• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow's vote is whether or not MPs approve a no-deal Brexit. So if that's rejected, the next vote will be on whether the Article 50 period is extended. Which... I assume will result in either a second referendum or a GE.
... Seeing how it went up till now, they'll reject both and also put another vote to reject a no deal.
So you're left with two weeks, no possibility to extend, no possibility to take the deal presented, and no possibility to take not make the deal.

This would be fun to watch if the stakes weren't that high. Three years, and they still want to have the cake and eat it.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
If no deal is rejected surely by default article 50 has to be extended. Doesn't really seem like you need the second vote.

why would that be the default? that is not how things work, they will have to decide on it along with some conditions that will make it more likely that all the EU countries agrees to the extension.

Oct 25, 2017
... Seeing how it went up till now, they'll reject both and also put another vote to reject a no deal.
So you're left with two weeks, no possibility to extend, no possibility to take the deal presented, and no possibility to take not make the deal.

This would be fun to watch if the stakes weren't that high. Three years, and they still want to have the cake and eat it.

Certainly a very real possibility. But there are already Tories talking about how they can't see any way forward beyond another GE, which increases the likelihood that they would vote to extend the Article 50 period. And then if that were to happen there are only two realistic options.

Should no deal be rejected, the vote on Thursday will be the same thing. Voting against it will be a vote for no deal.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow even with an oompa-loompa as our leader I feel like the US is the more stable side of the pond these days.

Stay strong through this bizarre nonsense British Era...

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like May but she must have unbelievable pressure on her.
I don't like her at all, either, but I do feel a certain degree of sympathy for her. But at the same time, she's utterly fucking incompetent and her inability to put country before party is going to fuck all of us.

This government will go down in history as one of the worst, most shambolic, bunch of cunts ever.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I read the best the EU may do is give them an extension by a few weeks, but they will not go past the EU elections. UK needs to be in or out by then.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Before you feel too bad for May, just remember that she's going to make millions selling her story no matter the outcome once this is over.

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017
She might use.....the later to shift the blame around when the crap hit the air propeller.
That is the funny thing about it really, the ones that lead the Brexit campaign don't want to touch the nitty-gritty of this. May is stuck to deal with the fall out of what ever happens and some like Boris Johnson can just swoop in and take the leadership while pushing the harderline. The damn coward.

The thing is that once this deal crashes, I don't think that the UK will have much of a liking to all that are involved with the Brexit mess, Johnson included.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb problems require dumb solutions.

Just hold a continuous referendum (not a second one) that asks how long would you like to leave the EU? See, the referendum only asked whether or not the UK should leave the EU, not how long it should leave the EU.

EU-referendum-ballot-paper-638210.jpg

Have the continued referendum have the options
The UK should leave the EU for 5 minutes, then return to being part of the EU
The UK should leave the EU for 5 months, then return to being part of the EU
The UK should leave the EU for at least 5 years before holding any votes to return to the EU
The UK should leave the EU for at least 15 years before holding any votes to return to the EU

After all, the UK voted the leave - it's the will of the people. But now the will of the people about how long the UK should leave needs to be determined - it's extra important to determine that part of the will of the people, you see.

And I have a feeling the EU will be alright with compromising for option A.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Somewhere deep inside I hope that May decides to utterly fuck the ERG for having fucked her so completely over the last couple of years.

Legally binding vote against no deal which in turn results in a revocation of article 50.

They'd literally scream themselves to death with impotent rage.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Because no one really wants to take over right now.
Exactly. No-one else wants to have to take responsibility for the consequences of Brexit, but as soon as it's done May will be taken out back and shot and then all of the usual suspects will be lining up to take over, the fucking cunts.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like she's whipping the Tories against an amendment that would make no deal impossible. So, voting against no deal but leaving it on the table so she can still force her deal through at the last minute.

HotTakeCakes

Alt account
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Reading
so 350 mill pounds a week to the NHS and less foreigners in the rural areas of the UK, or?? not sure the deal mentions any of these things

Ofcourse it's not going to mention those things because they're bullshit and half of the country fell for it. She still has the job of crashing us out of the EU, deal or no deal, because we voted for it.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
So... Does it means the brexit is canceled or it's just that the poor brits are completely fucked ?

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how the DUP has more power on the future of Scotland, then any other Scottish MP in history including Sturgeon.

Oct 25, 2017
So it's expected that the vote today will result in a rejection of a no-deal Brexit.

Thursday's vote might pass meaning the government is in a rather sticky situation. Both a second referendum and GE will be good reason for the EU to grant an extension. May is in a very compromised position. The ride never ends.

So... Does it means the brexit is canceled or it's just that the poor brits are completely fucked ?

It likely means one of the following. A no-deal Brexit, a GE or a second referendum.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
It was incredible she proposed the same deal for the third time, with no changes, just a different font. Terrific banter.

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
If the UK applies for an extension with the prospect of a second referendum of (at best) unclear result, I would put my money on the EU saying NO/NON/NEIN. So it's No Deal Brexit or revocation of Art. 50, which must happen before March 29.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
If the UK applies for an extension with the prospect of a second referendum of (at best) unclear result, I would put my money on the EU saying NO/NON/NEIN. So it's No Deal Brexit or revocation of Art. 50, which must happen before March 29.

This my worry now.

Vote rejects no deal
Vote accepts to extend
EU say no cos we don't offer a 2nd ref or GE cos May won't do it.
May talks about getting another deal.
March 29th hits and we crash out...