• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
14964.jpg

Nancy house is a lock though. Of course.

Why not? Blumhouse has the rights

I think it could happen but there's no desire right now. I do think the property has some potential and the setting has A LOT of potential.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone done the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK? Should we book our fast passes for after it ends? What rides do they take you on?

I had a friend who did it, and I he said that they take you on Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise... So you can save FP+ by not trying to get it for those two attractions.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be in Central Florida in a few weeks, and I really can't pass up the chance to go to WDW. Gonna be my first time going solo, so I wonder how that's gonna be. On the one hand I'll probably miss my family, but on the other I imagine it'll be so liberating to just do what I want when I want.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be in Central Florida in a few weeks, and I really can't pass up the chance to go to WDW. Gonna be my first time going solo, so I wonder how that's gonna be. On the one hand I'll probably miss my family, but on the other I imagine it'll be so liberating to just do what I want when I want.

90% of all my visits to WDW have been solo. It is quite liberating to wake up and go to whatever park you want, ride whatever you want, eat whatever you want and not have to worry about someone's else's schedule, or what they want to do...

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Ooph. Yeah, that Ant-Man ride looks terrible. Everything is so stationary and generic. It doesn't even look as good as Astro-Blasters. What a disappointment.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little baffling that Disney has said nothing of Haunted Mansion's upcoming 50th

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even realize it would be 50, but you're right August 1969.

I wonder if they'll do something with/at/announced at D23 this year.
I don't fully know if I'm going this year but I HAVE been watching the news on it. I think I've only seen an art/costume contest mentioned. Plus that seems a little last minute for celebration announcements because the official anniversary is also in August alongside D23

Midsummer Scream already announced theirs

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Other than that, Horror Made Here (WB's HHN equivalent) was canceled. Idk if that means they're open to giving universal licensing privileges for The Conjuring and IT

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Other than that, Horror Made Here (WB's HHN equivalent) was canceled. Idk if that means they're open to giving universal licensing privileges for The Conjuring and IT

What I read was it's taking a year off? If cancelled it seems they'd want to be quite about it not send an email out.

Making a profitable event is hard.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even realize it would be 50, but you're right August 1969.

I wonder if they'll do something with/at/announced at D23 this year.

Yeah, if they were going to do something for the 50th, I doubt D23 would be the place they would announce since it takes place at the same time as the actual 50th of HM...

Maybe it'll go down for a few weeks and they'll hang banners inside the ride celebrating the 50th... Maybe in the ballroom scene, as it would give the ghosts reason for dancing and celebrating...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would be awesome if they announce that long speculate Haunted Mansion restaurant even if its a ways out.
As much as I'd love this, where would they put it? There isn't enough room unless you want to get rid of the courtyard and relocate the entrance to the train station, or just retheme the restaurant across from it.

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'd love this, where would they put it? There isn't enough room unless you want to get rid of the courtyard and relocate the entrance to the train station, or just retheme the restaurant across from it.
Not sure about Disneyland but the speculation for World seemed to have a good location
haunted-mansion-restaurant-location.jpg

along with haunted dock theme leading you around back and into the actual restaurant.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like there was first talk of it like 5+ years ago, kicked up from the massive success of Be Our Guest.
Then back in 2017 it really picked up but soon after Pandora opened, Tron got announced, Galaxy's Edge got into full gear and the new speculation about Dinoland being replaced in Animal Kingdom(potentially with Indy taking over Dinosaur) it went silent.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Hey I helped with that article! lol

I think Universal will continue to use the characters till around the contract is up then make an approach on another IP for the area.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll end up in the same situation as Islands of Adventure is with Marvel. Springfield is too far gone to stop now

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly wouldn't mind all that much if they got rid of both the Simpsons stuff and the Men in Black ride and convert that area into a new, large exciting area for.. something.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly wouldn't mind all that much if they got rid of both the Simpsons stuff and the Men in Black ride and convert that area into a new, large exciting area for.. something.

They're not going to get rid of those areas and invest in something big because they are going to have the Fantastical Worlds park opening in a few years and I am sure they do not want to drop a ton of $$$$ in one of their current parks to retheme two areas... I can see them maybe re-skinning the MIB right into some other IP...

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
They're not going to get rid of those areas and invest in something big because they are going to have the Fantastical Worlds park opening in a few years and I am sure they do not want to drop a ton of $$$$ in one of their current parks to retheme two areas... I can see them maybe re-skinning the MIB right into some other IP...

They might update MIB to coincide with the new Chris Hemsworth film I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
They might update MIB to coincide with the new Chris Hemsworth film I suppose 🤷‍♂️

That I could see them doing.... heck, they may not do anything at all, who knows at this point. I mean right now they have Hagrid's ride, the new JP coaster ride, and an entire 3rd park to contend with...

Oct 25, 2017
Im going to be broke from Galaxy's Edge before it even opens.
That Galaxy's Edge Ahsoka plush and replica sabers are immediate purchase as soon as they go up(among others)

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Im going to be broke from Galaxy's Edge before it even opens.
That Galaxy's Edge Ahsoka plush and replica sabers are immediate purchase as soon as they go up(among others)

If I end up at WDW this fall (looking at early Dec) and I can get into Galaxy's Edge, I think I would actually build my own saber... Now, mind you, I do not currently own any of the retail sabers and have never really wanted to, but there something about this whole process that is appealing to me...

Oct 25, 2017
If I end up at WDW this fall (looking at early Dec) and I can get into Galaxy's Edge, I think I would actually build my own saber... Now, mind you, I do not currently own any of the retail sabers and have never really wanted to, but there something about this whole process that is appealing to me...
probably will as well, but just looking at them at celebration.
I have to get Ahsoka's, then I saw the temple guard saber today which was another must buy.
debcd835-e52b-4cbc-ae24-0a2050df6727-jpeg.364840

seems it will be the only way to get a yellow saber.

They also said something about the "button" determining the basis of your custom saber design. I wonder if we pick it or if it is random.
The Offensive and defensive buttons that lead to the ancient saber designs seem much cooler than the other custom.
08d7a368-3d00-467f-a44c-0545ce2b141a-jpeg.364842

if we pick im definitely going for that button.

I love Star Wars but don't own any sabers, I might end up with 4 after my trip to Galaxy's Edge.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

Lightsaber bases start at $109 and to add a blade it's $49. I'm having a hard time justifying that.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightsaber bases start at $109 and to add a blade it's $49. I'm having a hard time justifying that.

They showed what the light sabers would look like on the SW Show from Celebration and they looks nice. They showed Ashoka's Lightsabers and it seems they come in a nice case with the characters insignia on it...

first-look-lightsabers-star-wars-galaxys-edge-1.jpg

first-look-lightsabers-star-wars-galaxys-edge-4.jpg

first-look-lightsabers-star-wars-galaxys-edge-7.jpg