• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is it ???????

• The very famous Nintendo star Teleboxer

Votes: 247 16.5%
  • it's metroid

Votes: 72 4.8%
  • Post-Great Ape War II Funky Kong

Votes: 209 14.0%
  • STARFOX GRAND PRIX WAS REAL

Votes: 224 15.0%
  • Character for the unannounced Retro Studios game

Votes: 746 49.8%

• Total voters

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I see there's conversation on Star Fox GP. I thought that was killed off when insiders basically said it was a hoax.

To be fair, there's been a lot of conflicting stories when it comes to that thing. And it's not like anybody else is likely going to fess up what they know in this environment, anyway.

For all we know, Retro could be working on a StarFox game, but it's not GP.

Oct 25, 2017
D4cTIWZWkAInJAP.png

Peek-a-Boo:

Retro's take on the 3D collectathon genre pioneered by Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie

Play as Peek Efficiency, a robot whose sole purpose is to bring happiness to humans and A. Boo - the ghostly remains of a girl who left the terrestrial plane filled with regret.

Peek is a stoic but kind automaton with a (literal) heart of gold; Ali Boo is his sassy translucent side-kick.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's look at the main reason Retro would not be working on Star Fox- Star Fox Zero. Star Fox Zero was shown in a blurry state at E3 2014. It was fully revealed at E3 2015 and released in 2016.

I don't see Nintendo having Retro Studios also making a Star Fox game when they are making a Star Fox game. It's a low tier selling franchise as it is. I don't see Nintendo thinking Retro making SF the same time they are is a good idea.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Now this has happened, can't wait for "Peekaboo" to start appearing in every "leaked" direct 4chan post we get leading up to E3.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's clearly the new Animal Crossing game set in post apocalyptic world. Tom Nook with a robotic arm.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully a new IP from Retro. What a tease this is. I can't imagine it being something other than a new IP by Retro and ready to be revealed at E3. Reggie must have played the game already. .

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the best and most clever way to teasing something from Retro and also Reggie haha. Can't wait to see what's in store.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Right, but the post I was responding to seemed to imply that it was just Rob from Star Fox and that didn't mean anything about a new game. Maybe i read too much into it.

Anyway my bet is on a new IP.

Ah. I see your point.

Personally I wish for Star Fox GP to be real. Custom Robo would be something that I would really love to see Retro take on.

But yeah. New IP is definitely on the probable list more than those two.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Reggie bringing the hype one last time, good to know FOR SURE Retro has something to put out before MP4.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I hope Retro isn't wasting their talents on...Custom Robo...like that's so beneath Retro it's not even funny. DKC and Metroid have prestige and made sense for them to work on, but Custom Robo sounds like something a smaller company should work on.

half joking about Cusrom Robo being "beneath" them, but eh I don't see a studio like that wanting to work on a series like that tbh.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Retro shouldn't even waste their talents on video games anymore at all. They should be focussing on the highest and most mature form of artistic entertainment available right now...superhero movies.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
A character being around Diddy's height with a robot hand makes me think of something like Astro boy

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fucking Teleroboxer tease?

In 2019?

I am all for a Teleroboxer remake because that game is the shit, but what weird universe have I slipped into?

(It's probably just a funny mention in the art since those jerks at Nintendo barely remember the Virtual Boy, but I promise to be disappointed when Teleroboxer for Labo VR doesn't get announced during the next Direct.)

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
At this point I hope Retro isn't wasting their talents on...Custom Robo...like that's so beneath Retro it's not even funny. DKC and Metroid have prestige and made sense for them to work on, but Custom Robo sounds like something a smaller company should work on.

half joking about Cusrom Robo being "beneath" them, but eh I don't see a studio like that wanting to work on a series like that tbh.

Turning around a franchise that needs a new, fresh, innovating entry.

Custom Robo looks like a perfect fit for Retro.
Or Star Fox
GP

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
In all seriousness, I think the most likely explanation is that this is an original, Retro designed character for a new IP.

Feb 2, 2019
Imagine them releasing another Star Fox game nobody asked and only a dozen people on internet want, instead of Mother 3.

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Those proportions suggest a MOBA. It's basically the last box they have left to tick now that VR is out of the way too.

I hope it's a game like Overwatch instead but actually fun to play and with good game balance.

Feb 2, 2019

We know nobody gives a fuck about Star Fox, since two games he stared in flopped hard. Mother 3 is still up in the air and one of the greatest game in its genre, I'm sure it could surprise people if released properly nowaday. Star Fox case is close for a while now and it's still surprising Nintendo try to push it down into people's throat every 2 years.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good ol' Reggie. Teasing something even as he steps out the door.

I'm hyped for E3, Nintendo-Era!

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Doesn't look like it's an elbow. The angle doesn't make sense. Also the hole pattern is not a feature on Samus's suit. I think it's part of a robot face.

It is from the bottom of her cannon. Wasn't in the original prime design, but MP2/3 design had that pattern on the underside of her cannon.

Who-Would-Have-Thought-Metroid-Prime-3-Wii-Best-FPS-Controls-2.jpg

Is even visible on the Figma Figure

GSC6390_figma_349_Metroid_Prime_3_Corruption_Samus_Aran_4580416903509_Woozy_Moo_6.jpg

Google Image search. They show a Metroid Prime 1 render somewhere in that image search and the bottom is different.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the title update and got excited :(

Do we know if Enrique Rivera isn't just the artist who drew this?

Because it could also be interpreted as:

- "Enrique Rivera" shares a nice artwork he made for Reggie
- A friend asks "Enrique Rivera? Is it your artwork they gave to reggie? - such an honor :o "
- Enrique Rivera : "Yes it is!"
- "Woow shitttt, so cool!"
Yeah, this.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I'm more concerned of the thing behind the notebook, anyone got what it is?

Is it DK butt?

As reggie himself said in his tweet : "Last of my retirement events was last night. Received some wonderful gifts and souvenirs. Yes, that is a working Virtual Boy. Art from Retro Studios. Notebook for names taken. A PLASTIC ASS TO KICK. A book of notes from employees. And a Mario statue. End of an era. "

However, if it's DK's butt is currently unknown and open to your darkest fantasies.