• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I take crowd calendars with a grain of salt but pretty much everything I've seen has the resort as a ghost town. I assume Touring Plans is the most reputable and they're predicting low crowds around that time also (at least up to the week before I'd be going). APs being unblocked + SWGE might throw a wrench in things, but who knows. I don't mind if it's moderately crowded but I'm hoping for extremely new light crowds so I can blitz the resort with a multi day park hopper.
Also take my own preferences into account being having a pass has made me fickle on crowds, haha

Oct 27, 2017
nice ^ I planned a trip to go try out hagrid in mid-September, but after reading about the closures and technical issues we didn't want to take a chance with not being able to get on.

So we're doing food and wine festival for two days (on a Wednesday and Friday) and magic kingdom after hours on Thursday. we're hoping that the crowds won't be too insane.

booked everything already including our fast passes at epcot and our stay again at port orleans which we loved last year.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
nice ^ I planned a trip to go try out hagrid in mid-September, but after reading about the closures and technical issues we didn't want to take a chance with not being able to get on.

So we're doing food and wine festival for two days (on a Wednesday and Friday) and magic kingdom after hours on Thursday. we're hoping that the crowds won't be too insane.

booked everything already including our fast passes at epcot and our stay again at port orleans which we loved last year.

I'd still hit up Hagird's in Sept... By that time most every one is back in school and crowds are light so the ride itself won't be in such a high demand, and hopefully that'll help Universal keep it up and running without any major downtime..

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
Sept is perfect time to visit, second only to the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

My girlfriend and I were planning a trip for 9/10 - 9/15 before our passes expire (Oct/Nov). Luckily, we got into the passholder preview for Galaxy's Edge and I am able to combine it with a work trip the following day. With hotel points, basically made the trip move up a month and cost about $1,500 less.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone in this group ever hit up Disneyland Paris?

I am going to be in Paris in Sept and am planning on hitting it up and was curious if its worth getting the ultimate fast pass option, which seems to be like the Express pass at Universal Orlando...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I am going to be in Paris in Sept and am planning on hitting it up and was curious if its worth getting the ultimate fast pass option, which seems to be like the Express pass at Universal Orlando...
Let me know how Phantom Manor is. I've always wanted to ride that

Oct 27, 2017
I'd still hit up Hagird's in Sept... By that time most every one is back in school and crowds are light so the ride itself won't be in such a high demand, and hopefully that'll help Universal keep it up and running without any major downtime..
I'll keep an eye out on the status of the ride! might hit it up on our "relax" day if that ends up being the case

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I'd convinced my friends to go in September to Florida this year rather than early November, but nevermind, I'm sure we'll still have a blast.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England

I have, twice.

Highlights are Space Mountain (which is completely different from the Orlando one, with a much smoother ride and a steampunk Jules Verne theme), Crush Coaster (an excellent dark coaster that consistently attracts the longest queues in the park), and Phantom Manor (also a different and slightly darker take than the Disneyworld one). I kind of prefer their versions of Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain as well.

Rides have individual fast passes available, except Crush Coaster, so I don't know if you'd need the ultimate one.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have, twice.

Highlights are Space Mountain (which is completely different from the Orlando one, with a much smoother ride and a steampunk Jules Verne theme), Crush Coaster (an excellent dark coaster that consistently attracts the longest queues in the park), and Phantom Manor (also a different and slightly darker take than the Disneyworld one). I kind of prefer their versions of Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain as well.

Rides have individual fast passes available, except Crush Coaster, so I don't know if you'd need the ultimate one.
Phantom Manor having a linear story that ties into Big Thunder Mountain was always interesting to me

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I have, twice.

I think one of the reasons I was looking at the Ulitmate FP was because it comes with the ticket, there is no need to go to each ride's FP kiosk to get one and you can just use when you want to ride the ride, albeit it only once. This FP reminds me of the Express pass that Universal Orlando has, where you can ride any ride in the park once without waiting in the stand-by queue...

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Do Universal often do this kind of thing, or is it unusual enough to 100% be talking about the new gate?

Universal in general doesn't do things like this. The last time they held any sort of media briefing was late 2013 for a complete overhaul of CityWalk and before that in early 2012 for "year to be here" covering upgraded Spider-man, Minions, parade, and nighttime show.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
It would be cool if they tried to replicate the Islands of Adventure preview center for the new park. One of my first memories of Universal even though I was young as hell. I vividly remember the Jurassic Park section was the crated Dino banging it around.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
It would be cool if they tried to replicate the Islands of Adventure preview center for the new park. One of my first memories of Universal even though I was young as hell. I vividly remember the Jurassic Park section was the crated Dino banging it around.

I'd love to see that, but I want it in the Orlando airport. 40m+ guests a year and open it two years before, that's 80 million guests who see it.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Universal in general doesn't do things like this. The last time they held any sort of media briefing was late 2013 for a complete overhaul of CityWalk and before that in early 2012 for "year to be here" covering upgraded Spider-man, Minions, parade, and nighttime show.
Seems fairly open-and-shut then.

Bring on the model!

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
While I am excited to hear/see what they announce I really hope we get a very nice detailed layout of Super Nintendo Land. What we're getting that other parks aren't. What's the same. What might be at all parks but how they may differ due to space. Just general things like that...

I don't think you'll get that, just too early.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Oh, I didn't even realize your were Parkscope. You guys have awesome content on Twitter, lol.

And good article - thanks for that.

Thanks! New pod with Banks Lee and IU on Thursday!

I wonder if the new park is still expected to open in 2023, because thats a super aggressive timeline for an entire new park, especially when they also have a new JP coaster being built, and other enhancements as well

They didn't announce what was *inside* Diagon Alley till a few months before. Even SNW in Japan doesn't have much more than "there's a Mario Kart Ride".

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Universal Orlando just posted this to their IG feed

48417533126_48b3a48b9a_z.jpg

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
So with the big reveal tomorrow, if the rumors are true that there is going to be a central hub, what do you guys want to see as the anchor for the hub? At first I was thinking that either Peach's Castle or even Hyrule (if they add Zelda to SNL) Castle, but then I realized it should be a Universal IP...

So what says you? What structure do you think they should go with for the hub?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So with the big reveal tomorrow, if the rumors are true that there is going to be a central hub, what do you guys want to see as the anchor for the hub? At first I was thinking that either Peach's Castle or even Hyrule (if they add Zelda to SNL) Castle, but then I realized it should be a Universal IP...

A recreation of the empty space where Mii's hang out with the Wii Shop theme on permanent loop

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful

I think it will be a non-interactive structure. Similar to the lighthouse at IoA and the globe at US. I figure it will look something like the logo they teased and it will probably rotate like a perpetual motion statue.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I think it will be a non-interactive structure. Similar to the lighthouse at IoA and the globe at US. I figure it will look something like the logo they teased and it will probably rotate like a perpetual motion statue.
This is pretty much what I'm expecting to be honest.

Something not related to a film but its own thing instead.