There's an alligator swimming in... a Chicago Park Lagoon

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
https://abc7chicago.com/pets-animals/search-for-alligator-in-humboldt-park-lagoon-continues/5386833/
This has been some interesting local news the last few days here. it seems like some shitty person dumped their pet alligator into the Humboldt Park Lagoon. He's avoided traps set around the lagoon and still on the loose.

Now he's been dubbed Chance the Snapper and has 2 twitters

Stay safe out there fellow ChiEra

also if anyone can tell me how to post a link with a preview that would be great

Take my hand if old

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Some of the other name candidates were great:

Cloud Gator
Frank Lloyd Bite
Lizard Phair

I came up with “Creature from the Brown Lagoon”,

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I was in Chicago two weeks ago and saw a beaver in Linciln park's lake...not as interesting I guess, but I'm from out east and have never seen one in the "wild" before.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly is going on? Chicago is not the only place gators have been showing up in the northern U.S. lately. Somebody must be doing this on purpose.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Ah, poor dude... Someone let him go in the lake because he grew too big as a pet. Glad they found him now at least and can capture him to bring him somewhere else. he won't make it through the fall/winter otherwise.

Zache

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
meanwhile in florida there's alligators in apartment ponds that do nothing but stare at children as they walk to their bus stops and no one gives a shit

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Yah, I live around that area and it’s the talk of the town. There’s this old dude who’s nicknamed “Alligator Bob” that’s on the hunt for this gator right now. He’s apparently helped catch 3 other gators that were in the Chicago River over the years.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I’ve been trying to explain to people that alligators are not vicious beasts that will kill you without a second thought. They pretty much keep to themselves unless they’re provoked. Everybody keeps telling me I’m a party pooper, though haha.
Yep. I intern at a reptile sanctuary and you can work in the same cage as most crocodilians and they won't make a move,. You should still keep distance and treat them with respect as they are still very powerful animals.