• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
That's curious. The line hasn't been long since it fully opened to the public. I straight up walked inside several times just to take pictures and it was a walk up straight to the register

I think this is all to kinda be ahead of the curve for when anyone with any AP can visit, I guess their expecting these to be popular spots

On a side note, I wonder what kind of dedication ceremony they're gonna have for GE at DHS? Maybe bring out the cast of the new trilogy?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is all to kinda be ahead of the curve for when anyone with any AP can visit, I guess their expecting these to be popular spots

On a side note, I wonder what kind of dedication ceremony they're gonna have for GE at DHS? Maybe bring out the cast of the new trilogy?
That's fair. That barrier lifts end of August

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Reservations for Oga's and Savi's at DHS are now open. Disneyland now accepting reservations for Droid Depot.
I check the reservations page for Disneyland (California) and it seems like the Savi's reservations are currently down. All I get is a graphic of the Millennium Falcon flying around.
But I haven't heard of any excessively long lines there so hopefully it'll be OK.

I'll be going to Disneyland in almost exactly 1 month and I'm definitely excited to get a Savi's lightsaber.

It does suck that they currently stopped selling extra pieces (scrap metal), and I hope they have it back by the time I go. I already bought a grip piece from eBay (had a $5 off coupon and it's a piece from a different theme than in planning on getting). I was impressed with how heavy just that piece is (the horizontal strip grip from Power and Control), a fully lightsaber with all the pieces, the middle tube, and the batteries must be substantially weighty.

Might get a Legacy lightsaber too. Just depends on how much money I'm willing to spend, haha.

Oct 25, 2017
I got about half way through and gave up. Seems like the author is a disneyphile and has issues with Mickey now being associated with other, far less family friendly characters.

It's really about astroturfing being used for the purpose of corporate politics, with accusations being made about the people running MiceChat.

Its reliability seems dubious, though. I can't find very much on this author, either, and he appears to have deleted his Twitter account in the wake of this article.

EDIT: I should clarify that it could very well be true, but there doesn't seem to be any way of verifying the claims. And the author did appear to take part in Twitter conversations about Disney's business side.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped as soon as I got to the lines about Deadpool and Lando being a human trafficker ....

redhead-auction-scene-pirates-of-the-caribbean-02252018-1.jpg

ok mister writer

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
D23 Panel reservations were a bit of a clusterfuck but I can do my best to try and make the Parks panel just by waiting.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's sounding like a bit of a slow D23, to be honest.

Interested to see the Epcot remodel, but none of the insiders are talking about any new big announcements.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's not going to happen, but I would love to get some kind of announcement about the WDW monorail system getting new trains in time for the 50th. It always amazes me how DL has better monorail trains and their line is extremely short compared to the monorail system in FL...

I too would also love some sort of news on a SM refurb in WDW that would bring it up to speed with DL. Hyperspace Mountain in DL is amazing and I would love some kind of overlay of that...

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a bunch of park stuff has been announced tonight:

New Moana attraction at Epcot called 'Moana: Journey of Water"

Out at DL, the new Avengers section is going to be called "Avengers Campus"

Also, they announced the name of the Star Wars Hotel. It is called Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser. Disney saying "it's not a hotel, it's an adventure"

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Ride Vehicle for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway as well as the CM's costume for the ride:

ECn2RXDXkAIGzxC

ECn2NgnWwAEmKD7

Also, here are the outfits that the CM's will wear for the Tron Coaster:

ECn2Q1FXkAEXOHY

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Some more concept art shown tonight at D23:

Star Wars Hotel:

ECn-9IDX4AI-U57

Moana Attraction:

ECn-9IcWsAEfBKw

Avengers Campus:

ECn-9IRXkAAJKWE

Epcot:

ECn-9JvXUAA2pti

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
There's so much wrong with Epcot that event a massive overhaul to the park still isn't enough. Test Track 2.0 is hella outdated, Imagination sucks, etc.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
I got about half way through and gave up. Seems like the author is a disneyphile and has issues with Mickey now being associated with other, far less family friendly characters.

That article is from The Spirit of '74 as known on Universal Insider/Laughing Place or WDW1974 on WDWMagic quite high in the company who own the controlling stake in Viacom.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
That article is from The Spirit of '74 as known on Universal Insider/Laughing Place or WDW1974 on WDWMagic quite high in the company who own the controlling stake in Viacom.

I do not care who it is... it reads as if it were written by someone who has no idea what they are talking about, or what the source material is.

I agree with theme park joe on this... needs the trash emoji

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
I liked reading WDW1974's posts on WDWMagic.

That post linked above was...kinda rambling. It sure was fun to watch the fallout from it though!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Gary and Mike Snyder are just vindictive, miserable people who are pissed they never got hired by Disney so they mud sling. There's some truth to that article but the amount of damage he did wasn't worth the ends. He outed two men, he can fuck off.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they changed the policy on "kyber crystals with purchase of a holocron"

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like they changed the policy on "kyber crystals with purchase of a holocron"
Aw come on! I was at Disneyland last Saturday and I still had to buy the dumb Holocron to get an extra crystal. They didn't even have the container for it. :(
Oh well, My fiance and I are planning on getting annual passes eventually so we'll be able to go back pretty soon (we're California residents so it's worth it if we go more than 3 times a year I think). I can always try to sell the holocron too.
Feels like Disney should have known WAY ahead of time that the Crystals would be a massively popular souvenir. Even if you don't get a Lightsaber or Holocron, they're one of the more affordable exclusive things they sell at Galaxy's Edge, they look nice, and there's multiple colors so people will probably want to get more than one.

Galaxy's Edge was definitely cool when we went. I regret that we didn't spend more time there, but we had a lot of other stuff to do and we were only there one day. Didn't do the Falcon ride since it was over an hour wait all day (up to 2 hours at times) and there was no fast pass available for it. But the sets and props and everything looked really impressive.

Nearly missed my Savi's appointment, too. We were eating in downtown Disney for dinner and when we got back to the gates (about 30-40min before the appointment), the entrance was closed for the fireworks and some kind of show (maybe the parade?). Took forever to get into the park and when we did it was a madhouse of people entering and leaving so you could barely move. And then there was ANOTHER show about to start and we had to towards it to get to Galaxy's Edge. Once the crowd cleared we sprinted the whole way there and just barely made it.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lo and behold, D23 was dull.

The EPCOT reimagining looks good, but very thin on substance.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Yawn. Someone I trust says they did "Plan B" for the presentation focusing on SWGE, the ships, and what was already announced instead of debut new things.