• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AdvancedWind

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
There's gotta be an Endwalker DLC, at least. The fact the XIV tracks cut out at the end of Shadowbringers is too noticeable.
It would have been in development alongside Endwalker for a good chunk of it's dev time, and Yoshi-P tends to avoid crossovers too soon after a release. I would bet good money on the two unknown DLCs being XVI and Endwalker.

Good luck to whoever is responsible for condensing that OST into just 6-8 bangers

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who always buys physical, some songs being exclusive to the Digital Deluxe editions is f**king BS. :|
I'm holding out hope for some "Premium Deluxe" DLC. I really want the game physically, but I wanna get the Premium just to pay upfront for everything. Honestly cheaper than the 3DS games ended up being with DLC lol..

AdvancedWind

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Finally, Theatrhythm will have its first marathon mode where you play a 3-hour medley of just music from Endwalker all as one song.

So like it has to have Close in the Distance, so that's a slot locked in. Carrots of Happiness and / or Miracle Works for dungeon themes. I actually don't like the song that much but Endcaller should probably be in. Then we got On Blade's Edge and With Hearts Aligned. Basically any other area theme would finish the set nicely. We're still missing a bunch of fan favorites but it's a decent list...except it's only for the base game. If we start trying to put patch music in, might as well put every song in a bag and let god sort it out

Oct 29, 2017
Ohhhhh yes. My only complaint is February is too long to wait. All those FFXIV tracks! And Nier! I'm going to miss the stylus though.

DLC Tracklist

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
After a poster mentioned there were full lists in the Switch client, I transcribed them all since apparently you can't screenshot the eshop for some reason?? Hope your favorites made it!

I did not expect the season passes to go up to November of next year, dang. Also, there is a preorder bonus for 15 profile cards (pretty much whatever). And the premium deluxe edition gets its own rainbow title screen banner lol.

SaGa Pack (7 tracks): $5 Release: At launch
Enraged Battle
Struggle to the Death
The Conflict
Horrible Shadow
Beat Them Up!
Coup de Grace
Passionate Rhythm

SaGa Pack 2 (8 tracks): $6 Release: 4/12/23
The Celestial Protectors
Battle #4
Alone
Battle #5
Last Battle -T260G-
Feldschlacht III
Missgestalt
Battle Theme I

SaGa Pack 3 (7 tracks): $5 Release: 8/9/23
Ever Higher
Title Screen
Encounter with the Seven Heroes
The Ultimate Confrontation
Four Sinistrals Battle I
Four Sinistrals Battle II
The Ultimate Confrontation (yes this is here twice, idk why, no other qualifier)

DLC Pack 15: Release: 11/1/23

Mana Pack 1 (7 tracks): $5 Release: 6/8/23
Nuclear Fusion
Battle 2
In Search of the Sword of Mana
Swivel
Powell
Meridian Child
Sacrifice Part Three

Mana Pack 2 (6 tracks): $4.50 Release: 8/30/23
Darkness Nova
Into the Thick of It
Danger
Meridian Dance
Hometown of Domina
Bejeweled City in Ruins

Chrono Pack (6 tracks)1: $4.50 Release: 5/17/23
Wings That Cross Time
Radical Dreamers - Le Tresor Interdit-
Chrono Trigger
Boss Battle 2
Battle with Magus
Corridors of Time

Chrono Pack 2 (6 tracks): $4.50 Release: 6/7/23
Robo's Theme
Chrono Cross -Scars of Time-
Wind Scene
Frog's Theme
World Revolution
To Far Away Times

TWEWY Pack (6 tracks): $4.50 Release: 3/15/23
World Is Yours
Your Ocean
Breaking Free
Twister
Calling
Someday

Pack 14 Release: 10/11/23

Nier Pack (5 tracks): $??? (Likely $4 like the Octopath Pack) Release 3/29/23
Dependent Weakling
Weight of the World Kowaretasekainouta - Marina Kawano
Amusement Park
A Beautiful Song
Emil's Shop

Nier Pack 2 (6 tracks): $4.50 Release 4/26/23
Fleeting Words / Outsider
Song of the Ancients / Devola
Hills of Radiant Winds
Kaine / Salvation
Song of the Ancients / Fate
Shadowlord

Octopath Pack (5 tracks): $4 Release 7/19/23
Battle at Journey's End
Primrose, the Dancer
Daughter of the Dark God
Octopath Traveler -Main Theme-
Decisive Battle II

LIVE A LIVE Pack (4 tracks): $3 Release 3/1/23
Go! Go! Steel Titan!
LIVE A LIVE
Birds Fly, Fish Swim
Megalomania

Xenogears Pack (3 tracks): $2.50 9/20/23
Awakening
Blazing Knights
Soaring

Edit: sorted by release date:

At launch: SaGa Pack 1
3/1/23: LIVE A LIVE
3/15/23: TWEWY
3/29/23: Nier Pack 1
4/12/23: SaGa Pack 2
4/26/23: Nier Pack 2
5/17/23: Chrono Pack 1
6/7/23: Chrono Pack 2:
6/8/23: Mana Pack 1
7/19/23: Octopath
8/9/23: SaGa Pack 3
8/30/23: Mana Pack 2
9/20/23: Xenogears
10/11/23: Pack 14
11/1/23: Pack 15

Last edited:

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
After a poster mentioned there were full lists in the Switch client, I transcribed them all since apparently you can't screenshot the eshop for some reason?? Hope your favorites made it!

I did not expect the season passes to go up to November of next year, dang. Also, there is a preorder bonus for 16 profile cards (pretty much whatever). And the premium deluxe edition gets its own rainbow title screen banner lol.

SaGa Pack: $5 Release: At launch
Enraged Battle
Struggle to the Death
The Conflict
Horrible Shadow
Beat Them Up!
Coup de Grace
Passionate Rhythm

SaGa Pack 2: $6 Release: 4/12/23
The Celestial Protectors
Battle #4
Alone
Battle #5
Last Battle -T260G-
Feldschlacht III
Missgestalt
Battle Theme I

SaGa Pack 3: $5 Release: 8/9/23
Ever Higher
Title Screen
Four Sinistrals Battle I
The Ultimate Confrontation (yes this is here twice, idk why, no other qualifier)

Mana Pack 1: $5 Release: 6/8/23
Nuclear Fusion
Battle 2
Swivel
Powell
Meridian Child
Sacrifice Part Three

Mana Pack 2: $4.50 Release: 8/30/23
Darkness Nova
Into the Thick of It
Danger
Meridian Dance
Hometown of Domina
Bejeweled City in Ruins

Chrono Pack 1: $4.50 Release: 5/17/23
Wings That Cross Time
Chrono Trigger
Boss Battle 2
Battle with Magus
Corridors of Time

Chrono Pack 2: $4.50 Release: 6/7/23
Robo's Theme
Wind Scene
Frog's Theme
World Revolution
To Far Away Times

TWEWY Pack: $4.50 Release: 3/15/23
World Is Yours
Your Ocean
Breaking Free
Twister
Calling
Someday

Nier Pack: $??? Release 3/29/23
Dependent Weakling
Weight of the World Kowaretasekainouta - Marinam Kawano
Amusement Park
A Beautiful Song
Emil's Shop

Nier Pack 2: $4.50 Release 4/26/23
Hills of Radiant Winds
Kaine / Salvation
Shadowlord

Octopath Pack: $4 Release 7/19/23
Battle at Journey's End
Primrose, the Dancer
Daughter of the Dark God
Decisive Battle II

LIVE A LIVE Pack: $3 Release 3/1/23
Go! Go! Steel Titan!
LIVE A LIVE
Birds Fly, Fish Swim
Megalomania

Xenogears Pack: $2.50 9/20/23
Awakening
Blazing Knights
Soaring
Thank you soooo much for compiling this

A Beautiful Song and Weight of the World fuuuuck yes. Daughter of the Dark God omggggg. This also seems cheaper than the 3DS games' DLC

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you soooo much for compiling this

A Beautiful Song and Weight of the World fuuuuck yes. Daughter of the Dark God omggggg. This also seems cheaper than the 3DS games' DLC
Very happy to. Now someone else do the harder job of comparing the full tracklist from CC to this lol 🙏

I, for one, am happy there's both renditions of Song of the Ancients.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
So the Deluxe music pack with Eyes on Me, Melodies of Life, etc is Digital Only? Seeing conflicting info that it won't ever be a separate paid DLC add on. Basically means I can't get this game physical? :(

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would rather get this game physical so I hope we aren't forced to buy digital to have Eyes on me, Melodies of Life, etc. Gating main themes feels pretty lame :/

That bit of side, this game was the most hype announcement between both the direct and state of play. Been asking for a new Theathythm for so long - so excited!!

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
See TWEWY songs revealed.
Shame with some of the TWEWY choices or rather lack of.
Would have liked LAST CALL, Transformation, Three Minutes Clapping

Guess there's a chance with the last two packs for more, but seems like they could be for unannounced or bee games.

Oct 27, 2017
I will attempt to perfect every normal and dlc song again, probably. It's been a nice life.

Like how they dropped 'final fantasy' from the title, maybe some DQ music escaping Japan isn't a total crapshoot now. Or maybe the sugiyama estate continues to be a dick about it.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
So the Deluxe music pack with Eyes on Me, Melodies of Life, etc is Digital Only? Seeing conflicting info that it won't ever be a separate paid DLC add on. Basically means I can't get this game physical? :(
I'm not an eshop pro, but the eshop entry for the digital deluxe tracks has no price or description, which means it might not be for separate purchase. The trailer also has a line: "Special songs not individually for sale", where special refers to the deluxe pack. Both have wiggle room, but it doesn't look great imo =/

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
Not gonna lie, if this doesn't have Switch touch screen support, it's going to intensely deflate my excitement for this game.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I did not expect the season passes to go up to November of next year, dang. Also, there is a preorder bonus for 15 profile cards (pretty much whatever). And the premium deluxe edition gets its own rainbow title screen banner lol.

SaGa Pack (7 tracks): $5 Release: At launch
Enraged Battle
Struggle to the Death
The Conflict
Horrible Shadow
Beat Them Up!
Coup de Grace
Passionate Rhythm

SaGa Pack 2 (8 tracks): $6 Release: 4/12/23
The Celestial Protectors
Battle #4
Alone
Battle #5
Last Battle -T260G-
Feldschlacht III
Missgestalt
Battle Theme I

SaGa Pack 3 (7 tracks): $5 Release: 8/9/23
Ever Higher
Title Screen
Four Sinistrals Battle I

Mana Pack 1 (7 tracks): $5 Release: 6/8/23
Nuclear Fusion
Battle 2
Swivel
Powell
Meridian Child
Sacrifice Part Three

Mana Pack 2 (6 tracks): $4.50 Release: 8/30/23
Darkness Nova
Into the Thick of It
Danger
Meridian Dance
Hometown of Domina
Bejeweled City in Ruins

Chrono Pack (6 tracks)1: $4.50 Release: 5/17/23
Wings That Cross Time
Chrono Trigger
Boss Battle 2
Battle with Magus
Corridors of Time

Chrono Pack 2 (6 tracks): $4.50 Release: 6/7/23
Robo's Theme
Wind Scene
Frog's Theme
World Revolution
To Far Away Times

TWEWY Pack (6 tracks): $4.50 Release: 3/15/23
World Is Yours
Your Ocean
Breaking Free
Twister
Calling
Someday

Nier Pack (5 tracks): $??? (Likely $4 like the Octopath Pack) Release 3/29/23
Dependent Weakling
Weight of the World Kowaretasekainouta - Marina Kawano
Amusement Park
A Beautiful Song
Emil's Shop

Nier Pack 2 (6 tracks): $4.50 Release 4/26/23
Hills of Radiant Winds
Kaine / Salvation
Shadowlord

Octopath Pack (5 tracks): $4 Release 7/19/23
Battle at Journey's End
Primrose, the Dancer
Daughter of the Dark God
Decisive Battle II

LIVE A LIVE Pack (4 tracks): $3 Release 3/1/23
Go! Go! Steel Titan!
LIVE A LIVE
Birds Fly, Fish Swim
Megalomania

Xenogears Pack (3 tracks): $2.50 9/20/23
Awakening
Blazing Knights
Soaring

Edit: sorted by release date:

At launch: SaGa Pack 1
3/1/23: LIVE A LIVE
3/15/23: TWEWY
3/29/23: Nier Pack 1
4/12/23: SaGa Pack 2
4/26/23: Nier Pack 2
5/17/23: Chrono Pack 1
6/7/23: Chrono Pack 2:
6/8/23: Mana Pack 1
7/19/23: Octopath
8/9/23: SaGa Pack 3
8/30/23: Mana Pack 2
9/20/23: Xenogears
10/11/23: Pack 14
11/1/23: Pack 15
BREAKING FREE LET'S GOOOO

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'm so happy about this. I own the 3ds versions, but I'm getting this day one. Any word on a physical release?

ps: this is giving me hope for the DQ version.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Doesn't matter sadly if u want physical, you won't ever get the full set of songs without buying digital according to the trailer anyways which is infuriating
It sucks, but I made my peace with that. Just want a cool physical version if possible.
I am happy to tell you that yes there's a physical release and it's up right now on Amazon:

View: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1569796221971349504

Thank you! thank you!
Come February I'm going to blast this on high. :D

dawid22

Oct 30, 2017
Not gonna lie, if this doesn't have Switch touch screen support, it's going to intensely deflate my excitement for this game.

Yes, this purchase very much hinges on that for me as well. I tried the buttons with Curtain Call, but felt weird. I have a stylus ready for this on Switch, so hope it comes with the touch controls.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to wait for final confirmation on if you can buy the game physically and still buy some sort of DLC package that comes with everything or not. I could maybe deal with two or three tracks being exclusive to digital deluxe only, but you would think you could just buy it physically and then just buy the season passes?

Also curious if they're gonna do a CE of some kind, I still use the Curtain Call 3DS carrying case :D

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, this purchase very much hinges on that for me as well. I tried the buttons with Curtain Call, but felt weird. I have a stylus ready for this on Switch, so hope it comes with the touch controls.
The more I think about it, the less likely I see touch being in. There was no mention of it on the JP website that I could discern. I think the KH game didn't have it either. And a PS4 version means it's really, really, unlikely they coded a whole touch screen functionality for just Switch. And the dual direction swipe notes wouldn't work on touch. It's a lot of factors against it.

Silver lining as a "I'm using stylus controls" only player, the added complexity of twinstick + bumpers looks cool. Makes it feel less of a downgrade and slightly more of a sidegrade. Ish.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The asset guide doesn't mention touchscreen, only button + sticks (plus simplified controls)

Oct 29, 2017
USA
No touch screen controls would suck but it wouldn't be surprising. I won't let that get me down though. I've been wanting a sequel for so long. This announcement got me to break out my 3DS for the first time in years.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with no touch controls if there's at least the option of the arcade game's control scheme. Button mode didn't really feel right for me in Curtain Call.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I hate to complain about anything related to this because I'm super excited about the game but as a huge Chrono fan… only one Chrono Cross song? Come on now. That whole soundtrack is amazing.

Apr 19, 2018
Man, I've expressed yearning for a home version of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy to release outside of the 3DS for years, and to now hear that we'll be getting a beefed up release of All-Star Carnival? The dream is real.

It'll be interesting to see how the arcade's gameplay will translate over to the standard Switch/PS4 controller set-up. For those unfamiliar, this is the controller set-up for which the game is going to be based on:

tumblr_ox6nbtLoUv1vltj92o4_540.jpg

CwoVff6UUAA_juB

Assuming both thumbs will occupy both analog sticks on a Switch controller/DualShock for directional inputs, that'd only leave your index and middle fingers for hitting notes on the shoulder buttons -- which to me is going to be a learning curve, as I've trained myself for most button-based rhythm games to use my thumbs.

Last edited:

WhiskeyRose

Mar 8, 2020
Gonna need To The Edge to get in eventually, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ready to drop the money for the most expensive edition.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I own Curtain Call but never played it because I wanted to catch up on all the mainline FF games first.

Should I play that still or just skip to this instead?

Feb 15, 2019
Thank god Fleeting Words made it. That might be my favourite video game song of all time. A bit sad that Emil - Sacrifice didn't make it but otherwise it's a pretty good list of Nier songs.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
There better be Endwalker music in this or I'm gonna be crushed

edit: missed the track list being posted. NOTHING after 5.0 aside from E12's theme? BRUH. WHY. That song isn't even in the top 5 of Eden's tracks.

We're gonna need an XIV dlc pack ASAP

Last edited: