• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
New stuff coming to Tokyo DisneySea in 2022:
https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201806/6151/

The Oriental Land Company, the owner and operator of the Tokyo Disney Resort, today announced with The Walt Disneu Company a major expansion of its Tokyo DisneySea theme park, which will add a new themed port and a hotel.

The 250 billion yen (US$2.27 billion) project will take over the surface parking area behind Tokyo Disneyland, across from the Sheraton hotel. The new DisneySea "port" (aka land) will be accessed by a pathway between the current Arabian Coast and Lost River Delta ports and will include three mini-lands, devoted to Frozen, Tangled, and Peter Pan.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know Splash Mountain was any different at WDW. Cool, I'll have to ride it.
It's got paired seating instead of the bobsled seating the DLR one has.

We have the better POTC though. And even though they aren't the same thematically, Indiana Jones Adventure > Dinosaur. Speaking of which, the ride is out of refurb so the redhead changes must be done. Gotta check it out

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
The waits for Toy Story Land are absolutely hilarious.

Disney once again did something on the cheap, they half assed the theming. Just look at the fences, 1/4 of itis themed, and then they gave up and just put up lime green fences.

No shade, only 1 shaded and air conditioned queue, no indoor merchandise options, no indoor food options = disaster in the Floridian sun.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Went to Liseberg today and rode the 3 coasters they had. The new Valkyria one still not opened :p

Dg81bwcX4Ac0CLI

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
How's everyone enjoying Toy Story Land? Gonna try to do a late trip, end of November like I did last year

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
The waits for Toy Story Land are absolutely hilarious.

Disney once again did something on the cheap, they half assed the theming. Just look at the fences, 1/4 of itis themed, and then they gave up and just put up lime green fences.

No shade, only 1 shaded and air conditioned queue, no indoor merchandise options, no indoor food options = disaster in the Floridian sun.

The line for just entering Toy Story Land alone is to the Chinese Theater.

It's openong day give it a week or so.

Plus the rest of the park is empty. Everyone is in the new land. Likely won't bump *actual* attendance (excited to see 20% increase according to TEA though!)

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
People going to things on opening day must be crazy, where's the fun in crowds like that? I dread to think what the wait time must be for the Slinky coaster.

Oct 25, 2017
People going to things on opening day must be crazy, where's the fun in crowds like that? I dread to think what the wait time must be for the Slinky coaster.
Im thinking of going to Florida's Star Wars land opening day just to experience how ridiculous it could possibly be.

Depends on how my finances are though, if I can afford an additional full regular vacation a bit later than that.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im thinking of going to Florida's Star Wars land opening day just to experience how ridiculous it could possibly be.
If it's anything like Disneyland's Diamond Celebration, this will amount to not even being able to get through the gate, much less the land or even the park, and that's way too much commitment to the joke.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Walls are going up in Jurassic Park in IOA for a new coaster. Should start construction in August, I can see them finishing it by spring 2020.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
I know it's early but is anyone going to Halloween Horror Nights this year? Booked my trip for late October and I'll be staying on site for the first time. Pretty stoked, it's been a few years and I've yet to see London/Diagon Alley as it was under construction when I last visited.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's early but is anyone going to Halloween Horror Nights this year? Booked my trip for late October and I'll be staying on site for the first time. Pretty stoked, it's been a few years and I've yet to see London/Diagon Alley as it was under construction when I last visited.

I'm planning on going to the Hollywood one. They always close Wizard World for it but I'm hoping we get some Death Eater/Dementor stuff going on this year

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

I'm going early October, can't wait. And you'll love Diagon.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017

I love HHN. I went last year because it was the final year of the Bill & Ted Halloween show (they should've never gotten rid of it) and every house was awesome. I do have one Pro-tip for you, if your budget allows it, get an Express Pass for HHN. With this pass you bypass all the standby lines for the houses (which can get up to 3hrs long) and you'll get to hit them all plus some rides in a single night.

Also, one other thing I did was when I was buying the HHN tickets last year I saw that there was a ticket you could buy was super cheap, but that you needed to enter in the barcode from a Florida Coke can. I googled Florida Coke Can barcode and HHN and sure enough I found a site with a ton of barcodes. I entered one in and BOOM! I got the discount...

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Was able to get a time slot for the Disney AP Preview for Toy Story Land during our September trip.

I'll be curious to see just how "limited" it is.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
The other day I rode The Flying Dinosaur at Universal Studios Japan for the first time... damn that thing was interesting! I haven't been to many roller coasters so I don't know how it compares to other stuff, but it was pretty... exciting :P
Anyone else been on it? I guess not too many people have been to USJ, but still...

Edit: This is the ride:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The other day I rode The Flying Dinosaur at Universal Studios Japan for the first time... damn that thing was interesting! I haven't been to many roller coasters so I don't know how it compares to other stuff, but it was pretty... exciting :P
Anyone else been on it? I guess not too many people have been to USJ, but still...

Reminds me of a slightly more tame Tatsu

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My GF and I are starting to plan a trip to WDW Florida for May 2019. Any tips and tricks for people on a budget?
Since we're coming from France, we'd like to be able to see everything there is in the parks, some sort of guide of how we should use our time there (we're planning for 7 days of WDW and 2 days of Universal Studios) would be appreciated!

Oct 25, 2017

US Sixflags have Superman Ultimate Flight

Love that style.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
My GF and I are starting to plan a trip to WDW Florida for May 2019. Any tips and tricks for people on a budget?
Since we're coming from France, we'd like to be able to see everything there is in the parks, some sort of guide of how we should use our time there (we're planning for 7 days of WDW and 2 days of Universal Studios) would be appreciated!

Well you have the benefit of the Euro being stronger than the USD, so it's like a 17% discount as of right now.

Also it's dependant on how much do you want out of a resort. If you are fine with just a place to sleep at night, the new Pop Century refurbed rooms are really nice at the price (100-120$) per night.

Make sure you buy your tickets in advance and link them to your My Disney Experience APP so you can get your FP+ reservations in as soon as possible. 30 days for non-property staying guests, 60 for people staying on Disney property.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017

If you decide to stay on property at WDW, and you have a decent budget for this trip, you might want to look into staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Its one of the nicest deluxe resorts on property. If you have a modest budget, then stay at Pop Century. Either way, if you stay on property make sure you download the My Disney Experience app onto your phone and link your tickets. If you do this, you'll get to select FP+ choices 60days out instead of 30 days. ANother thing is to look and see when magic hours are. This allows you to either go to a park early in the morning before normal crowds or stay later at night. I'd also suggest getting a ticket for a water park.

As for Universal, if you stay there, Cabana Bay is a gorgeous hotel that is moderately priced and is super close to Volcano Bay water park (which you must check out). As for park tickets, since you only have two days there I would suggest getting the 2-Day/2-Park pass so that you can use Hogwarts Express to go between the parks.

If you have any other questions shoot me a PM

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

Buy the Unofficial Guide to WDW, I've sworn by it since 1999. It will answer most of your questions and give you the best advise out there. Use the touring plans, show up at park opening, and make sure to take breaks!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
If you're going in May, try to keep away from labor weekend (I think it's called that).

I made that mistake a couple years ago and boy were those parks busy for the week leading up to it.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
If you're going in May, try to keep away from labor weekend (I think it's called that).

I made that mistake a couple years ago and boy were those parks busy for the week leading up to it.

May is Memorial Day

Sept is Labor Day

But yes, Stay away from going on Memorial Day or any day around it...

Oct 25, 2017
Went to California Adventure today with some family. I miss the old Gary Hoey soundtrack on what's now Incredicoaster, but it's still a very fun ride.

Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters is also quite fun, though I think it's the weakest of the Cars Land rides.

Couldn't get around to trying Guardians of the Galaxy.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Went to California Adventure today with some family. I miss the old Gary Hoey soundtrack on what's now Incredicoaster, but it's still a very fun ride.

Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters is also quite fun, though I think it's the weakest of the Cars Land rides.

Couldn't get around to trying Guardians of the Galaxy.

How are the effects on the new incredicoaster? Some say they are cool, and others say they are cheesy...