• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
WXka3ya.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/JgSS7

My take:

It probably isn't, but I like these deep diving theories, so I wanted to share this anyhow. At the end of the day, it's probably From just reusing assets.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
It's not. Aside from the fact that there is some massive reaching in there, Bloodborne is a Sony IP.

From Software would not tease the game independently from the IP owner. It's simply not done. Sony doesn't have the slightest thing to gain in teasing a game without associating the tease with PS4.

This is most probably either Tenchu, or a Ninja-themed new IP that could be Tenchu's spiritual successor, and multiplatform.

Also, that's not Chinese. it's cursive form of Jodai-yo, ancient Japanese.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think if it was BB2 you wouldn't tease it this far out. Teaser at VGAs and reveal at PSX would have made sense. But not this.

I expect its probably a new thing. And I wonder who publishes it.

OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I think if it was BB2 you wouldn't tease it this far out. Teaser at VGAs and reveal at PSX would have made sense. But not this.

I expect its probably a new thing. And I wonder who publishes it.
Again, not saying it is, but I am very confident that this game will indeed release next year.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
My question would be: would they tease Bloodborne like that at the Game Awards without once mentioning it's only on PS4? It seems like a wasted opportunity for Sony not to mention it, and kind of cruel to everybody who would want it somewhere else after being hyped by that teaser.

edit: I now realise that this is a pretty common sentiment, sorry. I'm a bit out of the loop.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really hoping it's NOT Bloodborne 2 and a new IP instead.

Reason being my brother recently got a One X which I'm having a good time with, would love to play it on there.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I love this type of stuff.

10/10 would read again. Bloodborne the game that keeps on giving.

j0hnniX

Oct 25, 2017
GA
Half Life 3 confirmed.

Seriously, I hope it is BB2, I would also believe Sony would be singing from the top of mountains if this was theirs to announce, PSX had nothing, Sony waiting for E3? It wouldn't matter much but could be something they want held until then or From is going multi-platform with another Dark-Fantasy.. either way.. its a From Software game.. time to git gud again.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Lmfao at you people bickering whether it's Tenchu or Bloodbourne.

It's is clearly a revival of the Otogi series.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
It could be BB 2, and I don't think how they teased it by it not being tied to PS4 says it is one way or the other since it literally shows nothing. It could also be a game similar that is multi plat. Kind of like Demon's - Dark Souls. Who knows though, since we are probably going to have to wait until June to find out for sure.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Monster Hunter World really doesn't look all that good IMO

but HELL YEAH dont care what it is, but i'll take a 2

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If it was bloodborne 2 I guess Sony would be waving the "exclusive" flag non-stop.

I guess it is asset recycling like OP states.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Very interesting and persuasive. I could definitely see this being Bloodborne 2. The right leg stuff seems really on the nose.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said in the trailer thread I would love for it to be Bloodborne 2, but even with this I still don't think it is. Shadows have absolutely nothing to do with Bloodborne and I can't see how that term could apply to Bloodborne lore wise. Would love to be wrong though. Either way I'm interested to see what comes from this.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I like this little deep-dive, you've presented some compelling evidence. We will find out sooner or later.

Also, you had me until "Bloodborne is ugly / looks like a PS3 game" ... I hope that was a joke.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This is some MGS lore theory shit right here.

I guess we are coming to dozen of Yamamura lore videos like he was the new Dark Souls's Velka.

EDIT:

Btw, the Cainhurst knights with a leg missing comes from a deleted boss

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given the lack of any mention of PS4 or Sony and it not showing up at PSX after the teaser, I really don't think it's Bloodborne 2. It just wouldn't make any sense for them to tease it and proceed not mention it in anyway at their massive fan event the following day.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Wow, of true that's awesome BB was great, so much thought put into this stuff after only a 30 sec trailer. Some people are so incredible, I could never be a "loremaster" or anything.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is MGS Kojima carnaval inspired i see, great work! I hope it's Bloodborne but i will buy whatever From makes since their games are AWESOME!

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, while I love the analysis and appreciate how much effort was put into it, the "Pro-Tenchu" section seems infinitely more compelling

ThePrince

Nov 1, 2017
Top marks for effort here!

I really hope we get a Bloodborne sequel but I'm in regardless, I probably be just as excited about a new IP made by From.

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Any BB sequel will be developed by Sony themselves.

From won't be involved. They are multi platform from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.