• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is it ???????

• The very famous Nintendo star Teleboxer

Votes: 247 16.5%
  • it's metroid

Votes: 72 4.8%
  • Post-Great Ape War II Funky Kong

Votes: 209 14.0%
  • STARFOX GRAND PRIX WAS REAL

Votes: 224 15.0%
  • Character for the unannounced Retro Studios game

Votes: 746 49.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UPDATE: IT'S A TEASE FELLAS

Context: Enrique Rivera is a concept artist working at Retro Studios.
1Ii7iKQ.png

oHks0kh.png

ORIGINAL POST:
Help me out Era, I can't focus on anything else:

D4YwdS4UEAAme35.jpg

1555539804-sans-titre.png

Who's the robot character right behind Mario ?

Last edited:

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Art was made by Retro and features characters from games the studio has worked on. I'm still coming up nothing.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe their secret game wasn't cancelled yet when they drew the art.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
That grey triangle thing with three circles, I've already seen it and I think it's part of her arm cannon. The hand though...

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
REGGGGGIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I'm excited for this to come up for the next few years every e3

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, the idea of something actually new being hidden here seems so very unlikely, which only makes me more confused as to what's going on there.
Retro helped with Mario Kart 7, ARE THERE ROBO HANDS IN MK7?!

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It's obviously from their next game, which Reggie helped with and is being purposefully obstructed.

Stay tuned this E3 for the full reveal.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty convinced it's a very cheeky tease of whatever Retro's project has been, which makes it a hilariously indirect one.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, the idea of something actually new being hidden here seems so very unlikely, which only makes me more confused as to what's going on there.
Retro helped with Mario Kart 7, ARE THERE ROBO HANDS IN MK7?!

I mean I don't think it's a tease for anything.

But I just can't figure out who it is. Has to be from Mario Kart 7 or something like that ?

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's Retro's boss's online avatar. Or maybe it wasn't but now they'll say it is to... cover their asses... Mr. Magic BBQ Hand, flipping Reggie's prime ribs until 2019.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
It's obviously a new character in the upcoming Metroid x Donkey Kong crossover game to be announced at E3.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
That grey triangle thing with three circles, I've already seen it and I think it's part of her arm cannon. The hand though...

Yeah, the grey thing to the left of Mario's red sleeve is just Samus, the hand below is something else though.

They hid it well. Even the orange/green thing under Mario's taint (so happy I could use that as a descriptor) is just Samus leg.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
>robotic arm character
>Virtual Boy also in frame
>Virtual Boy cameo in Labo VR

TELEROBOXER FOR LABO VR CONFIRMED

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Reggie literally only just retired. Implying this was made very recently, and thus whatever it is probably super relevant.

Weird.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Holy smokes there really is something there huh?! Retro's new character folks. The statue was placed there to hide it but they also knew that they'd show just enough to get people speculating. You know they read Resetera and our Retro Studios is dying threads. This is our tease before E3.

Also not gonna lie, seeing Dixie there with the crew and not Funky does my heart good. Retro know whats up. I love Funky but Dixie was a headliner while he was still a 2-bit hustler.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reggie never retired, it's all a part of the most elaborate game reveal of all time.