• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
This is honest to god the Wii U situation all over again.

How goddamn hard was it to just call it "Infinite." It would've made Halo Infinite seem more significant.

Or, since the marketing seems to have a running theme of "dreams," "Xbox Dream" would've been just fine.

Literally anything besides Xbox Series X

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Nah. This is nothing like WiiU.

People know what this is and MS will make sure that if they dont know they will before launch.

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
How did your parents pick out your smartphone OP? Samsung alone releases like 10 new phones a year lmao

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's really not.

You go to the store, ask for the new XBOX and they sell you it. It's only people on forums who literally do know everything about these products that are complaining about this.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Reply to that tweet by telling them that the Xbox 360 S and Xbox 360 E have existed alongside the Xbox One S and Xbox One X in the very same universe they are currently living in.

Feb 1, 2018
Very confusing, but I guess "Series" means there's going to be more iterative yearly releases instead of 5+ year gens. So a Series S (lockhart?), Series Y (streaming/social focused?) and Series E (all digital?), etc. That makes sense in itself but keeping the One S and X around is going to mess with people.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Z
mQ4XJk2.jpg

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
It's Xbox

that's it.

There's going to be no Xbox One anymore.

This directly replaces the Xbox One X and they will be removed from the market.

it's really not that hard.

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
This is honest to god the Wii U situation all over again.

How goddamn hard was it to just call it "Infinite." It would've made Halo Infinite seem more significant.

Or, since the marketing seems to have a running theme of "dreams," "Xbox Dream" would've been just fine.

Literally anything besides Xbox Series X

Imagine the mental gymnastics required to leap through this hypothetical retail hazard?

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't think the name is perfect but the complaints about it confusing people to the point of being a detriment feel ridiculously obtuse at this point.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i half thought Phil would just say screw it.....and announce he'll change the name, right then and there on stage, when you could see him struggling to say it himself.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't seem that confusing.

The XB One is the old version. The XB Series X is the new version. That's all that needs to be said?

It's not like the Wii U where the box looked identical to the Wii and it looked like only the controller was different.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's the only one with sex in the name, seems pretty straightforward.

it's also not like the Wii U because the box is so visually different. Wii U marketing made it look like a controller for the Wii. XSeX is clearly different shape.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Just erase the Xbox One brand.

As long as there are no Xbox One X and Xbox Series X on the shelves it should be fine.
Otherwise... Well, yeah, bad idea.

And hopefully they aren't dumb enough to make a Xbox Series S model.
SS is not a clever abbreviation.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Xbox has always had weird names.

Went from Xbox to Xbox 360 to Xbox One. People are used to this shit by now. That and Microsoft will absolutely make sure to let people know this console is brand new.

Nintendo completely failed at letting people know the Wii U was a new console. It was more than just the name.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Someone at work that used to work at Microsoft said this is Another Bad Microsoft Marketing Name.

There was once upon a time a push to call the Windows Phone the Windows Phone Series 7.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
People blame Wii U's failure on its name quite often. I love my Wii U, but I've never been a defender of the terrible name. I didn't see many defend it, either. I wonder why more people feel inclined to defend Microsoft making the same blunder.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's hurting my head. LITERALLY MELTING MY BRAIN. IT CONFOUNDS ME, MICROSOFT. PHIL. PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Their code names always end up better than the actual console names.

Scorpion and Scarlet were cool names.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I agree. The name is so stupid.

Please don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the monolithic design of Xbox Series X, that should not and cannot change, for obvious reasons like cooling.

But get a better name.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they're keeping the core "Xbox" brand name (which I think they should, everybody uses it), and don't want to go into numbering like Playstation, then this was just inevitable no matter what they went with.

I don't like "Series X" either, but at the end of the day it's going to be called the Xbox and the previous models will just disappear.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
The hyperbole on a enthusiast gaming forum is absurd

PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY WANT

edit: that tweet is fucking dumb tbh, no one asks questions like that come on, these complaints are hardly genuine

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
it really doesn't

"Hi, I want to buy the newest Xbox for my son"
"Okay, do you want the entry-model or the most powerful one?"
"The entry-model, please"
"Okay, there is it"
"Thank you. Good bye"

I roll my fucking eyes so hard when gamerzzz think the average consumer is some dumb people that is not used to products nowadays having a entry model and a high-end one

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
How is it any more confusing than Xbox One to Xbox One X?

"If you're looking for the newest one of these, you want the Series X"

The name could be better not gonna lie, but I don't think it's confusing.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Xbox SX
XSX

yeah that doesn't work. They should've went with something else. Xbox Infinite or Xbox II or Xbox Xstream.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will be the $499 Xbox. The people buying it will know what they are doing. The one x will be off the shelves by 2021 and I'm guessing the one S will be replaced with a Series E or D in 2021 as well.

So by fall 2021

Xbox SX for $499
Xbox SE for $299

it's the same exact situation they have now with the one x and one s

it doesn't seem to be confusing for anyone.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
People are really trying hard to pretend they are dumb. If the Xbox One X hasn't broke people's minds, they can figure this out. It has a distinctive design and isn't selling itself with something that looks like an addon, it isn't like the Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.