• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Godzilla King of the Monsters is coming out in 1 month. The long awaited sequel from Godzilla 2014.
Back then, Godzilla grossed $529,1 million USD. Mostly supported by good international numbers.
And after the well made Kong movie from 2y ago, some people wonder if this could be the breakout hit Legendary needs.

Do you think King of the Monsters will catch the attention of the mainstream crowd?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more hyped about it than Avengers, and I'm pretty hyped about Avengers. Seems like the definitive kaiju movie and there seems to be solid hype around it, that will probably peak due to brand relevance when Godzilla and King Kong clash in the next movie. Gonna be glorious.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Most certainly, I'm looking forward to it far more than any of the other big movies this year. 2014 was simply a "good" movie and not the one I had hoped to see based on the trailers, but I'm more than confident that they've learned their lessons from that movie and are just going to deliver what everyone wants.

It also helps that I think the first trailer for the movie was one of the best trailers for a 'blockbuster' I've seen in ages.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know friends that are waiting for it, but I personally don't care. The last film was so boring to me.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
I'd completely forgotten about it until I saw this thread. There's your answer, I guess.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they were smart, putting it out over a month after Avengers. I'm definitely going to see it myself. The trailers look fantastic and appear to address the concerns I had with the first - insofar as a Godzilla movie needs way more monster fights.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I hope for more monsters action and less human drama this time.

Nobody care about 11 and godzy being friends...

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
The updated monsters look dope. I'll drag some friends to it but I don't know how well it's going to do box office wise

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Not the slightest bit. I watched the one with Ken Watanabe in a theater and it was zzzZZZZZZ.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I've been at maximum hype for about two years now, it's my most anticipated film of the year, even more than Endgame.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Hell yeah.
My most anticipated blockbuster of the year.
As for its success... If it has better word of mouth than the previous film I think it will do okay. Skull Island's performance surprised me tbh.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Taking the opportunity to highlight this top Chinese poster

D40hG6bUcAMQekk.jpg:large

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Last one was super boring. I doubt I'll go to a theater to see this one unless I hear amazing things.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very excited and I hope it does well at the box office, but I'm not sure. You know Endgame will still be doing its thing then, and then both Detective Pikachu and Aladdin are out the few weeks before it, so there is a ton of competition. I think it looks great though, and it seems like a movie that is going to be glorious on the big screen, so I'm hyped.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Not the slightest bit. I watched the one with Ken Watanabe in a theater and it was zzzZZZZZZ.
This one has more monsters all the time, all the classics, a lot more action. You wouldn't know though because OP couldn't even be bothered to post a trailer or video.

More hyped than Endgame, these characters mean something to me, where in MCU I only care about Peter Parker.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Only if somebody confirms it has more than 5 minutes of kaiju action in it. Make it at least an hour and I'm in.

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
I can't imagine being excited for a Godzilla movie ever again after the perfection of Shin Godzilla... further examination of the franchise feels like a waste of time to me. That said, some of you seem pretty hyped, so I hope it meets and exceeds your expectations!