• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
era001tpsv8.jpg

bera0023ssgt.png

bera0038bsxp.png

bera004yrsqe.png

bera005mzs4v.png

bera006zysep.png

era007avkqm.png

Requested by Goldrusher :)

Last edited:

Goldrusher

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Flanders, BE
<reserved for maybe some links and bits eventually>

But for now, this will do.
A big thanks to 7threst for adopting me and posting the thread! :p

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering when this thread would pop up.

Been playing Disneyland Adventures on Windows 10, and while it's not exactly a great game, it's a great recreation of Disneyland Park circa 2011.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for making the thread :)
I was at Phantasialand this week-end in Germany (near Cologne, where the Gamescom takes place) and it was really really fun.
I was blown away by Chiapas and River Quest, two water rides that are really fun (and extremely wet ! Wasn't not that great with 6°C) and Black Mamba and Taron, the later one now being my favorite coaster ever !
Also, Klugheim is awesome. Just listen to that shit:

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Phantasialand really is amazing.
I really was surprised, it was my first time there and everything up to "main street" screamed CHEAP at me, but once you get to the "Lands" (Fantasy, Mystery, etc.) and try out the coasters, it's a whole new world (no Disney pun intended) !

Now I can't wait to go to Disneyland Paris for the 5th time this year on Dec. 7-8, we've booked a room in the Disneyland Hotel since it's my GFs birthday :)

Goldrusher

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Flanders, BE
Yeah, the main street is pretty much the only area left of the original park. Once they had no more room to expand, they started demolishing old rides and lands to build new ones. And all of those look amazing.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah sure, I'll subscribe to this thread. And grace you with a video of the 2nd year of World Of Color: Season Of Light.

The Goofy decorating segment to TSO is so good. Some of the best work Disney has done.

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, and Sandusky.

----------

The new forum allows for youtube embeds. I'll post some POVs of lesser known roller coasters. These pack a punch!

Oct 25, 2017
Just throwing this out there, but if Disney-Fox deal goes through, that there is a possible way to rebrand Disney Hollywood Studios. Change the name to Disney-Fox Studios, come with some Planet of the Apes and Ice Age attractions, hell, they could revive ExtraTERRORestial Alien Encounter as just a straight-up Alien attraction like it was originally intended.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
So glad I PM'ed goldrusher, as I was about to make a new OT for Theme parks.

Anyway, I was going to post my trip report back at the other place, but then it all went to crap, and I didn't know about this thread till just now, so here is a quick TR for my most recent jaunt down to WDW.

I went down in Oct for a few reasons:

1. to see family
2. Halloween Horror Nights
3. Avatar: Flight of Passage
4. Jungle Trek VIP tour at Animal Kingdom.

1. Family is good. Thanks for asking. lol

2. Halloween Horror Nights was, as always, awesome. I am sad that this was the last year for the Bill & Ted show, as it was always a must see for me whenever I was down there.

3. Avatar: Flight of Passage. This ride is AMAZING! It's like Soarin....on crack! The first time I went on, I waited about 2.5hrs, and when I got to the loading area I found out that one entire theater broke down, so they were only loading one side of the ride, and so I got a free fast pass to use on anything in the park. I highly recommend you ride this thing if you find yourself down in Disney anytime soon. Conversely, I do not recommend you ride the River boat ride, as it is the dumbest, most boring thing I ever sat through. Thank god I had a FP for that, because I only waited like 5min to get on, but the standby line was around 80min... poor bastards. Seriously, avoid this thing at all costs, unless the standby is like no wait, or 5min. Then go on and see how bad it is for yourself. Anyway, back to that free fast pass I got. I used it to ride Flight of Passage again, and it was worth it!!! Hopewfully at some point they'll open the Single Rider line....

4. Jungle Trek VIP tour was great. It was worth the $$$ to experience it, but I'll never do it again, since it never really changes. If you haven't experienced this tour, I can not recommend it enough. So much fun!

Ok, thats my report.

:)

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still emotional over the loss of Bill & Ted.

I have to assume that this was the last year because Universal is going to bulldoze that area and turn it into some sort of Harry Potter expansion... its the only logical choice I can come up with as to why they would get rid of one of their most popular HHN shows....

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me and the wife might be heading to Paris next year. Is Disneyland Paris worth a visit? Keep in mind we've never been to a Disney park before.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I have to assume that this was the last year because Universal is going to bulldoze that area and turn it into some sort of Harry Potter expansion... its the only logical choice I can come up with as to why they would get rid of one of their most popular HHN shows....

No. But yes too. It's comolicated.

B&T cost A LOT to produce and run every year. A lot. So removing B&T opens up spending for houses and new shows. At the same time I know the Ministry is coming sometime. Before Nintendo? After? Not sure. But it's coming. Even then I'm still going to miss the show.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I remember playing the Blackpool Pleasure Beach scenario in RCT and being fascinated with how everything was just stacked on top of everything else.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
So, California Screamin shut down for good the other day to being its change over to the Incredi-coaster. Seems like they are going to be enclosing the covered sections to make tunnels out of them and will be adding some Incredibles themed elements to them. It also looks like they will be adding a tunnel toward the end of the ride that does not currently exist at all... probably some sort of final themed element to finish the story that the new ride is going to tell...

As an east coaster, I do not get to DL as often as others, so I look forward to seeing this new themed land when they are finished with the change over from Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Is Alton Towers that place that built a steam punk style coaster? if so, that place looks awesome and I'd love to go there someday.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh ok.... welp, maybe I'll skip alton towers since I am pretty attached to my legs.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So, California Screamin shut down for good the other day to being its change over to the Incredi-coaster. Seems like they are going to be enclosing the covered sections to make tunnels out of them and will be adding some Incredibles themed elements to them. It also looks like they will be adding a tunnel toward the end of the ride that does not currently exist at all... probably some sort of final themed element to finish the story that the new ride is going to tell...

As an east coaster, I do not get to DL as often as others, so I look forward to seeing this new themed land when they are finished with the change over from Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier.

They're also adding an Edna thing to the start.

Also soon Star Tours will change. One line will be Episodes 1-6 and the other line will be Episodes 7-8. That's happening before May.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
They're also adding an Edna thing to the start.

Also soon Star Tours will change. One line will be Episodes 1-6 and the other line will be Episodes 7-8. That's happening before May.

I also read they are going to be enclosing some of the sections of the coaster to make tunnels that will have some sort of effects on the inside as you ride through... should be a pretty cool upgrade when done.

Goldrusher

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Flanders, BE
!!!

The Walt Disney Company announced a €2 billion expansion plan for Disneyland Paris including a transformation of Walt Disney Studios Park, with 3 new areas based on Marvel, Frozen and Star Wars.

PARIS, February 27, 2018 – Today, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company Robert A. Iger announced plans for a 2 billion euro, multi-year expansion for Disneyland Paris alongside French President Emmanuel Macron at the Palais de l'Elysée in Paris. The new development will include a transformation of the Walt Disney Studios Park, adding three new areas that are based on Marvel, Frozen and Star Wars, along with multiple new attractions and live entertainment experiences.

The expansion plan is one of the most ambitious development projects at Disneyland Paris since its opening in 1992 and underscores the Company's commitment to the long-term success of the resort as Disney's brand beacon in Europe.

"We're very excited about the future of Disneyland Paris and continue to invest in its long-term success," said Robert A. Iger, chairman and chief executive officer of The Walt Disney Company. "The resort is already the leading tourist destination in Europe, and the transformative expansion we announced today will add even more of our beloved characters and unparalleled storytelling to create new lands, attractions and entertainment that further elevate the guest experience and drive new opportunities for tourism in this dynamic region."

The new areas will infuse some of Disney's most popular stories and characters into this unique destination, building upon the success of the resort's 25th Anniversary celebration and continuing to enhance the guest experience for millions of Europeans.

With over 320 million visits since 1992 and representing 6.2 percent of France's tourism income, Disneyland Paris has played a key leadership role in tourism for the region. The resort continues to be a powerful driver of economic and social development with over 16,000 employees representing 100 nationalities. This investment will help make the region even more dynamic and appealing and open up more opportunities for French and European citizens in the tourism industry.

The multi-year development will roll out in phases beginning in 2021, significantly expanding the Walt Disney Studios Park. In addition to the three new areas, the creative vision includes a new lake, which will be the focal point for entertainment experiences and will also connect each of the new park areas.

In the spring of 2017, Disneyland Paris kicked off its 25th Anniversary celebration including new entertainment and experiences for guests. The resort also completed a two-year refurbishment program, updating and renovating many of the classic attractions in the parks, as well as opening multiple new entertainment shows such as Mickey and the Magician, which won a 2017 International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions theme park industry award for "Best Theatrical Production." Additionally, several major renovations took place at the resort's hotels including Disney's Newport Bay Club, which is now a four-star hotel.

Just this month, Disneyland Paris announced plans for a new Marvel-themed attraction that will be coming to the Walt Disney Studios, part of the new Marvel area development. In 2020, the resort will open Disney's Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel, a reimagining of Disney's Hotel New York that will showcase the inspiring worlds of Iron Man, The Avengers, and Spider-Man, among others. And this summer, the Marvel Summer of Super Heroes seasonal event will take place at Disneyland Paris, where guests can meet their favourite heroes and experience new live entertainment.

http://disneylandparis-news.com/en/...ve-multi-year-expansion-for-disneyland-paris/

DXC1bHFWsAAa9te.jpg:orig

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
It's funny that all of Disney's "parks on the cheap" have been reimagined due to guest reaction.

Some interesting notes

• Marvel appears to be the blanket HKDL version that DCA will also get
  • Is the concept art just artist interpretation or is DSP only receiving part of Sw:GE?
  • Lagoon for WoC like show?
  • Frozen ride appears to be the HKDL comcept, which means it's just Malesteom again.

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is double the amount of money that DCA received in its Grand California Makeover. (Cars, Mermaid, WoC, etc.)