• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was browsing through the latest stuff on Xbox One, and among other things, I noticed that the upcoming episode of the long-lasting turn-based strategy game Age Of Wonders is getting a new game next Summer. It's called Planetfall, it's a sci-fi take on the franchise and it can be preordered now on Xbox One for what I saw. Here's the game on Steam for the curious:

So, I decided to check out the different editions of the game. As always, there's different tiers you can buy into right away, with more expensive versions including the season pass and other shenanigans. Why did I make this thread though? Well, the cover arts made me laugh.

This is the standard edition's cover art, taken from the Microsoft Store:
a9kQcUR.jpg

Looks pretty standard, you can more or less understand how this is a hexagon-based, multi-faction strategy game, with a generic commander for the humans up front. Nothing special.

This is the cover art for the Deluxe Edition:
nodknsF.jpg

By buying into a more expensive edition, our heroic human turned Thomas Magnum or something, with badass sunglasses, the moustache of a pussyslayer and a cool as heck sigar. Radical!

But there is also a Premium Edition of the game, here's the cover art:
KXjA47g.png

If you spend even more money on the game, Magnum P.I. will now start facing enemies who clearly also have access to a bigger budget, as their units are now made out of solid freakin' gold.

So, if you were planning on checking out this game, the Microsoft Store puts is release date for the 6th of August 2019 - not that far away. But keep in mind that the peasant Standard Edition will get you nowhere: in order to be a badass mustachio'd dude battling alien races made of solid gold, you'll have to open up your wallets folks. Judging by the cover arts alone, it seems to be absolutely worth it.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
All in on PC. Pretty cool that there is a X1 version as well. Hope it sells well, definitely a genre missing on consoles.