• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ricky64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
What the hell, it seemed like almost nobody wanted a no-deal.
Seems like GB is too tangled up in politics to discuss about their very upcoming future.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder this was an amendment to the no deal vote to add language that takes no deal of the table entirely and was whipped against by the government and was not expected to pass. The "free vote" (which the government is now whipping against) is still to come.

Last edited:

kingkaiser

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Essen, Germany
It's like talking with a defiant child.
Do you want my deal? - No!
Do you want to leave without a deal then? - mmh, NO!
Do you want to have a 2nd referendum? - No, no, no!
What do you want? - Everything should be like before, just better!
But you voted leave, there is no simple just like before! - But I want, I want, I want!

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
The malthouse amendment... Haha get fucked ERG..

With a majority of 4 I don't think the amended motion which takes no deal off the table will pass unfortunately...

So fuck knows then

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who is this villain on the tv at the moment (the one with the specs)? He seems pure evil the way he is speaking about leaving the EU.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe 308 people voted for a No Deal. Lunatics. Party before common sense indeed.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I'm confused, 308-312 is shocking but there are two votes on no deal today? What's the difference, what exactly was the voting on, even reading the explanations above I'm not entirely sure what happened?

Deleted member 25702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wait I'm confused, 308-312 is shocking but there are two votes on no deal today? What's the difference, what exactly was the voting on, even reading the explanations above I'm not entirely sure what happened?
The BBC is covering is with some more detail. I think Am. A was to make it so the UK wouldn't let Brexit happen with No Deal (so, I think they'd be forced to revoke Brexit before then) and Am. F was to extend the deal deadline and a few other things. A passed, F failed.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The no deal vote hasn't happened yet (they're voting on it now) the 308-312 was for an amendment that would add language ruling out no deal in any circumstances, the original wording was more open

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So now slimeball Mogg is going around saying "IT MEANS NOTHING. THE LAW SAYS WE LEAVE WITH NO DEAL".

Yeah, I don't think it's happening. Try the courts.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the main motion of this evening was to reject a No Deal outcome.

Amendments can be tabled and voted upon, one such amendment was to rule out leaving the EU entirely, or at least with No Deal at any point. This passed, and is now part of the main motion.

The government is now trying to vote and force its own MPs to vote against the motion they brought, because of the amendment. It's absolutely bonkers and pretty hilarious.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
What a stupid fucking clusterfuck. No one actually wants to assume responsibility here.

embarrassing. they think the EU will bend right over.

Just push it further down the road.