for 340 Million Yen is 3.09 Million USD.

Even if we add the low and high end together and average them that is still an estimated 2.6 Million which is still a decent number. Of course this is only factoring for 6 days into the campaign, so I'd say by day 15 of the halfway point we can get a much more accurate projection to work with.
Kicktraq won't be accurate with forecasting until about midway through the campaign.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish there was an option to get the physical game and keychain without the soundtrack and comic.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kickstarter should allow campaigners to put a custom pledge where you mix match individual pledges. That way someone could pldge for example for 3 physical copies, 2 digital, 2 keychains, one steelbook etc...
For most things I've backed theres been the Backerkit site used for "add-ons" where you can select stuff like extra copies or some merch.

Oct 25, 2017
New update: https://www.kickstarter.com/project..._email_backer_project_update_registered_users

The next social media challenge is to turn this picture of Inaba into a meme.

de6f6aeee26c742be05cbc969b0156b5_original.jpg

Something something fish this big.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if Platinum doesn't necessary have IP rights to Scalebound, they can still do a brand new IP with a similar concept of 3rd party action game with a dragon pet or whatnot. If it's Kamiya's dream project, I don't think he'd be inclined to just let that dream go, even if under a different IP name but similar premise he can still fulfill this goal.
Oh for sure. That very well might happen. I just don't think we will see "Scalebound" specifically again. Also, Kamiya calls most of his projects his dream project. Pretty sure he has said that about Wonderful 101 before, and Okami at minimum as well. He also talked about how making a Star Fox game would be a dream project.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Oh for sure. That very well might happen. I just don't think we will see "Scalebound" specifically again. Also, Kamiya calls most of his projects his dream project. Pretty sure he has said that about Wonderful 101 before, and Okami at minimum as well. He also talked about how making a Star Fox game would be a dream project.
Kamiya must have lots of dreams then :P

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Time to bring back the OG Dinobound

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

If we go by Kicktraq
www.kicktraq.com

I suspect we will hit something like 2.1 mil at the end of the campain but nothing really more

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
So, apart from the Nintendo logo in the building and all that jazz, that we dont know still if its gonna still be there r taken out (even if the ending credits will still have nintendo people in it), if they are taking those things awys for the multiplatform versions. Whats gonna happen with the Game & Watch Donkey Kong Wonder Black had in the cutscenes of the game?
W101wikiart7.png

Game-and-Watch-PORTADA.jpg

Like probably nothing is gonna happen, and maybe it already has differences in the texture you cant even see well, but its another Nintendo easter egg left in the game.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if Nintendo is stricter with this type of stuff, but there's plenty of ports that still had MS or Sony references in them when they went to other platforrms.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
So, apart from the Nintendo logo in the building and all that jazz, that we dont know still if its gonna still be there r taken out (even if the ending credits will still have nintendo people in it), if they are taking those things awys for the multiplatform versions. Whats gonna happen with the Game & Watch Donkey Kong Wonder Black had in the cutscenes of the game?
W101wikiart7.png

Like probably nothing is gonna happen, and maybe it already has differences in the texture you cant even see well, but its another Nintendo easter egg left in the game.
Change the texture to be a generic handheld console, not a big deal tbh

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
W101wikiart7.png

Wonder-Gamer had a Famicom controller in his head, too. But it's as simple as making them generic controllers or use the one of each platform.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't see this posted:
www.gematsu.com

The Wonderful 101: Remastered playable at PAX East 2020

PlatinumGames will attend PAX East 2020, which runs from February 27 to March 1 at the Boston Convention Center, with a playable demo of the recently announced The Wonderful 101: Remastered for Swi…

I'm interested to see how a showfloor demo of The Wonderful 101 would actually go; it's not really the kind of game you can get a feel for in a couple of minutes. I'm looking forward to seeing how it runs, though, and whether they've made any obvious changes to the gameplay or controls for the Remaster.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Glad i made this my first Kickstarter project i'm backed since besides the name and premise I'm virtually unspoiled on it.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This is weird: I had my credit card blocked because of this backing. I wanted to buy something yesterday and couldn't because my card was apparently blocked, got a letter in the mail today. I reach out to find out why and they did it because of the 0$ transaction on Kickstarter, they thought it was a suspect transaction...

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
www.gematsu.com

PlatinumGames will attend PAX East 2020, which runs from February 27 to March 1 at the Boston Convention Center, with a playable demo of the recently announced The Wonderful 101: Remastered for Swi…

I'm interested to see how a showfloor demo of The Wonderful 101 would actually go; it's not really the kind of game you can get a feel for in a couple of minutes. I'm looking forward to seeing how it runs, though, and whether they've made any obvious changes to the gameplay or controls for the Remaster.
It would probably go as well as it did the last time for the WiiU. Not very well. But at least we will be able to tell how good the port is and how they handle the UI changes without a gamepad.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
You think it's only going to make about 425k in the next 22 days? It's currently doing over 31k a day. Even on the low end that is over 600k more.

If the remaining middle days got an average of $15k/day (which is what it got yesterday), that'd put it at $1.9 million going into the final week and around $2 million when the final uptick begins. It's been steadily getting worse day by day for the past few days and I don't see that changing unless the next revealed stretch goal is something really good.

Having a stretch goal be part 2 of an earlier stretch goal is a really bad move because it's not only hard to get excited about more of a mode that backers are unfamiliar with, it also makes people think that additional stretch goals are just going to be part 3, part 4, etc. It simultaneously devalues the earlier stretch goal AND future stretch goals.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I for one am excited to see more of Viewtiful Joe 3 — Luka Edition. The more time and budget they can allocate to it the more likely it is to feel like an actual spiritual successor.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.gematsu.com

I doubt much will be reflected in the first mission (Assuming that is what they go with for the demo... as that is what they did for the Wii U version's demos). The main thing would be the first building with the number puzzle that used the two screens -- so we can potentially see how they're adjusting for that. I expect a lot of QOL stuff they were talking about will come later in the game when there are more complex things going on with the missions and enemies, and a greater number of Wonderful Ones with slightly more complex drawings to activate.
Glad i made this my first Kickstarter project i'm backed since besides the name and premise I'm virtually unspoiled on it.
You're in for a wild ride! Enjoy it.
If the remaining middle days got an average of $15k/day (which is what it got yesterday), that'd put it at $1.9 million going into the final week and around $2 million when the final uptick begins. It's been steadily getting worse day by day for the past few days and I don't see that changing unless the next revealed stretch goal is something really good.

Having a stretch goal be part 2 of an earlier stretch goal is a really bad move because it's not only hard to get excited about more of a mode that backers are unfamiliar with, it also makes people think that additional stretch goals are just going to be part 3, part 4, etc. It simultaneously devalues the earlier stretch goal AND future stretch goals.
Sure, I get that. And yeah the daily average has dropped since I made that post. At the time what I was saying made sense though. I agree it maybe wasn't the best stretch goal to have next, but I think the fact of the matter is real additions to the game as it exists are probably much more expensive. I don't have a problem with them being realistic about what they can accomplish with the money given. A lot of kickstarters make the mistake of being unrealistic and over-promising.
I for one am excited to see more of Viewtiful Joe 3 — Luka Edition. The more time and budget they can allocate to it the more likely it is to feel like an actual spiritual successor.
Same actually. While I love the Wonderful 101 and would kill for more additions to it, using its gameplay, I also really love Viewtiful Joe. So I'm pretty happy... though I understand not all Wonderful 101 fans are also VJ fans (are there really THAT many though?).

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I doubt much will be reflected in the first mission (Assuming that is what they go with for the demo... as that is what they did for the Wii U version's demos). The main thing would be the first building with the number puzzle that used the two screens -- so we can potentially see how they're adjusting for that. I expect a lot of QOL stuff they were talking about will come later in the game when there are more complex things going on with the missions and enemies, and a greater number of Wonderful Ones with slightly more complex drawings to activate.

You're in for a wild ride! Enjoy it.

Sure, I get that. And yeah the daily average has dropped since I made that post. At the time what I was saying made sense though. I agree it maybe wasn't the best stretch goal to have next, but I think the fact of the matter is real additions to the game as it exists are probably much more expensive. I don't have a problem with them being realistic about what they can accomplish with the money given. A lot of kickstarters make the mistake of being unrealistic and over-promising.

Same actually. While I love the Wonderful 101 and would kill for more additions to it, using its gameplay, I also really love Viewtiful Joe. So I'm pretty happy... though I understand not all Wonderful 101 fans are also VJ fans (are there really THAT many though?).
Plus if I had one criticism of W101, it's that it probably already has too much content. It's definitely not at Okami levels but it's already easily Kamiya's second-biggest game and I'm not really desperate for even more levels beyond that.

A stand-alone campaign is a much bigger draw.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Progression has slowed to a crawl. I've been checking semi-regularly and it seems like it's maybe gone up ~$100k or so in the last week plus. It'll get a little bump at the end as people lock in before the KS ends, but I'd imagine it probably just crawls past $2m if that -- there isn't a reason for there to be another big groundswell of support.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Is it possible to change delivery address at some point? I want to get the physical version, but I might move to another city by the time it releases

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plus if I had one criticism of W101, it's that it probably already has too much content. It's definitely not at Okami levels but it's already easily Kamiya's second-biggest game and I'm not really desperate for even more levels beyond that.

A stand-alone campaign is a much bigger draw.
Absolutely. It's hard to imagine them adding anything to the campaign. I would be down for a new adventure/mini-campaign though in lieu of a proper sequel.
Progression has slowed to a crawl. I've been checking semi-regularly and it seems like it's maybe gone up ~$100k or so in the last week plus. It'll get a little bump at the end as people lock in before the KS ends, but I'd imagine it probably just crawls past $2m if that -- there isn't a reason for there to be another big groundswell of support.
It's definitely slowed down, but the KS has already been a huge success so it's not a super big deal. Obviously we all still want it to be as successful as possible though. I am still confident this will end up well over 2 Mil. Though yes, the next revealed stretch goal will be important as far as motivation goes.
Is it possible to change delivery address at some point? I want to get the physical version, but I might move to another city by the time it releases
They'll ask for your delivery address when they're ready to ship (after the KS ends). Worst case you can always do mail forwarding if you move even after that point.