• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh ok. I figured they were doing it in both parks, but the link was a Tampa newspaper so I was not sure they even made mention of the Hollywood park.

I have never been to HHN at the Hollywood park... where do they usually setup the houses? Is it in the lower section of the park in the soundstages? Or do they shoe horn them into buildings that are not currently being used for anything?
The usual setup is one house in waterworld's queue, one in their little center area, the terror tram across the Bates Motel and war of the worlds sets in the backlot, one in Jurassic Park's queue, one behind The Mummy, and 2-3 in the Metropolitan set in the studio backlot.

Most are in tents/facades built over those areas. To my knowledge the only one that has taken place in a soundstage was AVP (and house of horrors before they removed it but that was year round. It just got updates during HHN

You access the backlot through a tunnel in the lower lot that's usually set up as a scare zone (it was the purge a few times)

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So above 205ft, faster than 74MPH, and steeper than 90 degrees are all required to take those records from Steel Vengeance.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This Frozen Ever After queue is quite something

and by something I mean nothing

send help

Edit - well that was just about the bumpiest boat ride I've ever been on. Decently fun, though.

Last edited:

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Whats the odds that Disney announces an official opening date for Galaxys Edge at this years D23? I mean is that pretty much a given?

Also, I was watching a new video from these travel vloggers I like, and they were over at Universal Studios Japan and they have a really cool JP coaster there... It's the same ride type like Manta at Sea World or SuperMan at Six Flags Great Adventure, where you get in and the seats are pulled up toward the roof of the ride vehicle... anyway, I wonder if that is the type of coaster we'll get at Islands of Adventure, or if they are going to go with something truly unique...

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Whats the odds that Disney announces an official opening date for Galaxys Edge at this years D23? I mean is that pretty much a given?

Also, I was watching a new video from these travel vloggers I like, and they were over at Universal Studios Japan and they have a really cool JP coaster there... It's the same ride type like Manta at Sea World or SuperMan at Six Flags Great Adventure, where you get in and the seats are pulled up toward the roof of the ride vehicle... anyway, I wonder if that is the type of coaster we'll get at Islands of Adventure, or if they are going to go with something truly unique...

Which one? DLR will be open by the time D23 occurs, I think they'll announce the DHS one before then too.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, let me clarify about my earlier comment about an opening date for Galaxys Edge at D23... I was referring to the FL version, as all we know so far is its "Late fall"

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, let me clarify about my earlier comment about an opening date for Galaxys Edge at D23... I was referring to the FL version, as all we know so far is its "Late fall"

That's a pretty weird decision for those planning vacations because it only gives you a few months heads up, but I guess they figured that people would be taking their vacations in winter after it opened so it's fine.

Oct 25, 2017
With D23 in August I think we will know by then regardless.
Its too big/important to hold for the event as well(unless its pushed to something like November)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone talking about "oh cool I'm definitely going week 1!" And I'm sitting here like
giphy.gif

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Well here is some info for people who want visit between May 31 and June 23. Disney is going to require you to sign up for a no cost reservation to visit the land. Spots are first come. first serve, so you know its going to book super fast.

Also, I just read that the Rise of the Resistance attraction is not opening with the rest of the park and is currently listed as "Later this year." How do you open a new major land and now have one of your major E-Ticket Attractions ready for opening day? I wonder if this will be the case with the WDW version, since that is opening 3 months later...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Disney is going to require you to sign up for a no cost reservation to visit the land. Spots are first come. first serve, so you know its going to book super fast.
If previous reservation experiences are any indication
giphy.gif

Also that's not gonna stop the crowds in the park itself, just that land. People will still show up to try and sneak a peek at it
Also, I just read that the Rise of the Resistance attraction is not opening with the rest of the park and is currently listed as "Later this year." How do you open a new major land and now have one of your major E-Ticket Attractions ready for opening day? I wonder if this will be the case with the WDW version, since that is opening 3 months later...
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Pixar Pier?

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Wait

Rise of the Resistance is delayed?

Erm

Uh

Yeah, they said on the earnings call that they are opening the land early because of the huge guest interest, so they appear to be opening it in phases... Phase 1 will be May 31st with Smugglers Run only and then "Later this year" is Phase 2 with the other attraction.

I assume this will be the same as FL, but all they mentioned was DL...

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So now there's going to be a huge influx of people not only for the grand opening, but also for the ride when it opens D:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm both excited for and dreading the fact that the Star Wars area will be open when I visit Florida in November.

At this point I'm fully expecting to enjoy the scenery and that's it..

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm both excited for and dreading the fact that the Star Wars area will be open when I visit Florida in November.

At this point I'm fully expecting to enjoy the scenery and that's it..

I am in the early stages of planning a visit in early Dec... I just want to be able to get into the land and get close enough to the falcon to take a picture of it.... :D

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I got the knotts pass when it was cheap so o can just go there

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Tomorrow new info drops on Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure, should be getting a pre-filmed video and some other assets (ride vehicle, at least one AA, etc).

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I watched that Hagrid video today...

They did not show much of the ride at all... just an overview of what you can expect. When they said it will hit speeds of up to 50mph I thought that was cool. Also, like the fact that you can ride on the motorcycle or in the sidecar.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess there isn't as much news and rumors for Universal as there is for Disney, and so he probably went weeks and months without anything, and so the channel just kind of died.. oh well
Its kinda crazy how much milage people get out of Disney news.
DIS Unplugged is another example, there is never a time when there isn't some news worth discussing(and they fill out nearly hour long podcasts for both Land and World weekly)

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Its kinda crazy how much milage people get out of Disney news.
DIS Unplugged is another example, there is never a time when there isn't some news worth discussing(and they fill out nearly hour long podcasts for both Land and World weekly)

I know... Disney fans would listen to a 90min podcast on a new minnie van that was put into service... its crazy how rabid they are for news...

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
Going in late September- early October. Keeping an eye on fastpass reservations for Star Wars land but do we know if they are even going to be up there? Also looking into getting into Disney Pins with my girl since she loves pins and it will be our first time going together anything I should be on the lookout for?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Going in late September- early October. Keeping an eye on fastpass reservations for Star Wars land but do we know if they are even going to be up there? Also looking into getting into Disney Pins with my girl since she loves pins and it will be our first time going together anything I should be on the lookout for?

We usually don't know what new pins are releasing more than a month in advance. This might be of some help in keeping an eye on that
https://disneypinsblog.com/

Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea the precursor of a staple ride at my local Six Flags actually inspired Splash Mountain at Disney

pretty cool

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone done the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK? Should we book our fast passes for after it ends? What rides do they take you on?