• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Screamscape posted a rumor that DL may be getting a version of the Beauty and the Beast ride currently under construction at TDL, but to make room for it at DL they are going to need to remove both Pinocchio's Daring Journey and Snow White's Scary Adventure.

I am an east coaster, so this doesn't really affect me, but wondering how your west coaster who go to DL alot feel about this...

http://screamscape.com/html/disneyland.htm#Beauty

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Screamscape posted a rumor that DL may be getting a version of the Beauty and the Beast ride currently under construction at TDL, but to make room for it at DL they are going to need to remove both Pinocchio's Daring Journey and Snow White's Scary Adventure.

I am an east coaster, so this doesn't really affect me, but wondering how your west coaster who go to DL alot feel about this...

This doesn't make sense as the ride building is much larger than those two rides. I bet several rumors are being mixed up.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't make sense as the ride building is much larger than those two rides. I bet several rumors are being mixed up.

I assume you mean the ride building in Tokyo? As for DL, perhaps they are going to take over those two rides, and then add to the show building somehow, or perhaps reconfigure the ride layout to fit within those two ride show buildings... as long as they do not get rid of Mr. Toad I do not care. As someone who visits WDW exclusively, I am still feeling the sting of them removing that ride in WDW and giving it to Pooh.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
if that artwork is legit, that ride is going to have some of the best theming I've ever seen in a theme park attraction.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the Potter coaster meant to be opening relatively soon? They're being very quiet about it, even by Universal's standards.

Yeah, HEAVY Th13teen vibes off that art.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I love Th13teen, one of my favourite rides at Alton Towers.

I even have a resin for it who sits alongside his best buddy, Bowser.

(apologies for the large pic)

g3ydMFn.jpg

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Tbh because of galaxy's edge my Disneyland time is gonna be lessened a bit.

Edit: didnt read the whole thing. Nah I wouldn't be down for the removal. Replace the red rose tavern if you need room, though that wouldn't be enough

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
JUST ANNOUNCED: Join Hagrid as you fly far beyond the grounds of Hogwarts castle on a thrilling roller coaster ride that plunges into the paths of some of the wizarding world's rarest magical creatures, coming to #WizardingWorldOrlando on June 13, 2019.
Hagrids-Magical-Creatures-Motorbike-Adventure.jpeg

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Ah, that explains why WDW just announced a refurbishment to the entrance area of EPCOT, and a new attraction/play area to fill the Wonders Of Life pavilion.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Hmm, I wonder what the soft opening schedule will look like for the Hagrid ride. Was planning a graduation trip with my brother for May but I'm tempted to push it out even though it'll be June crowds and absolutely insane for the new ride opening.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Hmm, I wonder what the soft opening schedule will look like for the Hagrid ride. Was planning a graduation trip with my brother for May but I'm tempted to push it out even though it'll be June crowds and absolutely insane for the new ride opening.

At this point I've been hearing late May softs. But I wouldn't be surprised if that turns into early June softs.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
https://wdwnt.com/2018/10/sse2yearclosure/

I know I'm late, but is Spaceship Earth really supposed to close for two and a half years? I'm supposed to go for the first time this time next year. Of course it would.

That is the rumor. They (WDW) want to really, really overhaul the ride. CLean up a lot of scenes, replace some older outdated scenes, and change the decent back down to the loading/unloading area, and also change the narrator to someone new.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
That is the rumor. They (WDW) want to really, really overhaul the ride. CLean up a lot of scenes, replace some older outdated scenes, and change the decent back down to the loading/unloading area, and also change the narrator to someone new.
It'll never happen, but I'd love if they brought back Jeremy Irons.

I loved his narration.

Also I really do worry Disney will put IP into the ride, but hopefully not.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
It'll never happen, but I'd love if they brought back Jeremy Irons.

I loved his narration.

Also I really do worry Disney will put IP into the ride, but hopefully not.

From what I have read the extent of the refurb is to clean up a lot of the scenes, repair or update ride vehicles, repair or update some of, if not most of the track system, and then possibly remove some scenes and add in some new ones that are more current to where we are nowadays with tech and possibly add something with regards to future tech...

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Not so much an attraction, but its in a theme park, so I figured I post about it...

https://blog.universalorlando.com/w...uI6SqfW39edC9bHnz-qPoaivxcMf4&linkId=64076110

TODAY-Cafe-Coming-to-Universal-Studios-Florida-1.53.50-PM-1170x731.jpg

The TODAY Cafe is coming to our neck of the woods this spring! Inspired by NBC's long-running morning show, the new cafe will make you feel as though you have stepped onto the TODAY set with unique theming and specialty items./QUOTE]

The venue is designed to look and feel like Studio 1A in New York City where TODAY broadcasts daily. Vibrant orange awnings and large floor-to-ceiling windows will line the outside of the cafe, as well as outdoor seating meant to look like the TODAY plaza.

The TODAY Cafe will offer a specialty coffee blend, made exclusively for the venue, featuring locally-roasted private label coffee. You'll be able to sip handcrafted cappuccinos, espresso, lattes, iced coffee and more while chowing down on pastries, made fresh on-site daily, for the perfect breakfast and afternoon pick-me-up.

And, inspired by the fourth hour of TODAY, there will be wine and beer on tap, as well as a delicious cheese platter for two. Plus, one of the standout features of the TODAY Cafe menu will be seasonal dishes inspired by a TODAY personality.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017

This new land is going to be 100% insane! Also, if people though the lines for Flight of Passage and Na'Vi River Journey were long, just wait until this new land opens... I fully expect the Millenium Falcon ride to have a consistent wait time of 2+ hours once it opens...

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
This new land is going to be 100% insane! Also, if people though the lines for Flight of Passage and Na'Vi River Journey were long, just wait until this new land opens... I fully expect the Millenium Falcon ride to have a consistent wait time of 2+ hours once it opens...

I mean that ride will likely have actual capacity. *upside down smiley face*

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
The Smugglers Run ride has a choose-your-own-adventure quality that allows your actions to determine the outcome of the mission.
"They really are in control of the ship. It's a completely interactive experience," Trowbridge says. "If [gunners] don't fire and hit that TIE Fighter, maybe you'll get some shocks and take some damage on the ship and then you've got to fix it." That's the job of the flight engineers, seated in the back, who will have to push buttons to extinguish fires or redirect power. "And if [pilots] don't fly right to avoid that oncoming mountain, your ship is going to smash into that wall," Trowbridge says. "You're truly in control of what happens on your mission."

Oh boy... I can't wait to get grouped with a bunch of people from another country who speak no english and have no idea that their actions control the outcome of the ride, and they just sit there and do nothing... I wonder how many other SW nerds like me are going to be mad if and when this happens?

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
All the Star Wars stuff sounds great, but as I'm reading it all I can think about is how horrific the crowds are going to be.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All the Star Wars stuff sounds great, but as I'm reading it all I can think about is how horrific the crowds are going to be.
Time to lay low in knotts and universal until the crowds go back to normal
Universal just announced this today....

AR-190229657.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66

Seems to be a new night time projection show on the castle.

https://www.tampabay.com/fun/harry-...-loom-in-new-universal-studios-show-20190228/
I would hope that means they'll actually do something with wizarding world for HHN

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Time to lay low in knotts and universal until the crowds go back to normal

I would hope that means they'll actually do something with wizarding world for HHN

Well, HHN in Florida is usually in the Universal Studios Park and not the Islands of Adventure park. Maybe in Hollywood...

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I meant in Hollywood. The article mentioned both parks. Hollywood closes Wizarding world off during HHN

Ahh ok. I figured they were doing it in both parks, but the link was a Tampa newspaper so I was not sure they even made mention of the Hollywood park.

I have never been to HHN at the Hollywood park... where do they usually setup the houses? Is it in the lower section of the park in the soundstages? Or do they shoe horn them into buildings that are not currently being used for anything?