• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

I intended to wait a day more before this thread, but the RT score reveal has forced me to create it now.

Four years ago the greatest trailer ever released in cinematic history was dropped upon us and the promise of new stories in a galaxy far, far away was revealed to us. Now, we stand on the edge of this trilogy's conclusion. An ending that seemingly brings with it trepidation, fear, and concern. But, let us forget about that for now. Lets not squabble over mistakes and disappointments. Instead, let's look back upon this trilogy and recall our love of the franchise. Let's use this thread before the end to talk about our initial hopes for the Sequel Trilogy and our favorite moments within it. Don't stink up the thread with a bunch of complaints, fill it with your love of the franchise.

When you saw that trailer, what did you feel? What did you think you would see? When the Han & Leia track kicked in what was your reaction? What were the moments in this trilogy that resonated with you?

For me, the trailer filled my head with endless possibilities. And, the potential for a black lead becoming a Jedi was enticing. As for the trilogy itself, this was a moment that solidified what SW was about:

image9.gif

tumblr_peuehwVqHM1s3jq7io1_500.gifv

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
the version/mix of the music that kicks in during the THIS CHRISTMAS title card is one of my favorites from the whole franchise

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had already read all the leaks for TFA so I knew everything about the movie when this trailer dropped but yeah, it's very epic and TLJ also had an incredible GOAT trailer.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought "Yeah that trailer confirms those spoilers I've read".

Never been a fan of TFA.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do remember the slow pan across the mountainous desert, only to realize it wasn't a mountain at all but a derelict Star Destroyer. That one shot meant so many things to me all at once. The recognition of the familiar and the exciting potential of the new.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
That is a really good trailer. Watching it now made me excited for the Force Awakens all over again.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
"It's true...all of it" and the scenes are what makes this probably the most goosebump-inducing trailer of all time. Absolutely amazing.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
*Sees John Boyega in marketing holding a light saber*

Me then: oh cool a black lead, looks like he might a future jedi too lets see where this goes.

Me now: lol

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It had its moments. TLJ was even quite good. But all I can think now when I watch the TFA trailer is that, while it's a great trailer still, that it just mostly contains elements from the prior trilogy with nothing much new. And then I get a bit excited with the music, but then it ends on the hilarious misdirection with Finn, a character so wasted it almost makes Jar Jar look like a masterpiece. So I can't love it anymore despite it being a good trailer

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*Sees John Boyega in marketing holding a light saber*

Me then: oh cool a black lead, looks like he might a future jedi too lets see where this goes.

Me now: lol

They fucking baited us and I'll never forgive them for it.

That said, I've enjoyed this era of Star Wars more than the previous one, and I think the movies are better than the OT (which I've always liked, but never been all that high on). I'm ready for us to be done with the Skywalkers and move on, though. This franchise has so much storytelling potential, but it's been hamstrung by remaining in the same closed narrative loop for decades.

Time to branch out.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The prequel vs sequel saga will be a debate to witness. Seems like fans hate both equally.

Oct 25, 2017
It's criminal we never got a full track of the heavy Force theme in the trailer.

Yeah I was hyped hoping we'd get co-protagonists like Max/Furiosa being Jedi. More importantly it was showing LF coming at the trilogy from a new viewpoint and that they were committed tohaving the biggest Sci-fi IP being a massively diverse cast.

I should've known better that minorities only get to play window dressing and stepping stones for the actual heroes in Star Wars movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.