• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I re-upped my standard pass and got my friend a pass for Christmas. my renewal was $89 for the whole year and the new one was $99. Not bad at all, even if I rarely go
Yeah all the passes are insanely cheap and no block outs. Wanted that free parking so went for platinum lol. Now I'm set for my Orange County parks. I work at DLR. Btw I've already tested Rise 3 times and it lives up to the hype.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm going to Galaxy's Edge in March (late March) and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips or tricks? I'm only going for 2 days, so trying to make the best use of my time.

I do have reservations for the Droid Depot, Cantina, and Savii's.

The thing about the Cantina is that I chose an 8:05p timeslot, but I noticed that the app says the park closes at 8:30 that day, but the website acts like dinner is served in the cantina till 9:00p, so I assume it's open later than the park itself?

The other thing is that I thought the park was opened earlier so I reserved the Droid Depot at 9:15a but I noticed that the park actually opens at 9:00a that day. Is that enough time given they want you to be there 15 minutes before your reservation? How does that work if the park opens at 9:00a? Just worried about lines to get in and whatnot.

I'm here mainly for the Star Wars merch but also wouldn't mind riding both of the rides as well.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm going to Galaxy's Edge in March (late March) and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips or tricks? I'm only going for 2 days, so trying to make the best use of my time.

I do have reservations for the Droid Depot, Cantina, and Savii's.

The thing about the Cantina is that I chose an 8:05p timeslot, but I noticed that the app says the park closes at 8:30 that day, but the website acts like dinner is served in the cantina till 9:00p, so I assume it's open later than the park itself?

The other thing is that I thought the park was opened earlier so I reserved the Droid Depot at 9:15a but I noticed that the park actually opens at 9:00a that day. Is that enough time given they want you to be there 15 minutes before your reservation? How does that work if the park opens at 9:00a? Just worried about lines to get in and whatnot.

I'm here mainly for the Star Wars merch but also wouldn't mind riding both of the rides as well.
If you've already got all your reservations, get ready to virtual queue and/or head for the rides immediately at rope drop, then once you've done those you can hang around the marketplace area until it's time to do something else. Galaxy's Edge itself doesn't have a ton going on that isn't shopping or the two rides. There's also Galaxy's Edge brand merch in Tomorrowland that doesn't get sold in the land itself because of theming (you're not gonna find stuff labeled "Disneyland: Galaxy's Edge IN the land itself)

Have fun.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
If you've already got all your reservations, get ready to virtual queue and/or head for the rides immediately at rope drop, then once you've done those you can hang around the marketplace area until it's time to do something else. Galaxy's Edge itself doesn't have a ton going on that isn't shopping or the two rides. There's also Galaxy's Edge brand merch in Tomorrowland that doesn't get sold in the land itself because of theming (you're not gonna find stuff labeled "Disneyland: Galaxy's Edge IN the land itself)

Have fun.

Thanks! Yeah, I think my plan is to start going there from the hotel at 6-6:30a and then I'll hopefully be able to enter the virtual queue and make my 9:15a reservation to Droid Depot. I only have Saturday as a full day.. Friday I won't be able to get to the park until 10:30a or so.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Brehs this sounds nuts. People that get into collecting coins and fighting bosses could probably spend hours and hours in SNW. Add Orlando's three rides on top of that and Universal is gonna be getting longer and longer hotel stays out of people to see everything. Kinda brilliant. Wonder if this is a new direction for them and if every land in Epic Universal will try this hard to really capture people and keep them there for an extended period of time.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
It opened an hour late so it "only" took an hour to break down. Reportedly Rise was down for three hours at DHS today. Boarding Passes really hide when the ride is down.

It was down for 4hrs at DHS and then it was up and then went down again for almost another 1.5hrs.

You can always tell when the ride is down by looking in the app and seeing that there are no groups being called at the moment.

As of right now (5:20pm ET), they are only up to group 53 at DHS and the park closes at 8pm. Normal groups ended at 115 today and backup groups start at 116. Looks like Disney is going to be giving out a lot of fast passes for tomorrow, which means that the boarding groups for tomorrow are most likely going to be harder to get.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was down for 4hrs at DHS and then it was up and then went down again for almost another 1.5hrs.

You can always tell when the ride is down by looking in the app and seeing that there are no groups being called at the moment.

As of right now (5:20pm ET), they are only up to group 53 at DHS and the park closes at 8pm. Normal groups ended at 115 today and backup groups start at 116. Looks like Disney is going to be giving out a lot of fast passes for tomorrow, which means that the boarding groups for tomorrow are most likely going to be harder to get.
DLR is doing backup groups right now.

Also the lines for everything else are crazy low so I'm guessing no one from those crowds stuck around.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
DLR is doing backup groups right now.

Also the lines for everything else are crazy low so I'm guessing no one from those crowds stuck around.
It was dead all day. Seems crowds left if they didn't get a boarding pass. And yeah I've only heard of 2 breakdowns that happened today. So launch day went fairly smoothly.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rise of the Resistance is incredible.

That 7am quiet that happens when every guest is refreshing the app is a neat thing too.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Which version did you ride? East or West? If it was West, what time did you get to DL?

East, Disney World.

I got there at 5:30 AM, but I had a friend literally arrive at 6:50 AM and got into the park just fine to have the exact same chance at the app that I did when boarding passes opened, and it was a Saturday. It really does seem that you just need to be in the park by 7 AM, at least on the east coast, to have the same shot as anyone else in getting a boarding pass.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
East, Disney World.

I got there at 5:30 AM, but I had a friend literally arrive at 6:50 AM and got into the park just fine to have the exact same chance at the app that I did when boarding passes opened, and it was a Saturday. It really does seem that you just need to be in the park by 7 AM, at least on the east coast, to have the same shot as anyone else in getting a boarding pass.

That's the same for the west coast too. Just be in the park about 5-10 minutes before hand. It helps if you're there earlier on the East as a bunch of the more popular rides (Slinky, SR, etc) get a big wait in the morning from the crowds.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
East, Disney World.

This is kinda reassuring. Going in May and it's going to be a herculean effort to get my mate up and at the park for 7am even for one day so I'm super anxious to be sure we get a pass when we do it. Good to know we don't have to grab a Lyft from the hotel at like 5am or whatever, since I'm guessing Disney bus transport will be prepared for the concept of people rolling up early for this and needing a ride. Kinda hoping Runaway Railway is used to divide the crowd between one or other.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's the same for the west coast too. Just be in the park about 5-10 minutes before hand. It helps if you're there earlier on the East as a bunch of the more popular rides (Slinky, SR, etc) get a big wait in the morning from the crowds.

That's true, but then at that point you're just changing when you wait. If you get to the park an hour early just to save about an hour in the Slinky Dog line, you still waited an hour (and woke up earlier to do so).

Lord bless the Skyliner, it's the perfect compliment to the boarding pass system. Got my boarding pass, rode a few Hollywood Studios rides, then rode that Skyliner to Epcot to enjoy FARTs while waiting for my group to be called.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda reassuring. Going in May and it's going to be a herculean effort to get my mate up and at the park for 7am even for one day so I'm super anxious to be sure we get a pass when we do it. Good to know we don't have to grab a Lyft from the hotel at like 5am or whatever, since I'm guessing Disney bus transport will be prepared for the concept of people rolling up early for this and needing a ride. Kinda hoping Runaway Railway is used to divide the crowd between one or other.

Getting to the park on time isn't the anxious part. Just get to the gates by 6:50 AM and you're golden.

The anxious part is getting those boarding passes right at 7:00 AM on the app. Everyone in the park is refreshing that app in eerie silence, and regular passes are pretty much gone by 7:02 AM. If you have any app/phone/group difficulties, you're in a bad spot and are probably going to have to settle for a backup group and that's an unfortunate spot to be in.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta drop by Disneyland at some point for the KH3 pins. I don't plan on getting on RotR until like the middle of the week

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also, the line for this new AP magnet for Festival of the Arts was really long, but it's probably my favorite AP variant they've made.

wdw-epcot-2020-epcot-festival-of-the-arts-passholder-magnet-635x600.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
That's true, but then at that point you're just changing when you wait. If you get to the park an hour early just to save about an hour in the Slinky Dog line, you still waited an hour (and woke up earlier to do so).

Lord bless the Skyliner, it's the perfect compliment to the boarding pass system. Got my boarding pass, rode a few Hollywood Studios rides, then rode that Skyliner to Epcot to enjoy FARTs while waiting for my group to be called.

But you're waiting an hour before the park opens. Opposed to waiting an hour when the park is open and there's other things to do.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got through the main gate of Disneyland yesterday at 1 minute to opening. Ended up in Group 11 on my first try. Since they were doing the groups, the interior of the ride was virtually empty, but even then it took like 5 minutes to walk through the entirety of the queue. They definitely planned that thing out to accommodate several hour lines.

First things first: I knew a few things about the ride because I'd read up on some brief summaries and seen some videos, but I hadn't paid attention to the whole ride videos in-depth just to maintain some level of mystery. I was surprised that the ship part of the queue actually moved. I appreciate the integration of ride vehicle motion, animatronics, and screens. I noticed that there was a separate set of ride vehicles that were empty, moving in time on the opposite end as us. I'm guessing that the ride's been designed to have more cars running but those ones aren't ready yet for whatever reason. That first entry into the Star Destroyer hangar was breathtaking. The room is massive and they have full scale TIE fighters on the walls. Plus all those stormtrooper animatronics casually looking you over as you move into the next area. This was also my first trackless ride and I gotta say that experience didn't disappoint. It was cool seeing our path diverge from the path of the group in the 2nd vehicle.

Overall I loved it. Solid 9/10

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Also, the line for this new AP magnet for Festival of the Arts was really long, but it's probably my favorite AP variant they've made.

wdw-epcot-2020-epcot-festival-of-the-arts-passholder-magnet-635x600.jpg
Woah that's a good one. I don't think I've posted here yet but glad my dumb ass found this OT. I kinda like how big the Pluto one from Flower and Garden last year is. I also love this year's food and wine chef Minnie lol. Edit: Last year's (2019) ugh.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Im guessing they'll launch the spidey-animatronic behind the marvel photo ops/avengers campus off-stage somewhat so occasionally as you're walking by you'll see Spider-Man in mid-air/'striking a pose'?

The animatronic will land off stage in a net like in the Imagineering story and then either will be reloaded or a second one/cannon will launch it back in the other direction for different kinetic movement in the land.

spitballing here lol but seems doable and will add good kinetics to avengers campus.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Fool me once shame on you. I'll believe this is a permanent addition once it happens. With the Dragon and x wing drones I don't think it'll be a nightly thing. Let's see.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Disney revealed that animatronic from Imagineering story.

I AM SO HIGH, I CAN HEAR HEAVEEEEEEN

Speaking seriously though I'm surprised they couldn't do something like this for Galaxy's Edge. Like have miniature ships on ziplines flying overhead. It'd be so much easier to pull off than making a Spider-Man animatronic, don't you think?

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Im guessing they'll launch the spidey-animatronic behind the marvel photo ops/avengers campus off-stage somewhat so occasionally as you're walking by you'll see Spider-Man in mid-air/'striking a pose'?

The animatronic will land off stage in a net like in the Imagineering story and then either will be reloaded or a second one/cannon will launch it back in the other direction for different kinetic movement in the land.

spitballing here lol but seems doable and will add good kinetics to avengers campus.

They will supposedly be launching that Stunt animatronic from the crane attached to the Spider-Man building, hence why you see Spiderman right next to it in the concept art.

gjxv0E8.png

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017

The operators of the nearly century-old Toshimaen amusement park in Tokyo are in talks for the complex to be used by the Tokyo government and US entertainment giant Warner Brothers.

Toshimaen is one of the largest amusement parks in the Metropolitan region. It opened in 1926, and has been a family favorite ever since, with attractions including roller coasters, a swimming pool and an ice rink.

Warner Brothers is also reportedly in talks to use the rest of the land to build a theme park based on the Harry Potter series. Negotiations could wrap up by the spring of 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I really really really don't think there's really any talks going on. And if so I'd bet a lot of money Universal Studios Japan has a freaking airtight contract for this sort of thing.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
I really really really don't think there's really any talks going on. And if so I'd bet a lot of money Universal Studios Japan has a freaking airtight contract for this sort of thing.

Guess it wouldn't really be a theme park, even though it'd replace one :P

The U.S. film distributor is discussing opening a park featuring reproductions of sets of Harry Potter films, the source said.

It would be similar to "Warner Bros. Studio Tour London -- The Making of Harry Potter," a facility in London that lets visitors experience the wizardly world through costumes, sets and props, the source said.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
So my wife & I booked our trip to Orlando for the end of June. I'm super excited to go back we last went in 2018 and stayed at universal. This year we're staying at Disney so hopefully it will be an as equally enjoyable experience 🤞. I just have one question about Galaxy's at edge. So the new attraction Rise of Resistance basically is booked as soon as the park opens? Doesn't seem really fair because it seems like no will be able to go on this ride.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So my wife & I booked our trip to Orlando for the end of June. I'm super excited to go back we last went in 2018 and stayed at universal. This year we're staying at Disney so hopefully it will be an as equally enjoyable experience 🤞. I just have one question about Galaxy's at edge. So the new attraction Rise of Resistance basically is booked as soon as the park opens? Doesn't seem really fair because it seems like no will be able to go on this ride.

Just be in the park when it opens and have the app open and ready to go on your phone at the minute of park opening, and you should get a boarding pass without too much issue.

TouringPlans has charted it since opening. Even if something goes wrong and you only get a Backup Boarding Group, you got a very good chance of getting onto that ride later in the afternoon / evening.

457dc7b33001c40038a84eb6b23fdb23882e1f51.png

126d2479012890524771e14ac11fd64baad2f2c5.png

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

Congrats you're going to have a blast! Both resorts are world class, they both have their strengths and weaknesses that you'll find out.

Remember that you can book dining reservations NOW and can book FastPasses for your stay starting 60 days before the start of your vacation.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Just be in the park when it opens and have the app open and ready to go on your phone at the minute of park opening, and you should get a boarding pass without too much issue.

TouringPlans has charted it since opening. Even if something goes wrong and you only get a Backup Boarding Group, you got a very good chance of getting onto that ride later in the afternoon / evening.

457dc7b33001c40038a84eb6b23fdb23882e1f51.png

126d2479012890524771e14ac11fd64baad2f2c5.png
Congrats you're going to have a blast! Both resorts are world class, they both have their strengths and weaknesses that you'll find out.

Remember that you can book dining reservations NOW and can book FastPasses for your stay starting 60 days before the start of your vacation.
Thank you both for the help 😁

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
After massively procrastinating on what to do I ended up booking myself a trip to Disneyland Paris again in March. Will be there just in time for the last week of Star Wars season.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
went to orlando this week, got boarding group 8 on Wed for Rise, and got front row of hagrids on monday. Both are fantastic rides, also got super lucky gaming the FP+ system and never waited in a regular queue (out side of falcon ride), pretty great week overall.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Some updates:
  • Yesterday was the last day of operation of Innoventions Plaza and Electric Umbrella. Now the only front entrance to Epcot is to the west, between SSE and The Seas. Final prep for the removal of Innoventions West is proceeding along with major refurbishment to Innoventions East.
  • CM previews for Mickey & Minnie will run Feb 22 - March 2, with a media preview on March 3.
  • Space 220 in Epcot is delayed again due to a construction mishap where a custom piece of glass was destroyed. I swear that section of Epcot is cursed.
  • No updates on Rat at this moment, but I expect Disney to talk about it on March 3.
  • Coronavirus impact on the domestic parks is currently being debated, current rumors are Avengers E Ticket and M&M at DLR are on hold, WDW hours and show times are reduced, and impact on future WDW projects will be known this week.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Cindy is getting a much needed makeover:

disneyparks.disney.go.com

Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort to Receive Royal Makeover

It’s an exciting day here at The Most Magical Place on Earth — Walt Disney World! For those who I haven't met yet, my name is Jason—and I have the incredible honor of leading the team at Magic Kingdom Park, a place I hold very near and dear to my heart.

I've never liked the post-2006 colour scheme so this is much needed in my opinion.