• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
FADlCD7.png

A small number of sequels surpass their originals: 'Terminator 2', 'The Godfather: Part 2' and 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' are among them. Now one more joins the list – 'The Angry Birds Movie 2'.
TimeOut
ivmEHAP.gif

brings just the right level of dippy zeal to the project, committing to extended, farcical routines that, at their most immaculately choreographed and paced, channel the pure, physical hilarity of vintage Chaplin or Sellers.
Variety
32a.gif

Incoming director Thurop van Orman approaches this expanded universe with something of the visual ambition of Pixar's Brad Bird and a restless, playful spirit
The Guardian
ezgif.com-gif-maker1rmkl5.gif

this is a film targeted more at ... Tarkovsky fans
The Hollywood Reporter
h6447F0E8

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The first one is one of the only movies I fell asleep at the theater for. I guess I should look up the tomatometer for that one.

Doesn't matter much, though, since my kids want to see it.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Never expected Nicki Minaj's Angry Birds II to be more acclaimed than Beyonce's The Lion King.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That last quote troll was superbly executed well done OP, well done. But seriously the Angry Birdy movies are hilariously enough not the worst thing in the world and are actually fairly great at adapting what might be the most barebones things to adapt.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I remember not liking the second half of the first movie that much, but i was just suprise by the premise of the 'angry bird' organisation that have a problem to keep control of their emotion haha. these were some pretty funny moment during these moment.

I don't consider this a video game movie.

Why not ?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
If director Thurop van Orman sounds familiar to you, that's because he's most well known for being the creator of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

Glad to see him finding success in feature film directing.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
81% of reviewers have given it a positive review so far...

....but the average rating is 5.7/10.

Wat.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Average score is probably going to eventually means it'll settle at the 60%~ marker since there's only 26 reviewers so far and they've all been ranging around the 3/5s (Which is impressive considering the first was at 44% overall and it'll be the second video game movie ever to be fresh should it keep this up.)

But when I saw this earlier at 14 reviews it was at 5.55 average, now it's at 5.7 average.

For the comparison, Detective Pikachu ended on at 5.99 average.

Keep your eyes peeled. This could go either way.

No I'm not going to take an avatar bet on this, I wore the greymon avatar long enough. At least I actually wore it though...

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Just watched the early screening two days ago and absolutely LOVED IT. The jokes were fantastic. It did feel weird as two grown adults laughing at this kind of humor, but it was a fun movie.

Last edited:

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
First one was great, written by a bunch of OG Simpsons guys. New one is by the Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack guy so it being good shouldn't be much of a surprise. Wonder what left field awesome writer/director they'll get for the third one, Lord & Miller?

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Movie seems to be getting much better reviews than the first one but for some reason I feel like the movie isn't gonna do well financially and do less than the original.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
aren't the Angry Birds movies really loved by Alt-right/Nazis because of the strong xenophobic, anti-immigration messages in it's story?

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I remember the original being surprisingly better than an Angry Birds movie should be, and this one has the flapjack dude as director so i guess im gonna see it at some point