• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
https://abc7chicago.com/pets-animals/search-for-alligator-in-humboldt-park-lagoon-continues/5386833/
This has been some interesting local news the last few days here. it seems like some shitty person dumped their pet alligator into the Humboldt Park Lagoon. He's avoided traps set around the lagoon and still on the loose.

Now he's been dubbed Chance the Snapper and has 2 twitters

Stay safe out there fellow ChiEra

also if anyone can tell me how to post a link with a preview that would be great

Take my hand if old

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Some of the other name candidates were great:

Cloud Gator
Frank Lloyd Bite
Lizard Phair

I came up with "Creature from the Brown Lagoon",

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I was in Chicago two weeks ago and saw a beaver in Linciln park's lake...not as interesting I guess, but I'm from out east and have never seen one in the "wild" before.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly is going on? Chicago is not the only place gators have been showing up in the northern U.S. lately. Somebody must be doing this on purpose.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They should have named it Rahm Emandible

Or Mike Bitya

Or Richard Scaley

Or Chewie Sullivan

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Sounds like the guy is happy. Just let him enjoy being the top of the food-chain for a bit.

(grab him quick if he's in danger though)

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Ah, poor dude... Someone let him go in the lake because he grew too big as a pet. Glad they found him now at least and can capture him to bring him somewhere else. he won't make it through the fall/winter otherwise.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
meanwhile in florida there's alligators in apartment ponds that do nothing but stare at children as they walk to their bus stops and no one gives a shit

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
I've seen crocodiles in Chicago in a nature documentary before. They look scary big.
tumblr_pbq7lhl3LB1vfhsggo2_500.gif

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Yah, I live around that area and it's the talk of the town. There's this old dude who's nicknamed "Alligator Bob" that's on the hunt for this gator right now. He's apparently helped catch 3 other gators that were in the Chicago River over the years.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I love how infectious this is. Even the guy trying to catch the gator is getting love.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Native Floridian here living in Chicago.

This is nothing, to me. Lol.
Same. I've been trying to explain to people that alligators are not vicious beasts that will kill you without a second thought. They pretty much keep to themselves unless they're provoked. Everybody keeps telling me I'm a party pooper, though haha.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I've been trying to explain to people that alligators are not vicious beasts that will kill you without a second thought. They pretty much keep to themselves unless they're provoked. Everybody keeps telling me I'm a party pooper, though haha.
Yep. I intern at a reptile sanctuary and you can work in the same cage as most crocodilians and they won't make a move,. You should still keep distance and treat them with respect as they are still very powerful animals.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Native Floridian here living in Chicago.

This is nothing, to me. Lol.
Yeah, I used to live right next to a lake (about a 2 minute walk from my front door) and when I went on walks I'd see alligators literally every time. You REALLY have to go out of your way for alligators to be a threat.

OP
OP
Whitemex

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Damn. Those gator experts from Florida do not fuck around. I hope Chance finds a nice home after he served his time