• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Post 609.

You're frontin if you're going to deny there's people who'd happily have them make souls likes til the end of time.
I didn't deny anything. The dude I quoted said the amount of people here who want From to be a soulless sequel factory is staggering, and you pointed me to a single post that came after that post and in fact snarkily quoted the same guy.

So how exactly is the amount of people who want that ITT staggering?

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I'll go for this.

hqdefault.jpg

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that makes me believe Bloodborne 2 is that during the Mixer stream of the Game Awards, Microsoft didn't show this instead it was replaced with a Wolfenstein 2 add (which they had the marketing rights for). Meaning this is a Sony exclusive, and any mention of shadows or souls is gonna refer to the Soulsborne series given how popular it was and Bloodborne was widely successful. It's been 3 years so let the train flow.

Wait really? Huh...

Deleted member 13628

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of people here who:

-want BB2 even though Dark Souls 2 was complete ass
-want From Software to become a soulless sequel-factory instead of making wild new and inventive IP's

is absolutely staggering.

DS2 was done by a different development team. It doesn't really prove anything other than "different designers produce different results". FS making another "Souls" game hardly turns them into a factory. At least not any more than literally any other studio.

Yeah, MS strangely omitted that teaser and replaced it with something else.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Assuming that's the correct translation, that supports what I said 100%. It does not support the second sentence in your post right here.

And lol at playing the "insider" card.

OmnipotentComponent has provided evidence to the Admins that they are in fact in a position to know what they claim to know. That does not mean we can verify that they are telling the truth or that their information is accurate. As always, the member takes full responsibility for what they post.

Just saying...

Neptonic

Oct 25, 2017
Tucson, AZ
In the DLC for Dark Souls 1 there was a weird NPC dressed in Victorian garb

In the DLC for Bloodborne there was a NPC wearing eastern/Japanese clothes

the next game is either a new game in a Japanese setting or a Tenchu or Kuon reboot.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't deny anything. The dude I quoted said the amount of people here who want From to be a soulless sequel factory is staggering, and you pointed me to a single post that came after that post and in fact snarkily quoted the same guy.

So how exactly is the amount of people who want that ITT staggering?

That poster did say "here" which could mean on the forum, not necessarily ITT. We'd have to ask that poster. And I can agree that staggering is probably an exaggeration, because we do have more people ITT not agreeing with the SDT = BB2 theory than we do people saying From should only make Soulslikes.

Carlius

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
dayum, so many people against this idea, so weird. i am so convinced its BB2 its not even funny. ill eat that crow when the time comes but i am so sure its bb2. just a giant hunch.

Martoridley

Oct 29, 2017
The teaser will probably turn out to be the game that "will comply with the expectations from the fans in a straightforward manner". I think it was intentionally created in a way that it would evoke some souls-y vibes.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going with a spiritual successor a la Demon's Souls to Dark Souls. Gameplay will be wildly different, but there will be references to the scourge of the Beast,

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Worst thread bump ever...EVER!

I actually thought it will be a new rumour and what do I get? Someone jabbering nonsense...

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Bloodborne is an amazing game with the best lore in the series so I'm okay with it being a standalone game (especially as the Dark Souls sequels kinda ruined the lore, the mysticism and rehashed DaS1 in a lot of ways). Gimme something fresh and new again From.

I should just get a tag at this point.

Do you know if the game is published by FROM/Kadokawa or is another collaboration with Sony?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne was very much included in tje statement. Fromsoftware is not currently involved in a sequel or related property to Bloodborne.
Didn't he also go on to say he isn't completely closing the door on more entries to those series thus getting back to the original poster's point that he didnt actually technically say there wouldn't be any more tho?

El Mariachi

Oct 31, 2017
Austria
Hard to say what I'd like to see more. Bloodborne 2 or something completely new from Miyazaki. Dude has been making games with the similar formula for quite some time now and I love his work, so I'd love to see something completely new from him. On the other hand BB is my favourite game ever and naturally I would love to see part 2 announced. So... yeah... Hope we get something at E3.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne is an amazing game with the best lore in the series so I'm okay with it being a standalone game (especially as the Dark Souls sequels kinda ruined the lore, the mysticism and rehashed DaS1 in a lot of ways). Gimme something fresh and new again From.

Do you know if the game is published by FROM/Kadokawa or is another collaboration with Sony?
Couldnt say

Didn't he also go on to say he isn't completely closing the door on more entries to those series thus getting back to the original poster's point that he didnt actually technically say there wouldn't be any more tho?
My point was: the statement involves both franchises. Not just Dark Souls. Im not saying there will never be a Bloodborne 2, im saying its not currently planned or in development. But its in the same spot as Dark Souls. So implying one is done while the other isnt seems silly. But that's just me.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Completely missed this thread, no clue what Shadows Die Twice is but holy shit that stuff about the right leg in Bloodborne is really cool and I had no idea.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Couldnt say

My point was: the statement involves both franchises. Not just Dark Souls. Im not saying there will never be a Bloodborne 2, im saying its not currently planned or in development. But its in the same spot as Dark Souls. So implying one is done while the other isnt seems silly. But that's just me.
I believe you. But what that poster said wasn't false. He said miyazaki never stated that there wouldn't be another bloodborne, and he hasn't said that.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
I believe you. But what that poster said wasn't false. He said miyazaki never stated that there wouldn't be another bloodborne, and he hasn't said that.
They said that Miyazaki said that there wouldnt be more Dark Souls (right now)and that Bloodborne wasn't included in that. Which, is not true. I probably should have bolded more than what I did.

But like I said, my point is the two series are in the same bin right now. Its been a common misconception to seperate the two in the statement which is what I was looking to correct. I should have been more clear.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They said that Miyazaki said that there wouldnt be more Dark Souls (right now)and that Bloodborne wasn't included in that. Which, is not true. I probably should have bolded more than what I did.

But like I said, my point is the two series are in the same bin right now. Its been a common misconception to seperate the two in the statement which is what I was looking to correct. I should have been more clear.
Gotchya. Heres hoping for him to change his mind! lol

Raven117

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly hope its something new (or newer ala Tenchu).

From is at its best when it is not tied down to preconceived notions. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Blooborne, are all perhaps spiritual successors, but these three are better than Dark Souls 2 and 3 by wide margins if you ask me due to the risks they take. (Darks souls 2 and 3 aren't bad by any stretch, they just feel like excellent imitations of the previous 3, just my opinion)

muteant

Nov 1, 2017
while i was initially in the BB2 boat, if this is a new IP action RPG, i'm super-thrilled, because flailing about as I tried to figure out how the systems worked was one of my favorite things about my dark souls I and BB firstruns.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
A Tenchu with a deeper combat system would be awesome right now. One of my favorite things about Tenchu if that you can use regular melee attacks as stealth kills. I loved to do the heavy blade wall splat move on an enemy into the path of another enemy; Seeing his reaction as his buddy slowly peeled off the wall made me laugh like a crazy person.

Also have fond memories of that debug menu in Tenchu 1. Spent hours just doing the goofiest shit in that debug menu options.

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
Couldnt say

Thanks for letting the fans know for certain, great to have an insider with knowledge simply come out and say this.
Bloodborne was incredible, and whilst i would love a sequel, so long as the new game is as good artistically i'd take anything.
I can finally stop keeping my fingers crossed it's bloodborne 2 and can start dreaming about a brand new series!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
BB2 I would be fine with... but man just imagine a Shadow Tower VR. A man can dream

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Would be weird (and unfortunate) if it's a spiritual successor to Bloodborne. If they want to revisit that, just make BB. If they want to keep making Souls games, they have Dark Souls. Not really seeing the need for another new IP. If it's a new IP, hope it's something new (from a gameplay/mechanics standpoint) entirely.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, it is Kuon 2. Same sound effect, old Japanese language, similiar imagery.

All I will say is from all the evidence and from an angle that I can't fully speculate anymore is that it's not called Kuon 2, but yeah, it's Kuon 2 basically.

I know a lot of people want it to be Bloodborne, but there's a lot of readily available information out there to show it's not, from the words of Miyazaki himself to a confirmed insider here on ResetEra directly saying it isn't. I know people want to believe, but when you're plugging your ears and not listening to the creator of the series and a confirmed insider, you're just dreaming then.

I know Kuon will seem like a stretch to some people, and that's fine. But I will say it's... I'll choose the words 'very probably,' though I want to say more, that it's a new entry to Kuon how Demon Soul's was a new entry to King's Field essentially.

Last edited:

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
All I will say is from all the evidence and from an angle that I can't fully speculate anymore is that it's not called Kuon 2, but yeah, it's Kuon 2 basically.

I know a lot of people want it to be Bloodborne, but there's a lot of readily available information out there to show it's not, from the words of Miyazaki himself to a confirmed insider here on ResetEra directly saying it isn't. I know people want to believe, but when you're plugging your ears and not listening to the creator of the series and a confirmed insider, you're just dreaming then.

I know Kuon will seem like a stretch to some people, and that's fine. But I will say i's a new entry to Kuon how Demon Soul's was a new entry to King's Field essentially.

So it's an horror game?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So it's an horror game?

I really shouldn't probably say anything, and I can't really prove I know anything, but I had two different discussions with two different people at two very different perods of time who both essentially told me the same thing; it's an open world game with very strong horror elements set in ancient Japan that's essentially a reimagining of Kuon.

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really shouldn't probably say anything, and I can't really prove I know anything, but I had two different discussions with two different people at two very different perods of time who both essentially told me the same thing; it's an open world game with very strong horror elements set in ancient Japan that's essentially a reimagining of Kuon.

uu9pmDP.gif

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Damn that's interesting. As long as it's different from Nioh I'm good. I remember that you knew some stuff about RE so I could see your info being right ^^

One last thing, if you can answer.. multiplatform?

Status
Not open for further replies.