• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
I searched and didn't find any threads about this one, I took a quick glance over the PC threads and saw no mentions of it, sorry if this is a duplicate, but.. Today as I was browsing the new releases on Steam, I saw this page for an upcoming game that's literally about tying up a "rabbit" thief, tearing their clothes, and raping them with objects (WARNNING: NSFW at all, full body nudity, disturbing and disgusting):
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1009120/Rabbit_Thief_R18/

Just.. how is this even allowed to appear on Steam? Did no one see this footage before the page went up? Or is this ok by some people's standards?

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
There's a "flag this product" button but none of the options they give you are "This product is morally disgusting." The closest is "adult content" which is what I went with, but I doubt it'll get removed.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
source.gif

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
User Banned (2 Weeks): Excusing content that glorifies sexual violence and misogyny.
I think steam's stance is that it allows all types of games now? People are into fantasies like this, and there's not really anything wrong with having a fetish like this assuming everything is consensual. This does seem playful in how it's presented though it would be nice to be explicit about the nature of these types of fantasies and fetishes due to the nature of the steam store.

As for whether it belongs on the steam store is up to valve, and Im unclear of their policies.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
this type of shit is one of the reasons pubs would rather be on EGS. Steam needs to get their act together really soon
I don't things pubs care in the slightest. The reason they go to EGS is money and nothing else.

As for the game, it seems already down. At least I get an error on that page.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I cant see it from where I am. Is it purchasable or not ?
If not, that's because developers can set up storepages before submiting application (it's what happened with Rapeday).

If it's on sale though... Welp.

this type of shit is one of the reasons pubs would rather be on EGS. Steam needs to get their act together really soon

Yeah sure, nothing to do with moneyhats. These big publishers are all scared about games not even on sale.

notBald

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be gone, or the URL is messed up.
I don't things pubs care in the slightest. The reason they go to EGS is money and nothing else.

As for the game, it seems already down. At least I get an error on that page.
Had to log on to see it.

It's an poorly drawn anime girl being tickled by a blue pole thing. I've seen more disgusting scenes in AAA games.

The game itself might be worse, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was just an attempt at trolling.

Edit: On second viewing, they also put a rod into the girl's vagina.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017

Had to log on to see it.

It's an poorly drawn anime girl being tickled by a blue pole thing. I've seen more disgusting scenes in AAA games.

The game itself might be worse, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was just an attempt at trolling.
There's a lot more than that just in the video

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
I swear this site is the only place that gives things like this a platform (besides Steam, duh). Just flag it, posting threads about these things just brings attention to them.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
There's a "flag this product" button but none of the options they give you are "This product is morally disgusting." The closest is "adult content" which is what I went with, but I doubt it'll get removed.

Yeah, I checked the flag content options and the adult option says, "Adult Content - Contains adult content that isn't appropriately labeled and age-gated" so unfortunately it doesn't seem likely they'll take it down.

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry i dont want to be annoying, but could we change the title of the thread to not include r*pe? It really bummed me out seeing it and even tho I've ignored the thread now i think it might ruin other peoples day too

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Had to log on to see it.

Edit: On second viewing, they also put a rod into the girl's vagina.

I would like to know what AAA games you've seen that are worse than a woman strapped to a table while you twirl around a rod in her vagina.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think steam's stance is that it allows all types of games now? People are into fantasies like this, and there's not really anything wrong with having a fetish like this assuming everything is consensual. This does seem playful in how it's presented though it would be nice to be explicit about the nature of these types of fantasies and fetishes due to the nature of the steam store.

As for whether it belongs on the steam store is up to valve, and Im unclear of their policies.
Look, even if (a colossal if) you think people should be allowed to fetishize disgusting and purely evil acts in private, this does not in any way mean that the most popular game distribution platform should signal boost such disgusting bullshit and promote access to content that can (re)traumatize or otherwise cause significant harm to countless people by its very presence on the Steam store.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how it's possible to launch those games without pass age and content ratings of agencies on the biggest pc store.

Besides, publishers like Disney and WB don't bother sell their games for kids along with this.

notBald

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to know what AAA games you've seen that are worse than a woman strapped to a table while you twirl around a rod in her vagina.
Didn't notice the vagina thing on first viewing. My eyes glased over I guess.

But I've seen people tortured in gruesome ways in AAA games. When it comes it comes to images that draws disgust out of me, a poorly drawn anime girl isn't particularly high on the list.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Valve: we fixed the process, games won't show up until we hit the button so rape games won't show up in public

Narrator: they didn't

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
The situation is slightly not quite as bad as the previous one because it at least can't be pre-bought, but they really should have changed it so adult games can't have a store page at all unless they are approved. All sorts of bad stuff will get submitted for approval with such open policies, but the worst of it would come with adult stuff; better to not let everyone know what horrible stuff they have to filter out and not sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.