• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
There's a new illusory wall and a locked door in the Demon's Souls remake:

If you photo mode through the door, you can see there's an item:

7O4G0l2.jpg

A reddit thread showing stuff people have tried to get it to open with no luck so far. Remember that in the SotC remake, Bluepoint added a bunch of collectable coins that, if all gathered, opened a secret area with a newly added weapon. What could this be 🤔

Also maybe unrelated but:

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Don't get your hopes up for something big, SOTC had the same and it was a cool easter egg that gave you an especial sword and that's it, and a new, and beautiful, room inside the tower.

I imagine is the same here.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I rarely hit at walls looking for stuff like that, but out of the blue I decided to and found that by accident. It was a pretty funny coincidence

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Clearly it lead to the other side of that door in Bloodborne you can never open.

poncle

Oct 28, 2017
London
I'm already disappointed by how fast this will be figured out and on Youtube :(

Maybe not that fast, it's been a mystery for 3 days and nobody has a clue yet.

Some guy on reddit has tried a crazy amount of stuff without success

• Tried to wear:
  • Red eye set
  • Blue eye set
  • Royal set
  • Fat officials set( I originally thought this was going to do it due to how close to yurias quest this door is)
  • Ostrava cosplay(his set and weapons)
  • Biorr cosplay
  • Doran cosplay
  • Miralda cosplay
  • Yuria cosplay
  • Every ring in the game even new ones
  • I have hit the door with every unique weapon in the game.
  • I have cast every spell in the game at the door
  • I have tried using and dropping all new consumable items at the door (main thing I tried messing with was gold coins cause they come from fat officials)
  • I have hit the walls of what I would say is about 95 percent of the entire level of 1-3
  • I have tried to fall in (I think) every gravity spot in 1-3 attempted to abuse every staircase I could to manipulate myself in a way to get to said area or any areas outside the zone we know of, to no avail. After 3 hours on this I can say it's most likely not gravity related IMO
  • Got to the door without dying on new character
  • Got to the door dying pure black and white tendency
  • Got to the door before and after false king allants death and polar tendencies
  • Got to door without dying in fractured mode and fractured mode ng+ without dying before and after allant death and polar tendency.
  • This is where I started to bring NPCs to the area via iron knuckle head butt chain
  • first tried Ostrava then biorr. (I will not bring Doran please don't ask)
  • Used every emote for 60 seconds in front of door then interacted with it.
  • Attempted to trade every item and equipment with the crows (armor sets were attempted as sets and individual pieces respectively) no new items gained
  • Attempted various online play interactions invaders and blue summons do not interact with door... too be continued
  • Attempted using and dropping 79 gold coins in front of door and having them in inventory when interacting with door to no avail.
  • Interacted with door while all polar tendency in all worlds fractured ng+ and ng, and normal mode ng+ no death characters, before and after allant death.( this was such a pain to do)
  • So many variables with tendency involved now. Like woah.
  • Done all sl 1 variable tests for ng, ng+ of fractured and normal mode, pure white and black polar tendencies, deathless(pure black on all worlds is impossible to achieve deathless) also character tendancy tested pre and post allant on all variables.
  • Explored the crown statues throughout the level for a few hours no interaction of note.
  • Completed one LAST variable test including all the previous variables plus a deathless ng+7 character (this was painful)
  • Dropped every droppable item by the box in the nexus with all the same variables as the variable tests above(all variables in the above variable tests)
  • Tried opening door with all upgrade paths completed.
  • Done all previous variable tests with platinum in the game on all psn accounts involved
  • Used bows to hit out of bounds bricks and structures that may be some kind of switch. After about 9 hours we ran out of things to hit with a bow. No changes

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly it lead to the other side of that door in Bloodborne you can never open.

Lol. We actually do know where that door leads now, is the funny part - it was an alpha-version shortcut that led from Cleric Beast to the Cathedral Ward, but for whatever reason they decided not to make the two connect anymore but never took the door out of either part of the game world so they just left it broken instead.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Read some speculation that it's just the deluxe edition items which I could see being the case

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
Obviously it opens when all the dragons have been slain and has an Easter egg confirming their next game is a remake of Legend of Dragoon right? Right?

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
It's a world mending stone, present it to the lady in black and she will mend the broken archstone. Umbasa.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Watch it be a message that talks about 6th Archstone and the item is just Sticky White Stuff.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Whoa, I'm even more intrigued by those sounds/noises O_0
One of these played while I was in the Nexus and scared the shit out of me. I figured it was just a glitched sound because I had never heard it before.

It's a boss soul that, when consumed, downloads the 60 fps PS5 patch for Bloodborne

Don't be ridiculous.

It takes you directly to Yharnam. Demons Souls IS the PS5 Bloodborne patch.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
wishful thinking: the door will be opened with DLC and the item lets us mend the broken archstone, finally giving us access to the Northern Limits. (I know what they said in interviews but still think it was such a missed opportunity to not include that area)

Status
Not open for further replies.