• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't even a real "Monte Cristo" also it apparently took too long to make since they had to make the french toast first, then assemble the sandwich.

The menu options in TSL are interesting... you are supposed to be a toy in Andy's Backyard... why would a Monte Cristo even be in a kids lunchbox?

They should be selling things you'd find in a lunch box, like the grilled cheese sandwich and the tomato soup, but they should also sell things like apple slices, or chips, or chocolate milk, just things you'd find in a kids lunchbox.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
The menu options in TSL are interesting... you are supposed to be a toy in Andy's Backyard... why would a Monte Cristo even be in a kids lunchbox?

They should be selling things you'd find in a lunch box, like the grilled cheese sandwich and the tomato soup, but they should also sell things like apple slices, or chips, or chocolate milk, just things you'd find in a kids lunchbox.

Why would a kids lunch box have BOOZE?

To throw in my two cents here, I heard the Monte Cristo was having a very high level of substitutions with the sandwich it was hard to make/not appealing to guests. I could see it coming back with a new recipe and some things replace.

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question about Disneyland,
so im planning a trip and was just looking at all the extra little side activities.

Is the Adventureland Juju hunt still a thing or is it long gone, don't see anything about it after 2014.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
also have quick question: when do you guys think tron and the mickey roller coaster will open at WDW?

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As well as our Wdw 2019 trip we have booked our first trip to California this October, going to do Disneyland and thinking of doing Knott's Berry farm as well, looks like a nice family park from what I've seen

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I used to love riding the Enterprise at Great Adventure... I think they got rid of it years ago for something else....

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I've not been to WDW for 10 years, but it's insane just how expensive the tickets have become. £419 for 2 weeks is crazy.

The rest of a trip works out to be cheaper if anything.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
As well as our Wdw 2019 trip we have booked our first trip to California this October, going to do Disneyland and thinking of doing Knott's Berry farm as well, looks like a nice family park from what I've seen
Knotts Berry farm has gotten way better. Alot of more coasters, their 4d voyage ride is great. They also a deal if i remember for $30 it's a free meal every 1.5 hours. In October it's Knotts Scary Farm too.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
I've not been to WDW for 10 years, but it's insane just how expensive the tickets have become. £419 for 2 weeks is crazy.

The rest of a trip works out to be cheaper if anything.

I don't think that's very expensive at all...that's £30 a day.

I will give you if you are going for 1-3 days, the tickets are highway robbery, but if you are staying 7+ days the ticket price bottoms out and is very reasonable

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's going to get worse soon with price hikes and variable pricing for multiday tickets incoming.
I'm not at all surprised.

I don't think that's very expensive at all...that's £30 a day.

I will give you if you are going for 1-3 days, the tickets are highway robbery, but if you are staying 7+ days the ticket price bottoms out and is very reasonable
It's the amount it has been going up that I find insane more than anything.

Back in 2015 it was only £275, so it's gone up £144.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Awww, that sucks. I really liked that stunt with the falling character engulfed in flames.

So the only thing left at Lost Continent is Poseidon's Fury and the Mythos restaurant which, while very aesthetically appealing, doesn't feel like its long for this world anymore.

More room for Potter.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
It was a pretty quality stunt show.

tenor.gif

It's like voted one of the worst attractions at the resort.....

Awww, that sucks. I really liked that stunt with the falling character engulfed in flames.

So the only thing left at Lost Continent is Poseidon's Fury and the Mythos restaurant which, while very aesthetically appealing, doesn't feel like its long for this world anymore.

More room for Potter.

It's not going to be Potter. If we get another Potter expansion it'll be Fear Factor Live.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

It's like voted one of the worst attractions at the resort.....

I certainly don't think it was the reason to go to the park, but it was a good time to sit down and rest. I've always enjoyed kitschy theme park stunt shows and Sindbad was pretty solid. I remember The Wild Wild Wild West stunt show being more entertaining, but that was a long-ass time ago.

Indiana Jones is certainly the best theme park stunt show I've seen. I hope Disney keeps that one around.

The Batman show at Six Flags Over Georgia closed over a decade ago and the arena and set is still just sort of there. They've left one of the stunt Batmobiles out in the middle of the park and it still has the hinged fin that snaps off after getting shot in the show. The show was never really good, but it seems nuts that they haven't done anything with the area. Six Flags Over Georgia, I guess.

Edit: Apparently they do use the arena for special event shows. It's sort of in an awkward part of the park to do that though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly don't think it was the reason to go to the park, but it was a good time to sit down and rest. I've always enjoyed kitschy theme park stunt shows and Sindbad was pretty solid. I remember The Wild Wild Wild West stunt show being more entertaining, but that was a long-ass time ago.

Indiana Jones is certainly the best theme park stunt show I've seen. I hope Disney keeps that one around.

The Batman show at Six Flags Over Georgia closed over a decade ago and the arena and set is still just sort of there. They've left one of the stunt Batmobiles out in the middle of the park and it still has the hinged fin that snaps off after getting shot in the show. The show was never really good, but it seems nuts that they haven't done anything with the area. Six Flags Over Georgia, I guess.

Edit: Apparently they do use the arena for special event shows. It's sort of in an awkward part of the park to do that though.
Im still amazed they never either
1. tore it down considering that area could probably fit multiple rides in it.(especially for such a popular section of the park)
2. rebooted the show and attempted the Batman Begins era stunt show.

screen_shot_2014-08-29_at_12.png

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
There was a pretty decent documentary about Alton Towers and the launch of their new wooden coaster, the Wicker Man, on channel 4 last night here in the UK. It was quite fascinating to get a glimpse into the behind the scenes of the planning and development of a big new coaster.

Also refreshing to see a documentary about theme parks on prime time television because it so rarely happens.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Six Flags announced their 2019 lineup in an, um, wonderfully stupid way

Maxx Force looks kind of wild, a very interesting way of fitting another big ride in Great America, but I wonder how well it will work. I know S&S has had some trouble with their compressed air launches, but I hear they're incredible when they work. The little bump immediately after the launch looks messed up though.
West Coast Racers looks like a plain fun ride, although it's absurd that they are getting another mobius dueling coaster. Shame that it looks like it's going to have OSTRs, but should still be a very exciting ride to watch
Larson superloops suck and I'm sad seeing so many more of them

Zoso

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, so much cringe in that Six Flags announcement. The 2 new coasters look pretty decent at least.

Carowinds unveiled Copperhead Strike for 2019.

Packs quite a bit into a small package. Reminds me of Maverick in that regard.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Six Flags announced their 2019 lineup in an, um, wonderfully stupid way

Maxx Force looks kind of wild, a very interesting way of fitting another big ride in Great America, but I wonder how well it will work. I know S&S has had some trouble with their compressed air launches, but I hear they're incredible when they work. The little bump immediately after the launch looks messed up though.
West Coast Racers looks like a plain fun ride, although it's absurd that they are getting another mobius dueling coaster. Shame that it looks like it's going to have OSTRs, but should still be a very exciting ride to watch
Larson superloops suck and I'm sad seeing so many more of them

The only real eye catching coaster for me in that video was the West Coast Racers at at Magic Mountain...

My home park, Great Adventure is getting another carnival style ride in that Lasso of Truth, and this year we got the Cyborg Spin and I think before that we got that Justice League indoor ride... I think we're due for a proper coaster.

Some of their other parks are getting that horrible looping ride that we've had a GA for a few years and I hate that Six Flags calls it a coaster, when clearly it isn't.

I'm glad to see that they are putting their name on smaller Wet & wild water parks as well as some more local amusements parks that may get more love now since they are under the SF brand...

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Great Adventure needs more than just coasters. It's got two world class rides in El Toro and Nitro.

I agree, I just wish they weren't carnival style spin rides.

Great Adventure needs dark rides (or at the very least prevent light from bleeding into Skull Mountain so damn much).

I hate that ride... I went on one year and some asshole kids in the front of the train were somehow able to get a soda on board and at some point in the ride they let it go and everyone in the back of the train got plastered with soda. When that train got back into the station I almost beat some 12yo kid's ass...

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Finally went to Harry Potter at universal Hollywood. Pretty awesome area and by far the best part of the park. Cold Butterbeer >>> Hot Butterbeer

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This WDW fastpass+ thing isn't for me. Was booking reservations about a week out and it's super deflating to click on Animal Kingdom for example and seeing that everything is taken for Flight of Passage and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Much preferred the old system where you had to be in the park to grab a time. I don't know who really wants to rigidly schedule their vacation a large number of days out because even thinking about it now has me anxious and constantly second guessing myself on ride choices and times.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
This WDW fastpass+ thing isn't for me. Was booking reservations about a week out and it's super deflating to click on Animal Kingdom for example and seeing that everything is taken for Flight of Passage and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Much preferred the old system where you had to be in the park to grab a time. I don't know who really wants to rigidly schedule their vacation a large number of days out because even thinking about it now has me anxious and constantly second guessing myself on ride choices and times.

I only try to get FP+ for rides that I know are going to have a very long wait time, which at the moment is Flight of Passage, the horrible river adventure ride in Pandora, and the new Toy Story land stuff. Everything else, the lines are all managable...

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
Disney's entire fast pass system has really deterred me from ever wanting to visit that park anymore.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I only try to get FP+ for rides that I know are going to have a very long wait time, which at the moment is Flight of Passage, the horrible river adventure ride in Pandora, and the new Toy Story land stuff. Everything else, the lines are all managable...

Fastpases for Flight of Passage were all gone on the day we we're planning on going. Nothing good for Test Track at Epcot either.

So it seems the best way to book fastpasses is as far out as possible (30 days for non resort guests), which not only requires you to plan the trip and purchase tickets that far out in advance, but you're also committing to a specific ride at a specific time almost a month out. That seems insane to me for what should be a fun, stress free vacation.

Edit - to clarify, I don't mean to imply that there should be zero strategy involved. I just think they're taking it too far with how far out you have to plan to get fast passes at convenient times or even to get them at all. Like at Universal, I can just show up on whatever day and as long as my plan is solid I should be good. But with Disney World you have to plan super far out to optimize your strat and heck, even if you still get on those rides with standby you're still going to feel bad for missing the fast pass.

Last edited:

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm looking 30 days out for Animal Kingdom which is a fuckin Wednesday in November and there are no fastpass times for either Flight of Passage or River Journey

'The fuck outta here with this shit

Edit - also no Mine Train fastpasses 30 days out. This system...

Last edited:

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking 30 days out for Animal Kingdom which is a fuckin Wednesday in November and there are no fastpass times for either Flight of Passage or River Journey

'The fuck outta here with this shit

You can look 60 days out and it'll be the same thing. Flight of Passage is THE most popular ride in WDW right now, so the FP's for it are gone in a matter of seconds... The last time I was there which was a few weeks ago, the line was around 80min long, which is nothing considering it used to be over 200min long.

Also, The Na'vi River Adventure ride is pure garbage and if the line is longer than 5min, skip it. Its just an all around horrible boat ride.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been hearing rumors that jedi training academy at Disneyland is going away

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
You're not the first one I've heard say this.

It feels like it's meant to appeal to the more obsessive type that meticulously plans vacations a month out. And there's nothing wrong with that form of planning, but to encourage and reward that as a standard for all guests seems to miss that the average person wont want to think that specifically and over that length of time.

I get why they're doing it. It's to predict capacity so they can staff accordingly, right? But the guest experience doesn't benefit from that.

The old fastpass system and Universal's method for virtual lines on Fallon and Supercharged is much more convenient are less stressful imo.

Oct 27, 2017
But it doesn't force people to use the system does it? People can just wait in line which has been the standard or if you're the type of person who likes to pre-plan then it allows you to so so. Maybe I don't understand it but luckily I'm not the one planning our trip.

We're going in December and my s/o is taking the lead. Staying 1 night in the animal kingdom and the rest of the time in port orleans. doing animal kingdom > both universal parks > hollywood studios > epcot > and then disney springs (I know we're at least already booked at morimoto asia)

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The system is more available to people now with preplanning, you get three per day upfront and way more rides support it now than before, so standby lines should be adversely affected.

Like it's just total insanity to me that high capacity people eaters like Pirates and Mansion support FP+

Last edited:

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
Problem is all the fast passing ends up making the regular lines significantly longer

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Disney followed the same business model as Six Flags and Universal where you can choose to purchase an express pass that would allow a single one time use at each ride, or an unlimited pass for more money. This may help curb the FP+ system where rides that people might want to go on are capped and they end up having to wait in a 2+ hr line.

I also wish that Disney would adopt a single rider line for ALL Of their rides, and not just on Everest (are there more single rider rides in WDW?), and like Xtortion mentioned above adapt a virtual queue system that will allow you to just walk to a ride, select a ride time, and then come back when its your turn, and not have to pay any additional fees to use it.

The other issue is that Disney has already spent well over a billion dollars on the FP+ system in Florida and so I doubt they are going to abandon it anytime soon.

My personal issue with FP+ is that you can still only select 3 rides per day and they all have to be in the same park. I wish that you could select 3 or more rides per day for different parks. If you have a hopper ticket the FP+ system locks you into that park for the day if you have ride resversations there, which screws you out of hopping from park to park to park.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The tier system for like, Epcot where you have to pick between Soarin and Test Track for example also isn't a great experience. I get why it has to exist but it just feels bad having to pick between two fastpasses you want.

Feeling bad is my main takeaway from FP+. It feels bad to have to book so far out when plans can always change without warning, it feels bad to try and book only a few days in advance and see that everything is gone, and it feels bad to have to pick between different rides in the same tier. Even if it functions correctly, I can't say it's an empowering experience in any respect.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
The tier system for like, Epcot where you have to pick between Soarin and Test Track for example also isn't a great experience. I get why it has to exist but it just feels bad having to pick between two fastpasses you want.

Feeling bad is my main takeaway from FP+. It feels bad to have to book so far out when plans can always change without warning, it feels bad to try and book only a few days in advance and see that everything is gone, and it feels bad to have to pick between different rides in the same tier. Even if it functions correctly, I can't say it's an empowering experience in any respect.

Yes, I hate this new tier system. I just want to pick 3 rides, but yes I understand why they did it as I am sure people like me were always picking the 3 most popular rides in the park.

I dont mind reserving stuff 30 (or 60 days out if you stay on property) days out, but as you mentioned, plans can change and if something does change and you decide to go to a different park that day, then you're pretty much SOL if you have to try and pick a new set of rides, especially if you try to do so a few days before your visit.

I also think that NEW rides at WDW, rides like Flight of Passage or Slinky Dog or Toy Story Mania, and the soon to be Galaxy's Edge should be exempt from the FP+ system for at least 6 mos. Since these are currently the most popular rides in all of WDW no one guest should be able to have a leg up on other guests with a FP+ just because they are staying on property and someone else is not. I think these rides and any new rides that come online in the future, should just be a standby only queue for 6 months.