• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I feel like just boiling down to the trackless ride part's probably going to do Resistance a disservice. That seems like an overall experience, and the video doesn't really show that.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I am going to be in the parks next week. It is my mission to get on Rise of the Resistance. Hoping that a Thursday afternoon in early Dec is a quiet day at the parks and the line for this will not be over 180min long... or hope they have a single rider queue

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Oct 25, 2017
It just reminds me of Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean but without the water and connecting ocean theme it comes off bland imo.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
ROTR hot takes:

-Goddamn this looks expensive.There doesn't look to be a place like the rat room on IJA or parts of the Forbidden Forest and Chamber of Secrets on FJ where the money seemed to run out. I think it matches Spidey on that level.

-So this is probably the best compete experience ride ever, right? Move over, ToT and Gringotts.

-There's a mindboggling number of effects and moving pieces on this ride. If even one screen, lift, or preshow goes down...hoo boy

-Theming looks to be incredible, and I know this is just based on footage, but I'm worried that the physical thrill will too tame when compared to Spidey, IJA or FJ. Do the RVs even have a motion base? I can't really tell from the footage.

-I'm mixed on the AT-AT room. It's neat how they use the space in there with the lifts, but there's also this weird lull when you first enter. Weren't the walkers supposed to shoot at the RVs on the ground? It seems like the scene is missing a cue or something.

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ROTR hot takes:

-Goddamn this looks expensive.There doesn't look to be a place like the rat room on IJA or parts of the Forbidden Forest and Chamber of Secrets on FJ where the money seemed to run out. I think it matches Spidey on that level.

-So this is probably the best compete experience ride ever, right? Move over, ToT and Gringotts.

-There's a mindboggling number of effects and moving pieces on this ride. If even one screen, lift, or preshow goes down...hoo boy

-Theming looks to be incredible, and I know this is just based on footage, but I'm worried that the physical thrill will too tame when compared to Spidey, IJA or FJ. Do the RVs even have a motion base? I can't really tell from the footage.

-I'm mixed on the AT-AT room. It's neat how they use the space in there with the lifts, but there's also this weird lull when you first enter. Weren't the walkers supposed to shoot at the RVs on the ground? It seems like the scene is missing a cue or something.
I imagine it was extremely expensive. If it didn't bring in crowd numbers they'd probably lose money on this

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
For the opening today, of Rise, the only way to get on the ride was to join the virtual queue they have in the app, which is now closed. You can still visit Galaxy's Edge and wait for the Falcon ride, but if you didn't get into a boarding group earlier today, then you can no longer ride Rise today. At least this is one way to keep the wait time down and not have it balloon up to a 5hr wait...

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
For the opening today, of Rise, the only way to get on the ride was to join the virtual queue they have in the app, which is now closed. You can still visit Galaxy's Edge and wait for the Falcon ride, but if you didn't get into a boarding group earlier today, then you can no longer ride Rise today. At least this is one way to keep the wait time down and not have it balloon up to a 5hr wait...

Is it better? Is it?

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Virtual queue/boarding passes vs traditional lines.

You'll always end up pissing off guests no matter what.

I think the Virtual queue/boarding pass could be beneficial to new rides, as park management can control the wait times and with a ride as complex as this, keep the cycle count down so that its not constantly breaking down from hving to accommodate a 5hr wait of guests

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I think the Virtual queue/boarding pass could be beneficial to new rides, as park management can control the wait times and with a ride as complex as this, keep the cycle count down so that its not constantly breaking down from hving to accommodate a 5hr wait of guests

But it screws over normal guests disproportionately. It's a pick your poison situation.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Standby seems like the better option, if only because people queuing for Rise would at least be locked in that line. It's bad enough to show up at the park slightly after the ride hit capacity for the day, but with virtual line you have the people queued for Rise in the other queues as well while they're waiting for their window (not that there seems to be that many people in the virtual queue overall, but still). Virtual line is also less of a commitment than standby and I could see it potentially hitting capacity faster due to that.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
But it screws over normal guests disproportionately. It's a pick your poison situation.

How does it screw over normal park guests? The virtual queue is open to all park guests and not limited to people staying on property or people who may have purchased a ticket ahead of time... I mean you can not even make a virtual reservation until you are in the park as it goes by your location...

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
How does it screw over normal park guests? The virtual queue is open to all park guests and not limited to people staying on property or people who may have purchased a ticket ahead of time... I mean you can not even make a virtual reservation until you are in the park as it goes by your location...

The park opened at 8am and tickets were out before 830am. That's why.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It doesn't help not all guests will actually be ABLE to join the virtual queue. I'm planning on upgrading my phone soon, but my current phone is just completely incompatible with any Disney parks related apps. Unless there's a browser option they don't mention, uh, I'd be screwed if I went, lol.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
The park opened at 8am and tickets were out before 830am. That's why.

I looked on the app at 9:30pm and I was able to join a boarding group for an evening return... I mean I could not finish cause I was not there, but they were available for a bit this morning. Also, I am sure Disney did not want a Hagrid situation on their hand where on opening day the ride had a 6hr wait...

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'm possibly going to Disneyland in California next March or April....hopefully the crowds have died down a little and I can get on Rise relatively easily.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Rise of the Resistance is probably the best theme park attraction I've ever been on. There are so words to describe how good it is.

I got to Hollywood Studios at 7:15am and got a boarding pass (86) and about 2min after that, they capped the boarding passes.

Around 6pm they called my group and I made my way over and got in line. While in line it broke down once, and they handed out snacks and Chewie walked through the line taking pics. Once the ride started up again it moved pretty quickly and I was just floored!!

Oct 25, 2017
Last episode of Imagineering Story came out today and based on that animatronic testing at the very end,
my first thought is they are trying to create a webswinging Spiderman animatronic

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
While I was down in FL last week I picked up Vader's Legacy Lightsaber from Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities and I have to say, the build quality on this thing is impressive....most impressive (uggh, that was lame... lol) and I love the case that the sabers come in...

Anyway, here are some pics and a video of me testing it out...

49233528642_9798b03297_c.jpg

49233306421_7ff254fcc0_c.jpg

49233528697_7959a6d67b_c.jpg

49232841943_7a80bed671_c.jpg

49232841868_33b4e6253d_c.jpg

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Here are some more pics from my time down in Disney last week...

Here is a video I shot while on Slinky Dog Dash. This footage was shot using the DJI Osmo Action in case anyone was wondering...

I have to say, the theming inside Toy Story Land is amazing. This visit was the first time the land has been open since I was there last and I was in awe of how beautiful and intricate the land was from the erector set style fences to the big sneaker print in the cement, everything made you feel like you were a toy in the backyard.

After leaving Toy Story land and bouncing around parks I was finally called for my group to ride Rise of the Resistance. I did not film anything on there because there are enough POV videos out there and besides I really wanted to enjoy my time on the ride.... Here are some shots I did take while on the ride and I will spoiler tag them as to not ruin anything for people who will be checking it out soon...

49211694481_f57cb9db2f_c.jpg

49228059768_3e14765303_c.jpg

49228752887_873c7900eb_c.jpg

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Here are some more pics from my time down in Disney last week...

Here is a video I shot while on Slinky Dog Dash. This footage was shot using the DJI Osmo Action in case anyone was wondering...

I have to say, the theming inside Toy Story Land is amazing. This visit was the first time the land has been open since I was there last and I was in awe of how beautiful and intricate the land was from the erector set style fences to the big sneaker print in the cement, everything made you feel like you were a toy in the backyard.

After leaving Toy Story land and bouncing around parks I was finally called for my group to ride Rise of the Resistance. I did not film anything on there because there are enough POV videos out there and besides I really wanted to enjoy my time on the ride.... Here are some shots I did take while on the ride and I will spoiler tag them as to not ruin anything for people who will be checking it out soon...

49211694481_f57cb9db2f_c.jpg

49228059768_3e14765303_c.jpg

49228752887_873c7900eb_c.jpg

Any thoughts on Rise?

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Any thoughts on Rise?

It is my new favorite theme park attraction out of any theme park I have ever been too. It easily dethrones Flight of Passage as my favorite ride in FL.

From the moment the ride started to the moment I got off my jaw was on the floor. It truly is an incredible ride and literally puts you in the middle of a movie. It is so immersive that you never even see a show building ceiling... every possible space they had to work with, they worked with and themed it for the ride.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When someone lets their kid drive on Smuggler's Run
giphy.gif

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I was originally planning a trip to LA and Tokyo in March to hit up the Disney parks in both of them, but I think I may put that on old until around October time, depending on how some other things go during the year.

Are there any European (Outside the UK) theme parks people can recommend for around mid-March? (Besides Gardaland/Movieland as I went to them earlier this year)

Oct 25, 2017
Wow seeing people claiming "rumours" that Disney was already considering a theme change to Galaxy's Edge before RotR opened.
The great reaction to it had them thinking against it.
Now after the Rise of Skywalker reaction though I wonder if its back on the table.

Honestly feel like M&G characters would be a potential positive at the very least.
Baby Yoda and Mandalorian would be all over that.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
I was originally planning a trip to LA and Tokyo in March to hit up the Disney parks in both of them, but I think I may put that on old until around October time, depending on how some other things go during the year.

Are there any European (Outside the UK) theme parks people can recommend for around mid-March? (Besides Gardaland/Movieland as I went to them earlier this year)
Besides the obvious Disneyland Paris answer, Efteling in the Netherlands is really nice. I've only been there during the summer though so not sure about March.

PhantomFFR

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna, Austria, EU, Earth

Aside from the already mentioned DLP, if Port Aventura near Barcelona hasn't gone down a lot since I was there last ... 15 years ago... it deserves a visit or two. Though it apparently is on winter break until the last week in March.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Besides the obvious Disneyland Paris answer, Efteling in the Netherlands is really nice. I've only been there during the summer though so not sure about March.
Aside from the already mentioned DLP, if Port Aventura near Barcelona hasn't gone down a lot since I was there last ... 15 years ago... it deserves a visit or two. Though it apparently is on winter break until the last week in March.
Forgot to mention I'm already going to Disneyland Paris in September with some friends!

I've heard several radio adverts in the UK for Efteling lately so might check that out. Aventura might be a bit late if it's end of March as was hoping to get away for my birthday weekend in mid-March.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Wow seeing people claiming "rumours" that Disney was already considering a theme change to Galaxy's Edge before RotR opened.
The great reaction to it had them thinking against it.
Now after the Rise of Skywalker reaction though I wonder if its back on the table.

Honestly feel like M&G characters would be a potential positive at the very least.
Baby Yoda and Mandalorian would be all over that.

It's such an absurd rumor, it's not happening at all. Zero percent.

I think there's more ambient things that need to be added but it's not actively bad, like Pandora is.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Knotts Platinum Pass and dining. Not bad for $31.50 a month. I live 5 mins away from Knotts so 2 free meals a day for the entire year was too good to pass up.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my Knotts Platinum Pass and dining. Not bad for $31.50 a month. I live 5 mins away from Knotts so 2 free meals a day for the entire year was too good to pass up.
I re-upped my standard pass and got my friend a pass for Christmas. my renewal was $89 for the whole year and the new one was $99. Not bad at all, even if I rarely go