• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
As evidenced below:

2y9UNbE.jpg

This is compared to Black Ops 2, which currently sits at around 8k players last I checked.

The fuck is going on? Did a bunch of people just rally behind this game or something? This is the highest I've ever seen it since it because Backwards Compatible a long ass time ago.

This game's like 8 years old!

I demand answers!

Last edited:

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The counter has been glitched for awhile. I think it was showing a couple million were playing like a month or two ago.

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
The counter has been glitched for awhile. I think it was showing a couple million were playing like a month or two ago.

Has it been? Jesus. When I logged in, the number freaked me out. I like double-checked the Most Played section on the store and it wasn't even there. I was so confused.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
* Because the game is good
* New COD games are not as good
* The competition to this day is still releasing shit
* Its cheaper
* Its BC on Xbox One
* Nuketown

I hope this gets a Xbox One X Enchaned patch!

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I think the counter is broken because that is almost more than peak BF1 hours, all platforms combined.

So like impossible.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I don't play CoD, but my brother is really into it. According to him, everyone plays Black Ops 1 because it's still the best one? Or at least best one since whichever Modern Warfare it was that everyone liked.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Because it is still fun don't forget there is Backwards Compatibility presumable that lots of them are playing on Xbox One and Xbox One X.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because we Xbox gamers have nothing else to play, apparently.

Did they increase the res for this on the X?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Black Ops 1 is probably the most fun I had in a COD game online, so I get it.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You'd be surprised.what old games with working online functionality still have people playing.

I think megaman powered up still has people uploading levels online

Vivi

Nov 10, 2017
Zombies probably I think its one of the fan favorite ones for that mode.

Oct 29, 2017
i actually recently played some zombies with a high school friend. shit's still fun. still some people playing halo 3 and red dead online as well.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
The best COD next to the first Modern Warfare. Classic! Still rock it BC on the XBO regularly.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Please don't quote your own picture, the website would have resized it anyway.
It goes fucking huge when we have to click on it.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
It's definitely glitched but I wouldn't be surprised if it still had a pretty good population.
I mean, COD4 still has a ton of people playing and new people do join pretty regularly.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
what if this game gets popular again...because of the glitched counter. Everyone just starts playing again cuz they thought everyone else was

MisterX

Oct 28, 2017
It's the best COD game. I'm not much of a COD fan and I haven't played the series past Black Ops 2.

The cold war setting, time period and maps (which had great level design) plus the old school 80s/90s weaponry scratched all my itches.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Man the other day I was playing Split/Second that arcade racer that came out in like 2009 and there were people online.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it way more natural to continue playing what is the more fun/the better experience?

The expectation that everyone jumps ship just because there is something newer out there is weird if that newer thing is deemed an inferior experience.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe tht number for a second, though I bet a decent number of people are actually playing it