• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eldenjon

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2018
First of all, I don't know how anyone could think this game is BB2. Occam's razor says that when FROM teases a new game with a working title, it's a new IP. Second of all, I don't think it matters that FROM hasn't registered any trademarks, as it's likely a motivation behind working titles in the first place. SDT obviously has a Japanese theme, and I struggle to see how that would fit into the BB/Lovecraftian lore. It's definitely not a ninja/samurai game à la Tenchu. It would be riding on the Coattails of Nioh and competing with Ghost of Tsushima for the spotlight, which is a pretty ridiculous position for an innovative game company like FROM to be in. A spiritual successor to Bloodborne isn't out of the question, but the Kuon theory seems very likely. I think FROM could produce a survival horror game that inspires renewed interest in the genre honestly.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I guess it goes like this:
Project 1: Kuon Reboot
Project 2: Armored Core Reboot
Project 3: ? (the unusual project)

Last edited:

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First of all, I don't know how anyone could think this game is BB2. Occam's razor says that when FROM teases a new game with a working title, it's a new IP. Second of all, I don't think it matters that FROM hasn't registered any trademarks, as it's likely a motivation behind working titles in the first place. SDT obviously has a Japanese theme, and I struggle to see how that would fit into the BB/Lovecraftian lore. It's definitely not a ninja/samurai game à la Tenchu. It would be riding on the Coattails of Nioh and competing with Ghost of Tsushima for the spotlight, which is a pretty ridiculous position for an innovative game company like FROM to be in. A spiritual successor to Bloodborne isn't out of the question, but the Kuon theory seems very likely. I think FROM could produce a survival horror game that inspires renewed interest in the genre honestly.

The main reason I held so fast to the idea that it's BB2 is because, visually, it looked Bloodborney. The footage appeared to be a blood covered hunter's workshop weapon, and I think Fromsoft knows that it looks like a bloody hunter's workshop weapon. Fromsoft don't seem like trolls who would bait their fanbase into thinking it's BB2 when it's not, but I guess stranger things have happened.

eldenjon

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2018
The main reason I held so fast to the idea that it's BB2 is because, visually, it looked Bloodborney. The footage appeared to be a blood covered hunter's workshop weapon, and I think Fromsoft knows that it looks like a bloody hunter's workshop weapon. Fromsoft don't seem like trolls who would bait their fanbase into thinking it's BB2 when it's not, but I guess stranger things have happened.
Riffing off previous games is something they're known to do. The death mechanic is reused in Dark Souls and Bloodborne, so why should certain weapons be exclusively Bloodborne? Besides, that trailer is different from BB in just about every other way, so why are you latching onto the weapon? To bring elements of a previous IP into the fold isn't trolling at all. If anything, I think it's proof that we can expect more of what we love about FROM games in a new IP.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Sorryfor the bump but are we gonna see this game at E3?

Victorius

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll be curiious to see what actually it is. I would be blast away with BB2, but will be happy to see any new materialt that has the robust atmosphere BB did.

Mar 17, 2018
I don't really care what it is, as long as it shows some kind of growth again in the gameplay and setting. And I hope the story is not bonkers horseshit but whatever.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually I would be okay with another Sony studio presenting their take on BB2. They have everything needed to copy just enough to make it a legit BB game and infuse some of their own style.

Only chance I see From doing another souls game is if their next one bombs.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
BloodBorne 2 exclusive to gamepass.

Disappointed that w/e the game is it won't be Armored Core. I think the time is ripe for a giant mecha action game that actually plays well. With Souls games, the template for mixing a story focused SP game and still maintain a heavy PVP element has been laid out now.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
BloodBorne 2 exclusive to gamepass.

Disappointed that w/e the game is it won't be Armored Core. I think the time is ripe for a giant mecha action game that actually plays well. With Souls games, the template for mixing a story focused SP game and still maintain a heavy PVP element has been laid out now.

They're doing a new AC too.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
After Demon's souls, From Software made a multiplatform Souls game: Dark souls (which is not Demon's souls 2).
After the success of Bloodborne, it would be smart for them to make a multiplatform Blood game, which won't be Bloodborne 2, but still a spiritual successor of Bloodborne.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Who the hell bumped this thead, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

med_1442661082_image.jpg

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Does it mean he/she will be banned if it's confirmed to be Bloodborne 2 or exclusive?

That's up for debate, but they did provide evidence of their claims.

The other side to this that people for some reason always neglect is this game was said by Miyazaki himself multiple times not to be Bloodborne 2, he doesn't want to work on BB2, and FROM released a video detailing that this game will be released on PS4, Xbox, PC, and VR as well several months ago.

Also to add to this, FROM have never published any Sony-exclusive games to their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FromSoftwareInc/videos

You'll notice there's a lack of Bloodborne and Demon Souls videos on their channel, all videos for the Sony exclusive titles were published in other ways through Sony rather than on FROM's own YouTube channel and social media. Meanwhile the teaser for their new project is on their YouTube channel and social feeds. That in itself might very well confirm this isn't a Sony exclusive project, which means it's not Bloodborne.

Oct 27, 2017

The other side to this that people for some reason always neglect is this game was said by Miyazaki himself multiple times not to be Bloodborne 2, he doesn't want to work on BB2, and FROM released a video detailing that this game will be released on PS4, Xbox, PC, and VR as well several months ago..

do you have a link to that video please?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
do you have a link to that video please?
It was older than I remembered, but it's their History video:

The video they show their history, then show their next project to be released by 2017 or later, the next title they're releasing, will be for PS4, Xbox, PC, and VR:

AsaLlfW.jpg

Add to this Miyazaki has stated clearly this is not Bloodborne 2 on at least two different occasions (plus expressed interest in not making it), the whole Youtube thing I mentioned before, insider confirming it, it appearing at TGA rather than Sony's own thing, and this list can go on and on, but there's a lot of fairly compelling and I'd even say concrete evidence that this is both not Bloodborne 2, and it's not Sony exclusive either.

Oct 27, 2017
It was older than I remembered, but it's their History video:

The video they show their history, then show their next project to be released by 2017 or later, the next title they're releasing, will be for PS4, Xbox, PC, and VR:

AsaLlfW.jpg

Add to this Miyazaki has stated clearly this is not Bloodborne 2 on at least two different occasions (plus expressed interest in not making it), the whole Youtube thing I mentioned before, insider confirming it, it appearing at TGA rather than Sony's own thing, and this list can go on and on, but there's a lot of fairly compelling and I'd even say concrete evidence that this is both not Bloodborne 2, and it's not Sony exclusive either.

Thanks for the research. I'm very surprised that it includes VR tbh.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I uh, think that's a Japanese language and pluralization thing.

Mind, I expect the next game to be multiplatform, but I'm pretty sure that statement is supposed to refer to their next games as a whole, and that they will be on subsets of those platforms.

Oct 28, 2017
If I had to guess it's a game that takes a lot of inspiration from Bloodborne, but isn't a direct sequel and can be released on all platforms. Kinda what they did with Demon's Souls to Dark Souls.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

The other side to this that people for some reason always neglect is this game was said by Miyazaki himself multiple times not to be Bloodborne 2, he doesn't want to work on BB2, and FROM released a video detailing that this game will be released on PS4, Xbox, PC, and VR as well several months ago.

Also to add to this, FROM have never published any Sony-exclusive games to their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FromSoftwareInc/videos

You'll notice there's a lack of Bloodborne and Demon Souls videos on their channel, all videos for the Sony exclusive titles were published in other ways through Sony rather than on FROM's own YouTube channel and social media. Meanwhile the teaser for their new project is on their YouTube channel and social feeds. That in itself might very well confirm this isn't a Sony exclusive project, which means it's not Bloodborne.
Ok, I see. Thanks!

Deleted member 13628

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After Demon's souls, From Software made a multiplatform Souls game: Dark souls (which is not Demon's souls 2).
After the success of Bloodborne, it would be smart for them to make a multiplatform Blood game, which won't be Bloodborne 2, but still a spiritual successor of Bloodborne.
They already made a multiplatform game after BB. It was DS3.

The reason Dark Souls 1 happened at all was because From wanted to make a sequel to Demon's Souls but Sony wasn't interested. Hence, Bandai Namco.

Sly Chimera

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I liked the theory that it was from the series that had the same sound effects as the trailer. I'll prob buy it regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.