• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fancykong

Nov 21, 2017
Is it out on Google Play Music (NA) yet?

EDIT: I just ordered it from Amazon instead. Options are nice!

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Bought, time to retire my play counts on the sound selection tracks.

Can't get enough of the Mor Ardain theme.

Synless

Oct 30, 2017
Link for iTunes says not available for me in the US when I click it. Also, it doesn't show up when I search for it.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, none of the physical versions (A, B or C) are HQ. Only those Japanese sites sell that version, the rest have the normal quality versions.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and got it off US iTunes. $39.99 is just a tiny bit more than what I spent on a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles OST a couple of years back and I'm just glad that Nintendo allowed them to put the OST out digitally, at least, around the world. Hope the OST sells well on iTunes and other fronts/services to show Nintendo there's a demand for their OSTs since you can't really get them besides imports unless they were Club Nintendo rewards or sampler CDs.

I may get a standard physical release later down the road, but I'm fine with digital.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Downloading it. Picking the shits that will go into my jogging playlist. Mor Ardain is still undisputed best of them all, right? :p

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is available in the US iTunes? Don't see it when I search.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
I love how this OST is organized, BTW. Part of the magic of (OST) disc 3/4/5 in game is that they blow you away with all these different styles while transitioning between them all so flawlessly, and the OST's order pretty much matches the order you run into stuff in game (with a few exceptions)

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is #6 on the iTunes soundtrack genre in the US, and #29 on the overall albums :)
Top 10 on Amazon US too.

Liabho5.png

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Cool, I'm glad there's a way to buy this OST without importing from Japan. Wish this was the norm for Nintendo. They have a lot of soundtracks (notably Breath of the Wild) that are amazing but don't get the same treatment.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I can't decide. Do I buy it on iTunes or Amazon? Not really a big audiophile or anything. I feel like iTunes just traps me more in Apple's ecosystem.

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, I'm glad there's a way to buy this OST without importing from Japan. Wish this was the norm for Nintendo. They have a lot of soundtracks (notably Breath of the Wild) that are amazing but don't get the same treatment.
It sounds like this isn't being done through Nintendo, but a Japanese music production house, which of course Nintendo had to give the ok to do so, but likely didn't put up any money for.

But yeah, I'm so glad that Mitsuda persevered to get this Soundtrack released. It's definitely the OST of 2018 for me, following nicely the OST of 2017 (Nier: Automata).

Kamisori

Oct 26, 2017
France

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone who brought the high res album claiming that the files are simply an upscale? Can anyone confirm it & if it's true, does it affect anything at all?

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
question:
So I downloadeded the soundtrack on my iphone in the i-tunes store.
The problem I have now is that in music the Soundtrack is splitted in the different composers. Even when I sort it as LPs.
Anyone know how to listen to the soundtrack in the right order?

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
question:
So I downloadeded the soundtrack on my iphone in the i-tunes store.
The problem I have now is that in music the Soundtrack is splitted in the different composers. Even when I sort it as LPs.
Anyone know how to listen to the soundtrack in the right order?
Hmm not sure. Maybe try a music player other than iTunes? I downloaded the mp3s from Amazon, and when I play them on my phone's generic music player (Samsung), they are in the order you encounter the songs in the game.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize this was out already, will definitely be downloading shortly. Though I'm really tempted by the Japanese Physical release...

Discharger

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm what comes with the US digital iTunes release? I want to buy the version on Amazon, but I'm in Canada, and it's only available on the US site, which won't accept my payment method when I try to check out. Just using my Canadian visa. I'm guessing it won't let me check out because Amazon doesn't sell digital music on Amazon.ca.

However, the soundtrack is on Canadian iTunes, but I won't get it unless I can get the raw mp3s. Also, what options are there to legally get the high bitrate versions?

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm what comes with the US digital iTunes release? I want to buy the version on Amazon, but I'm in Canada, and it's only available on the US site, which won't accept my payment method when I try to check out. Just using my Canadian visa. I'm guessing it won't let me check out because Amazon doesn't sell digital music on Amazon.ca.

However, the soundtrack is on Canadian iTunes, but I won't get it unless I can get the raw mp3s. Also, what options are there to legally get the high bitrate versions?

All digital versions on Amazon and Itunes are the five CD's of the OST, in normal quality. The sixth CD is exclusive to the limited type A and type B physical versions.
You could try getting the digital version from Amazon US since it allows you to download the mp3 files. I couldn't buy it at first since it doesn't accept international credit cards for digital music, but it does accept Amazon gift cards!

You can buy an amazon gift card for Amazon US, erase all your credit cards from your account to only leave the gift card credit available and buy the soundtrack. Worked for me.

The high bitrate version are only sold on certain japanese online stores, and have restrictions to only sell to IPs in Japan.

JORMBO

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Type B thinking the PS4 could rip CDs. Turns out it doesn't and I don't have anything that can rip CDs anymore. I ended up buying the digital version also. I guess I'll save the physical version to play in my CD player in my living room.

Kureransu

Oct 25, 2017
Before I make the plunge, is there any word on a Google play store release? Really don't want to buy on Amazon to download to upload to Google.