• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (3 days): thread derail
Does it have ios? No? Then I will continue to buy iphones 🤷🏻‍♂️

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the excuses are when apple announces the new xr with the same crappy screen.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
That's fanboyism. If you sad "i miss this feature from ios , or that" it would be a healthy discussion but saying shit like should be trollish.

What?

I am deeply invested in Apple eco system and I like it a lot. No way I will jump to another OS even if it was cheaper and had better specs.

What's trollish about that?

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
meanwhile a $1000 2019 iPhone will have a notch
The technology contained within that notch is what matters through. The notch isn't for shits and giggles, there is intentional functions behind it. Something you will not see in a $250 phone anytime soon. Nevermind the fact that A30 has a big ass chin btw.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
What?

I am deeply invested in Apple eco system and I like it a lot. No way I will jump to another OS even if it was cheaper and had better specs.

What's trollish about that?
"ecosystem" what is that even means. You are not explaning what you like about it and honestly makes no sense to post in this thread then

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"ecosystem" what is that even means. You are not explaning what you like about it and honestly makes no sense to post in this thread then
If you don't know what ecosystem means you're not in a good position to call him/her out.

When we talk about being invested in the 'Android ecosystem' or 'Apple ecosystem' it means a)money has already been spent on whichever brand that is lost if they were to switch b)apps and features considered important that are lost when switching.

For example, I have considered switching to Android a couple times in the past few months however I own an Apple Watch. I love it, and frankly nothing in the market can compete with it, not even Samsung's offerings. Its good enough to make me reconsider switching from Apple.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Bought an Honor 8x as a screen to operate various tech equipment (dslr sliders, drones, etc) and I am amazed on what 200 eur can get you in regards of display and battery life.

My main phone is a pixel 2 xl and while it is still a lot better (no bloat ware and superb camera) it crazy to see what is possible to do at that price range

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017

Did you even read the OP? They clearly ask why pay for 1000$+ devices hence why I brought up ios and ecosystem.

Also if you don't know what ecosystem mean, you should google it, it's a common term.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Are they still sending info back to China? What about the sheep who don't want to directly support the Chinese communist party that are putting a million Muslims in a camp?
Ehh.. the US government probably collects a lot more information about you than China ever will. And all phones are made in China anyway, Chinese brand or not.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Not huge enough. I want a 7" phone I can use properly when I am driving.

Xiaomi is not making Max 4 after Max 3 so I got nothing. Mate 20 Pro is my only option but its still a $500 phone.

Yeah I have a 8 inch tablet but I can't put it in my pants.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Not huge enough. I want a 7" phone I can use properly when I am driving.

Xiaomi is not making Max 4 after Max 3 so I got nothing. Mate 20 Pro is my only option but its still a $500 phone.

Yeah I have a 8 inch tablet but I can't put it in my pants.
You clearly shouldnt use phones when driving but whatever if you want to die thats on you

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dude your whole argument is thrown out the window because he had a valid point. I'm in the ecosystem as well and won't switch.

And the first page of this thread has a shit ton of replies that are trolling anyone who pays for a premium phone. I know you really just want to go off on Apple "fanboys"

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Phones peaked around 2 years ago. Xiaomi brought the whoopass. There are some insane phones even under $200.
I would say sooner than that, doesn't feel like there have been any real advance on phones. I really think folding will be the next evolution

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Dude your whole argument is thrown out the window because he had a valid point. I'm in the ecosystem as well and won't switch.

And the first page of this thread has a shit ton of replies that are trolling anyone who pays for a premium phone. I know you really just want to go off on Apple "fanboys"
I dont get what discussion people bringing to thread if they say " I am in this ecosystem so im never gonna buy it but i talk about this on other phone recommendation threads"
Whats this supposed to mean? I really dont get , its not helpful its literally meaningless , i would perfectly understand if one of you purposed logical iOS advantages . I mean cool for you iOS fanatics i guess , spreading that you own iOS devices and wont change until they make a way to magically turn android devices iOS.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
My S8 was getting noticable at 2 years.

I noticed it on my Note 8 when it was getting close to the year mark. Got it replaced under warranty last year and I haven't noticed it again.

The issue for me in regards to budget phones comes down to two things is network support. I live in SD, our options for cell providers are AT&T (which isn't BYOD friendly), T-Mobile (BYOD friendly, but their service sucks outside of Rapid City) and Verizon (best coverage, BYOD support isn't great for most BYOD devices that are from outside the US).

That really puts a limit on my options for buying a phone. I'm currently using Verizon with my unlocked Note 8 because it's nice to be able to make a phone call and send a text (previous provider was T-Mobile).

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
I dont get what discussion people bringing to thread if they say " I am in this ecosystem so im never gonna buy it but i talk about this on other phone recommendation threads."
Whats this supposed to mean? I really dont get , its not helpful its literally meaningless

The first page is filled with people trolling iphone users, did you reply to them telling their replies are meaningless to the "healthy" discussion you're promoting?

No? you just replied to the iphone user saying they like their phones because of the OS and the fantastic ecosystem Apple offers?

jeez, I wonder why?

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
The first page is filled with people trolling iphone users, did you reply to them telling their replies are meaningless to the "healthy" discussion you're promoting?

No? you just replied to the iphone user saying they like their phones because of the OS and the fantastic ecosystem Apple offers?

jeez, I wonder why?
Making fun of notch and lack of headphone jack ain't just aimed iPhone peeps you fragile dum dum. Look at all them new high end Android phones with same afflictions!

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it's crazy that we're seeing cutting edge features like (almost) all-screen front, and in-screen fingerprint reader in affordable phones. At those prices, who cares if they lag or fail in a year or two. Just change to another one by then. You might even get one with a under-screen selfie cam by then.

This attitude is why we have cellphones filling up landfills around the world right now. When these budget phones have state of the art Li-ion batteries with decade-long battery life, then maybe I'll consider them. But at the moment you can only get 3+ years out of the usual premium manufacturers. I would love to be proven wrong here, though. (In the market to replace my Galaxy S7 right now)

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Making fun of notch and lack of headphone jack ain't just aimed iPhone peeps you fragile dum dum. Look at all them new high end Android phones with same afflictions!

Ok? you seemed confused why people would pay high price for phones. I gave my reasoning 🤷🏻‍♂️.

And then that poster jumped on me for some reason lol.

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
First, a little bit of a background.

I'm a user who comes from a few years of using flagship Android phones, mostly getting last years flagships for the price of new midrange phones. My last phone, before switching to Mi 9T was a Galaxy Note 8, and before that I had a OnePlus 5T. So fair to say I've gotten used to the flagship look and feel of the modern phones. Also, I'm somewhat of a power user. I don't do any sorts of gaming on my phone (well, mostly emulators) but other than that, smartphones for me are basically a substitution for a laptop most of the times. I use my phone for about 3-4 hours a day, sometimes even more than that. Banking, shopping, checking social media (Reddit, Era, WhatsApp), taking photos (a lot of photos), watching movies… that's what I'm mostly using the Mi 9T (or any phone) for.

All of this above is just so you can get to known how much and for what I use my phones and to see if this phone fits for you too.

My phone: Mi 9T Black (128GB)

1. Build quality

E9nlSso.jpg

This phone is made form glass and aluminium. It does give the phone the premium look and feel.

The back glass is stunning. It is, however, a fingerprint magnet, but I'm a guy who always uses a case on my phones, so fingerprints don't bother me at all. I'll admire the shiny blacl back panel from time to time and show it of to my friends, but it's mostly covered for safety, because as JerryRig says "glass is glass and it will break". Also, the phones comes with a very nice case, so you don't need to spend any extra money.

Popup camera feels as solid as it gets, the motor is maybe a bit on a slow side, but it's not like I'm in a hurry that I need to take a selfie in 0.1 seconds. The fall detection works pretty well so you don't have to worry about breaking the camera if you drop the phone while taking a selfie. I wouldn't suggest using the popup camera for unlocking of the device, it's too slow for that and it messes with the longevity of the motor unnecessary.

In-display fingerprint sensor is also a bit slower than a regular sensor, but it's only noticeable if you really try for it to be. I find it a bit more forgiving (as in it unlocks my phone even with my finger a bit off or at a weir angle) than some of the fingerprint sensors I've used before.

2. Screen

Oh, the screen, all the screen, the beautiful AMOLED screen. I've been thinking of getting either this or an S10+ but not having a notch is where I made my decision and boy was that decision right. Once you see the completely bezelless screen in front of you, it's hard not to wonder what's the next step in smartphone industry. I keep the brightness and contrast on auto most of the time and it works pretty good. There's a few times that it can go a bit too dim or too bright for a second or two, but I'll probably start using it on manual brightness anyways, so it's not a big deal for me. As for the brightness and contrast it's plenty bright in plain daylight, the screen and everything on it is readable and it's, probably, a bit brighter than my Galaxy Note 8 was. Full HD, well this ratio of 1080p resolution is more than enough and I kept all my previous phones that had the ability to change the resolution at 1080p. If you must have 2K resolution, then this won't be the phone for you, but you may give it a try, because this is a pretty sharp display with solid vibrant colors and I don't think that not having 2K resolution will mean a lot for me in the future.

It's a Super AMOLED with HDR10 and DCI-P3 certified and Gorilla Glass 5.

Nl6nhXR.jpg

3. UI/UX

I have a global MIUI version of the phone and coming from Samsung's own One UI and Oxygen OS, there's a few things to get used to. Gestures aren't the same, but I prefer the MIUI gestures over the One UI ones. The swipe from either side of the screen to go back is great and other gestures mimic the ones we see on iPhones, so swipe up for home and hold up for recent apps. Recent apps menu is well organised an it's also one of the things I prefer over my last phone. I don't like the lack of an app drawer of this ROM. Period. But an app drawer is coming in MIUI 11 (already in the beta) and it is the same as the Poco Launcher (also made by Xiaomi). I installed the Poco Launcher and now I have an app drawer, but soon will be part of the system. Settings menu is good, but the search function needs some getting used to because Xiaomi has a different way of naming some functions than other manufacturers do. That also may be a personal opinion and preference on my side, but Samsung's settings search worked way better for me. Other than that, it's easy to navigate and get to the right settings using the menu itself, it is an Android phone after all so it's not much different than any other, except the MIUI skin on it.

BODcg1l.jpg

Notifications are different. First of all, notification icons are turned off by default, so I had to turned them on first. Notification LED is on top of the phone so that also needs a bit of getting used to, but it works and at least Xioami put one there. All things considered, MIUI10 is best that Xiaomi has ever had to offer, it's blazing fast without any hitches, it has great practicality and if you take the time to set it up along your needs it will treat you well. It does take a bit to setup and get used to, at least for me it did. It is extremely pretty.

Oh, the ambient display (Outer Space) looks amazing and it changes depending on the time of the day.

4. Camera(s)

Were do we start here? There's 4. Selfie, main, telephoto and wide. I've talked about the selfie camera a bit before, but I'll do it again. It's a solid camera that get's the job done. The popup aspect is fun and it gave space for a better camera to be put there than a notch (just my logic). I'll say this now and it will be applied to all of the cameras.

Main cam captures everything great. If you use the 48MP mode it will have all the detail you need. I mostly use just the regular mode and it handles photography very well. It does get a bit soft in dark, but the night mode fixes that (if you have enough patience to hold your phone still for a few seconds to get that sweet photo).

p712ACO.jpg

Wide camera is what I missed the most (I used to own the LG V20). Fun to use, easy to get great photos and new perspectives out of and the distortion correction works nice. It's lacking the megapixels that the main cam has but it's one of the most fun mobile photography experiences you can have. I may be biased on this, again, but it's becoming my main camera for a lot of shots.

Telephoto is not something I've used much and not something that I'll use in the future. It's there but IMO you won't use or need it that much, unless you're using the portrait mode, of course.

P.S. I didn't do much of a video testing so I'll update the post with that later on if anyone is interested.

5. Battery

I had to put this in a separate category because the battery blows me away. There isn't a day that I don't go to bed with at least 30% still on, and most of the days it's closer to 40 or 50%. I charge the phone once a day for half an hour and it's enough for the whole day. 4000 mAh really shines combined with dark mode MIUI and the AMOLED display. If this is something you worry about, then don't, the battery life is AMAZING!

I will never get a phone with less than 4000 mAh battery.

6. Wow factor

I've put this in a special category because there wasn't a single person who saw this phone in my hands and didn't go "wow" and that is before I show them the popup camera or the in-display fingerprint sensor. It truly feels like a phone from the future and the wow factor is definitely something to consider nowdays and I'm telling you, this phone has it!

CegTLGk.jpg

tl;dr: Xiaomi Mi 9T gave me everything I expected from the phone and more. It's plenty of fast for everyday tasks and as I said, I don't game that much, but it seems to handle games just fine for what I've tried. Screen is beautiful and bezelless design feels like the future is now. The cameras are good and there's one for almost every situation you find yourself shooting in. Wow factor is there and build quality is on pair with a lot of more expensive phones out there. This phone is good at all the things a regular or even a bit heavier user like me will put it on.

I'd give it an 9/10 rating. It's not perfect, it has things that need getting used to, but once you get to know and love it, it's a lot of a phone for a not a lot of a price!

It was just $290 (the Amazon seller doesn't even charge taxes).

If you have any questions I'll try to answer them as quick as I can!

YdsXlMH.jpg

Here some video reviews.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Only reason I end up paying for mid-flagship is usually due to either lack of Tmo Wifi call support or missing a bunch of bands that sometimes come in handy while traveling (either domestic or international). Otherwise, a lot of inexpensive phones are more than adequate (but still often lack software support).

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been on budget phones since 2013. I haven't regretted it one bit, and have no intention of ever buying a premium phone again.

The main feature I'm going to look for in my next phone is NFC. That always seems to be missing from budget phones. I want to try to start using my phone to pay for things.

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
First, a little bit of a background.

I'm a user who comes from a few years of using flagship Android phones, mostly getting last years flagships for the price of new midrange phones. My last phone, before switching to Mi 9T was a Galaxy Note 8, and before that I had a OnePlus 5T. So fair to say I've gotten used to the flagship look and feel of the modern phones. Also, I'm somewhat of a power user. I don't do any sorts of gaming on my phone (well, mostly emulators) but other than that, smartphones for me are basically a substitution for a laptop most of the times. I use my phone for about 3-4 hours a day, sometimes even more than that. Banking, shopping, checking social media (Reddit, Era, WhatsApp), taking photos (a lot of photos), watching movies… that's what I'm mostly using the Mi 9T (or any phone) for.

All of this above is just so you can get to known how much and for what I use my phones and to see if this phone fits for you too.

My phone: Mi 9T Black (128GB)

1. Build quality

E9nlSso.jpg

This phone is made form glass and aluminium. It does give the phone the premium look and feel.

The back glass is stunning. It is, however, a fingerprint magnet, but I'm a guy who always uses a case on my phones, so fingerprints don't bother me at all. I'll admire the shiny blacl back panel from time to time and show it of to my friends, but it's mostly covered for safety, because as JerryRig says "glass is glass and it will break". Also, the phones comes with a very nice case, so you don't need to spend any extra money.

Popup camera feels as solid as it gets, the motor is maybe a bit on a slow side, but it's not like I'm in a hurry that I need to take a selfie in 0.1 seconds. The fall detection works pretty well so you don't have to worry about breaking the camera if you drop the phone while taking a selfie. I wouldn't suggest using the popup camera for unlocking of the device, it's too slow for that and it messes with the longevity of the motor unnecessary.

In-display fingerprint sensor is also a bit slower than a regular sensor, but it's only noticeable if you really try for it to be. I find it a bit more forgiving (as in it unlocks my phone even with my finger a bit off or at a weir angle) than some of the fingerprint sensors I've used before.

2. Screen

Oh, the screen, all the screen, the beautiful AMOLED screen. I've been thinking of getting either this or an S10+ but not having a notch is where I made my decision and boy was that decision right. Once you see the completely bezelless screen in front of you, it's hard not to wonder what's the next step in smartphone industry. I keep the brightness and contrast on auto most of the time and it works pretty good. There's a few times that it can go a bit too dim or too bright for a second or two, but I'll probably start using it on manual brightness anyways, so it's not a big deal for me. As for the brightness and contrast it's plenty bright in plain daylight, the screen and everything on it is readable and it's, probably, a bit brighter than my Galaxy Note 8 was. Full HD, well this ratio of 1080p resolution is more than enough and I kept all my previous phones that had the ability to change the resolution at 1080p. If you must have 2K resolution, then this won't be the phone for you, but you may give it a try, because this is a pretty sharp display with solid vibrant colors and I don't think that not having 2K resolution will mean a lot for me in the future.

It's a Super AMOLED with HDR10 and DCI-P3 certified and Gorilla Glass 5.

Nl6nhXR.jpg

3. UI/UX

I have a global MIUI version of the phone and coming from Samsung's own One UI and Oxygen OS, there's a few things to get used to. Gestures aren't the same, but I prefer the MIUI gestures over the One UI ones. The swipe from either side of the screen to go back is great and other gestures mimic the ones we see on iPhones, so swipe up for home and hold up for recent apps. Recent apps menu is well organised an it's also one of the things I prefer over my last phone. I don't like the lack of an app drawer of this ROM. Period. But an app drawer is coming in MIUI 11 (already in the beta) and it is the same as the Poco Launcher (also made by Xiaomi). I installed the Poco Launcher and now I have an app drawer, but soon will be part of the system. Settings menu is good, but the search function needs some getting used to because Xiaomi has a different way of naming some functions than other manufacturers do. That also may be a personal opinion and preference on my side, but Samsung's settings search worked way better for me. Other than that, it's easy to navigate and get to the right settings using the menu itself, it is an Android phone after all so it's not much different than any other, except the MIUI skin on it.

BODcg1l.jpg

Notifications are different. First of all, notification icons are turned off by default, so I had to turned them on first. Notification LED is on top of the phone so that also needs a bit of getting used to, but it works and at least Xioami put one there. All things considered, MIUI10 is best that Xiaomi has ever had to offer, it's blazing fast without any hitches, it has great practicality and if you take the time to set it up along your needs it will treat you well. It does take a bit to setup and get used to, at least for me it did. It is extremely pretty.

Oh, the ambient display (Outer Space) looks amazing and it changes depending on the time of the day.

4. Camera(s)

Were do we start here? There's 4. Selfie, main, telephoto and wide. I've talked about the selfie camera a bit before, but I'll do it again. It's a solid camera that get's the job done. The popup aspect is fun and it gave space for a better camera to be put there than a notch (just my logic). I'll say this now and it will be applied to all of the cameras.

Main cam captures everything great. If you use the 48MP mode it will have all the detail you need. I mostly use just the regular mode and it handles photography very well. It does get a bit soft in dark, but the night mode fixes that (if you have enough patience to hold your phone still for a few seconds to get that sweet photo).

p712ACO.jpg

Wide camera is what I missed the most (I used to own the LG V20). Fun to use, easy to get great photos and new perspectives out of and the distortion correction works nice. It's lacking the megapixels that the main cam has but it's one of the most fun mobile photography experiences you can have. I may be biased on this, again, but it's becoming my main camera for a lot of shots.

Telephoto is not something I've used much and not something that I'll use in the future. It's there but IMO you won't use or need it that much, unless you're using the portrait mode, of course.

P.S. I didn't do much of a video testing so I'll update the post with that later on if anyone is interested.

5. Battery

I had to put this in a separate category because the battery blows me away. There isn't a day that I don't go to bed with at least 30% still on, and most of the days it's closer to 40 or 50%. I charge the phone once a day for half an hour and it's enough for the whole day. 4000 mAh really shines combined with dark mode MIUI and the AMOLED display. If this is something you worry about, then don't, the battery life is AMAZING!

I will never get a phone with less than 4000 mAh battery.

6. Wow factor

I've put this in a special category because there wasn't a single person who saw this phone in my hands and didn't go "wow" and that is before I show them the popup camera or the in-display fingerprint sensor. It truly feels like a phone from the future and the wow factor is definitely something to consider nowdays and I'm telling you, this phone has it!

CegTLGk.jpg

tl;dr: Xiaomi Mi 9T gave me everything I expected from the phone and more. It's plenty of fast for everyday tasks and as I said, I don't game that much, but it seems to handle games just fine for what I've tried. Screen is beautiful and bezelless design feels like the future is now. The cameras are good and there's one for almost every situation you find yourself shooting in. Wow factor is there and build quality is on pair with a lot of more expensive phones out there. This phone is good at all the things a regular or even a bit heavier user like me will put it on.

I'd give it an 9/10 rating. It's not perfect, it has things that need getting used to, but once you get to know and love it, it's a lot of a phone for a not a lot of a price!

It was just $290 (the Amazon seller doesn't even charge taxes).

If you have any questions I'll try to answer them as quick as I can!

YdsXlMH.jpg

Here some video reviews.

Link for the thread:

www.resetera.com

You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a flagship quality phone (Mi 9T)

I'm a user who comes from a few years of using flagship Android phones, mostly getting last years flagships for the price of new midrange phones. My last phone, before switching to Mi 9T was a Galaxy Note 8, and before that I had a OnePlus 5T. So fair to say I’ve gotten used to the flagship look...

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Yeah, got a Samsung A20 myself for $199 about 3 weeks ago. Finally upgraded after 3 1/2 years. This phone will probably last me 2-3 years pretty easily. I'll probably never be one to have a top of the line phone, I just don't care about having that much power when I barely do anything with my phone besides check e-mails, text, use a few apps and make calls.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Relatively few budget phones properly support US cellular bands, so they're largely irrelevant in Resetera's largest market (unless you're okay with awful reception/speeds or relying on WiFi).

For example, here's a list of phones that actually match T-Mobile's modern frequencies:

That's literally all of the phones in the world that support T-Mo's 600 MHz LTE as of earlier this year.

I'd don't, how many of them will last more than couple years before support is dropped and can be sold for a few hundred towards a new phone?

These phones have support measured in the months, if at all (Blu). They're going into landfills after use, not resale.

How common is burn-in on modern OLED phones?

Exceedingly. As someone who comes across a lot of used/in-use cell phones, virtually every OLED device I see that's more than a year or two old has severe permanent burn in and/or screen rot. Every year Samsung/LG insists that their new 201X AMOLED displays are more resilient than ever before and we're to just ignore how quickly the 201X-1 and 201X-2 models went south. Good luck finding a used OG Pixel (or launch Pixel 2) or Galaxy S7/S8 with a usable display, let alone with a lower-end phone.

Last edited:

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh.. the US government probably collects a lot more information about you than China ever will. And all phones are made in China anyway, Chinese brand or not.
Yeah, but there's a difference. I don't have a bunch of control over the government but I'm not trying to assist the Chinese government. If my government's lack of transparency upsets me then I don't have a scale to fully discuss the rage from thinking about the Chinese government.

And yes, most electronics are made in countries with suspect policies but it's a different step to start buying from a Chinese company without the standard checks and balances of us or even European companies.

Healthy independent press to place checks and balances on Chinese government?

Hell, we would throw a fit if Google opened their search in China and listened to the Chinese government's wishes. The same Google that builds their products with parts made in China. So we are already used to this hypocrisy and function around it.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
How common is burn-in on modern OLED phones?

I don't know about numbers, but my s8+ is still free of burn in, and I'm at like 2.5 years on it. I just put on a youtube video and cranked the brightness to be sure.

My 65" LG OLED, on the other hand...*sigh*.

I like to buy last year's model phone when it goes on sale. Find that a better deal than these midrange phone deals. I paid $900 for 2 S8+ phones last time around, 2.5 years ago. Still waiting for an S10+ deal that doesn't involve opening a new line. Not sure where I go after the headphone jack disappears from Samsung...probably back to LG. I liked my couple of LG phones years ago.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
really quite amazing. been super happy with my pocophone over the past year. won't need to upgrade for at least a few more years

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Has there been any outright bad phones from any of the major phone makers in the last year? Even the worst phones are at best 'meh' but nothing unusable like HTC's first 3D 3G phone.