• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I mean I understand the precedent it sets to cancel it - basically then why would any winning side of a vote be pushed through if dissent can negate it.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
Since her deal isn't happening I guess I have to keep hoping she's right about this statement.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
So...now it's either leave the union with no agreement or ask for an extension from the other members of the EU? This is crazy.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
latest

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp, May lost again. Good job for our glorious strong, tough Conservative leaders.

It's quite fitting that she's lost her voice today as well.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
God damn.
On NPR, they were thinking May would try to power through if the loss was by less than 100...
150 feels like a real no man's land.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if she'll ask for a third meaningful vote after this significant.

Of course, now she's had 2 chances with her vote, only fair if the general public gets 2 chances with theirs, right?

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
It is the third largest loss by a sitting government in history. It is not No Man's Land.

Less in a manner of getting bodied by vote and more so a matter of, "Well, what now?"
Has there been any hints as to how the EU members might vote if an extension is requested? UK has two and a half weeks to figure this out...

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I've somehow come to loathe this person more than Thatcher. I didn't know such a thing was possible.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
UK is gonna have to make some huge concessions for a reasonable extension. I don't see EU approving without them promising a GE and a Second Referendum.

Let's just call the whole thing off. Do the right thing, May.

Please forgive Wales for our part in this nonsense.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
On the one hand this is completely bonkers...... One step away from the edge of the cliff...

On the other hand this is the path to no brexit...

Tomorrow's vote really is brown trousers time....

If we somehow extend article 50, and somehow get a 2nd vote to end the madness then great..

I have no idea how I'd vote in a GE... Tories can of course fuck off.. labour can too... Anyone who can have a realistic chance of winning the GE and is committed to staying in the EU can have my vote for life honestly.... But that is unicorn and a dream.

Fuck sake this mess... What a joke.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Less in a manner of getting bodied by vote and more so a matter of, "Well, what now?"
Has there been any hints as to how the EU members might vote if an extension is requested? UK has two and a half weeks to figure this out...

Ah, gotcha. And yeah who the fuck knows what happens now. An extension is a necessity at this point, even if we no deal.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Let's see her somehow try and bugger about up til 29th March so No Deal somehow happens. Seems unlikely given the votes tomorrow and Thursday but she WILL try something.

She shouldn't even be PM, and should have resigned months ago. What a fucking shambles of governance.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
These people have been working hard to carry out "the will of the people". It's time for them to show the public their numbers and explain how it has unfortunately not been possible and we should stay in the EU. No Deal will completely tank the UK.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
On the one hand this is completely bonkers...... One step away from the edge of the cliff...

On the other hand this is the path to no brexit...

Tomorrow's vote really is brown trousers time....

If we somehow extend article 50, and somehow get a 2nd vote to end the madness then great..

I have no idea how I'd vote in a GE... Tories can of course fuck off.. labour can too... Anyone who can have a realistic chance of winning the GE and is committed to staying in the EU can have my vote for life honestly.... But that is unicorn and a dream.

Tory is derived from the Irish Gaelic word tóraidhe, meaning outlaw.

wtf?

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018

Don't even..... We've been getting fucked over by the Tories long before the brexit debacle even started.. They'll continue doing so regardless of the outcome

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
The EU isn't going to extend unless there is promise of a referendum that includes staying in the EU... So the options are essentially No deal brexit, delay to do a second referendum, or withdraw article 50.